Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old March 21st, 2011, 01:40 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Re: new people and polls

I don't mind polls, but if a lot of people do, why not limit poll creation to site supporters only? Then you'd have to pay to be asinine...
Old March 21st, 2011, 01:45 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I notice that "accurate" and "useful" are not on your list of properties that polls have.
Polls are definitely useful (at least in the mind of the person posting it) which is why they are commonly used. If assessing a general feeling towards a particular question, I would match rather look at a poll than read through 20 pages of posts. For example, someone not knowing the game could tell from a 10th vs 4th Poll that both units are considered similar in strength whereas a 10th vs Groks poll would show the 10th are far superior.

They also can be quite accurate. You may question the options the polls leave you with but at least it makes people formulate or decide upon an opinion regarding the subject and then displays what each person's answer is in regards to the options.
Old March 21st, 2011, 01:48 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Hey! Groks are way awesomer than redcoats...
Old March 21st, 2011, 02:12 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Thanks for referencing my Unit Debates. At least it's known that my polls are worth something!

But yes if you're making a poll, make it worthy to vote.

But it seems politicials don't know this either, so...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online