Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 5th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Alastair MacDirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentDex View Post
Quote:
I've always felt restricted with Overextend. You have to wonder if Overextend was restricted to one use per Round simply because it was the only possible way to word it.

You can't say only usable once per "Turn" because you're taking multiple terms.

Once per order marker, but that's clumsy. Plus the mechanic of "After revealing an order marker..." wasn't created back in wave 3.

But who can keep track of whether or not they Overextended this round? This is one of the few powers in Heroscape without a concrete reminder. Let the cheating commence.
If you could use Overextend 3 times in a round, Alistair would get a bunch of turns in a round. That in its self isn't too powerful since he would be taking wounds for it but think how fast the MacDirks attack would rise. I think it was worded like that to not overpower the Macdirks so fast.
Very good point.

However, the MacDirks wouldn't become overpowered even if Alastair could Overextend at any time.

The caveat is their 2 defense, obviously. But also that sacrificing 110 points to raise their attack to 7 is not worth it. I've used this strategy (by attacking Alastair with other units) and the loss of Alastair puts the MacDirks in a bigger rut than having less attack would have. Taking Kelda to reuse Alastair at the end of it is just digging yourself into a bigger ditch point-wise.

That being said, the MacDirks probably had a lot of influence on the wording of Overextend. Against Melee heroes these guys would be legendary. Honestly, they could use the boost.
Try Rhogar, and you will still have a beat stick who can quickly heal Alistair as he retreats. Then take another Champion(Hawthorne might be fine) and you still have some bonding even after Alistair returns to the back of the board.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentDex View Post
Quote:
I've always felt restricted with Overextend. You have to wonder if Overextend was restricted to one use per Round simply because it was the only possible way to word it.

You can't say only usable once per "Turn" because you're taking multiple terms.

Once per order marker, but that's clumsy. Plus the mechanic of "After revealing an order marker..." wasn't created back in wave 3.

But who can keep track of whether or not they Overextended this round? This is one of the few powers in Heroscape without a concrete reminder. Let the cheating commence.
If you could use Overextend 3 times in a round, Alistair would get a bunch of turns in a round. That in its self isn't too powerful since he would be taking wounds for it but think how fast the MacDirks attack would rise. I think it was worded like that to not overpower the Macdirks so fast.
Very good point.

However, the MacDirks wouldn't become overpowered even if Alastair could Overextend at any time.

The caveat is their 2 defense, obviously. But also that sacrificing 110 points to raise their attack to 7 is not worth it. I've used this strategy (by attacking Alastair with other units) and the loss of Alastair puts the MacDirks in a bigger rut than having less attack would have. Taking Kelda to reuse Alastair at the end of it is just digging yourself into a bigger ditch point-wise.

That being said, the MacDirks probably had a lot of influence on the wording of Overextend. Against Melee heroes these guys would be legendary. Honestly, they could use the boost.
Try Rhogar, and you will still have a beat stick who can quickly heal Alistair as he retreats. Then take another Champion(Hawthorne might be fine) and you still have some bonding even after Alistair returns to the back of the board.
MacDirks can only have one champion per game.
But, they can bond with more than one champion in a game.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:09 PM

General Nilfy Woo who?

I am going to get a McDirk army soon. (hopefully). here's what I'm thinking:

Alastair MckilleverythinginsightDirk 110
Eldgrim 30
2x McDirk Warriors 160
Nilfhiem 185
Isamu 10 or Cyprien/Sonya 195

The big guys(Nilfy/Cy) take out whatever range there might be while drawing attention away from your melee men!

Nilfy, Going Scottish!
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

In my experience, 2 defense Scots die fast. I don't play Raelin much, but for these guys I make an exception. I'd swap out Eldgrim, Sonya and Isamu for her, giving

Alastair
MacDirks x2
Cyp
Raelin I
500/11

Eltahale would also fill Cyp/Nilf's role well.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old November 11th, 2014, 11:42 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Alastair, better with the Knights or MacDirks?
This is kinda like the post in Mogrimm's book. Actually, it's al,out identical.
Old November 12th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Easier to answer though. He's better with the MacDirks. The value of his overextend attack is increased using him with the squad that needs their hero to be bleeding in order to be effective. Having said that, the KoW are significantly superior to the MacDirks (4 defense is quite good and 2 is putrid). And with the KoW, Sir Gilbert is a better choice for 5 fewer points (betcha 2xKoW+Sir Gilbert beats 2xMacDirks + Alastair mosta the time, even though it weighs in at 25 points cheaper).

~Aldin, who supposes the MacDirks could probably best the KoW in a drinking contest

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 12th, 2014, 05:57 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
~Aldin, who supposes the MacDirks could probably best the KoW in a drinking contest
I wasn't about to question that.
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:46 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Alastair Macdirk
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units