Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 12th, 2019, 03:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Leo Fitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Maybe you can just FAQ how it interacts with the different wordings for using SAs? Like I said, the language on someone like Northstar is different than it is on someone like Star-Lord.
Not seeing the issue. Pretty clear that Northstar is using his SA once, and that one use of his SA grants him up to 5 separate att. rolls. Where as it's also really clear that Diamondback and Judge Dredd get to use two separate SA's per turn.

We can further clarify it with a FAQ though.
Old October 12th, 2019, 03:49 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
REPETITIVE STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2.
Northstar may attack up to 5 times with this special attack. He must attack the same figure with each subsequent attack. The defending figure may not be moved by any special power on any Army Card.
I could just see this getting very easily confused as 5 separate uses of the same special attack. It's probably just an example of inconsistent wording, but I think with this radical of a concept it makes sense to clarify for the end user as much as possible.
Old October 12th, 2019, 03:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Looking at Brand and it would be nice if Fitz were dual classed as an Agent too. Then when he takes a turn to extract someone he can just not attack and trigger Agent Back-Up to allow another Agent to go.
Old October 12th, 2019, 03:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Quote:
Range 1. Attack 2.
Northstar may attack up to 5 times with this special attack. He must attack the same figure with each subsequent attack. The defending figure may not be moved by any special power on any Army Card.
I could just see this getting very easily confused as 5 separate uses of the same special attack. It's probably just an example of inconsistent wording, but I think with this radical of a concept it makes sense to clarify for the end user as much as possible.

Since this is near and dear to your heart, do you want to write up the FAQ for it then?
Old October 12th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

An attempt at some minor language tweaks:

Quote:
NAME = LEO FITZ

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ENGINEER
PERSONALITY = RESOURCEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 60?

TECH UPGRADE
At the start of the game, choose an Army Card you control with one or more Special Attacks and roll the 20-sided die. Place the corresponding Silver Tech Upgrade Marker on the chosen card.

1-6: Place the Stun Marker. Once per round, after a figure defends against a Special Attack on the chosen card, move the Stun Marker to the defending figure's card. An enemy figure with your Stun Marker on its card subtracts 1 from its Attack Number. At the end of the round, remove your Stun Marker from that card.
7-13: Place the Armor Piercing Marker. Once per Special Attack use, you may subtract 1 from a targeted figure's defense.
14-20: Place the Accuracy Marker. Once per Special Attack use, you may re-roll 1 attack die.

FITZSIMMONS
When any Agent, Engineer, or Scientist you control rolls the 20-sided die, you may add or subtract 1 from the result.

FIELD EXTRACTION PROTOCOL
After taking a turn with Fitz, you may choose any Agent, Engineer, or Scientist you control and place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to Fitz. Figures moved by this power do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 12th, 2019, 03:58 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Some longer, alternate wording for the "once per special attack use":

Quote:
The first time you use each Special Attack one the chosen card each turn,
That fit for the second bullet, but didn't quite work for the third, so I cut it from my suggested tweaks.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 12th, 2019, 04:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Good call on rearranging the order of the powers.
Old October 12th, 2019, 04:17 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Range 1. Attack 2.

Since this is near and dear to your heart, do you want to write up the FAQ for it then?
Sure. I do the complaining, I do the explaining. Seems fair.

Lifted from the formatting in Harley Quinn I's thread. No clue if that's standard or not.
Quote:
  • Q: How does the "once per special attack use" language work with special attacks that allow multiple attacks?
  • A: A "special attack use" counts as using that entire special attack. So if a special attack allows you to attack multiple times with that same special attack, all those attacks count as one "special attack use."
  • Q: Okay, but how does "once per special attack use" work with something like Northstar's Repetitive Strike Special Attack? That says "Northstar may attack up to 5 times with this special attack." Does that count as 5 "special attack uses" or just 1?
  • A: That would only count as 1 special attack use, as all 5 attacks are all a part of the same usage of the special attack.
Old October 12th, 2019, 04:18 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Wording needs a once over, but as an overall product I'm happy with that. The only niggle I still have is the rerolling attack dice, which for me is still just over the line of altering the actual mechanics of the special attack... I understand that's up to interpretation where that line is, but for me it's just on the other side. How set are you on that? And am I the only one with that hangup?

(Alternatives I can think of - negating the defending figure's power, moving the defending figure, not requiring clear sight.)
Same hang-up for me as well, fwiw.

Some thoughts on stuff we could trim if we're tight on space:
-Could we do Stun more simply as an OM removal thing?
-Could Fitzsimmons be limited to whatever class Simmons is?
-Could Field Extraction be limited to Agents?

Sorry if I'm retreading old ground with any of this, I know this one's been workshopped a bit. The latter two powers feel more evocative to me with those limitations, though introducing broader Scientist/Engineer synergies is tempting.
Old October 12th, 2019, 04:20 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Range 1. Attack 2.

Sure. I do the complaining, I do the explaining. Seems fair.

Lifted from the formatting in Harley Quinn I's thread. No clue if that's standard or not.
Quote:
  • Q: How does the "once per special attack use" language work with special attacks that allow multiple attacks?
  • A: A "special attack use" counts as using that entire special attack. So if a special attack allows you to attack multiple times with that same special attack, all those attacks count as one "special attack use."
  • Q: Okay, but how does "once per special attack use" work with something like Northstar's Repetitive Strike Special Attack? That says "Northstar may attack up to 5 times with this special attack." Does that count as 5 "special attack uses" or just 1?
  • A: That would only count as 1 special attack use, as all 5 attacks are all a part of the same usage of the special attack.
I like Bats' wording as an end around on this.

Oh, also another little cut you could make for space: let him give anyone a tech upgrade, not just figures with special attacks. Won't do anything for folks without SAs anyhow, probably no real need to specify that he can't throw the marker somewhere useless.
Old October 12th, 2019, 04:30 PM

Fitzsimmons is going to be used on both of their cards and thus the three classes, right?

But Field Extraction isn't, and therefore cutting Engineer could make some sense, as he's only extracting an agent or Simmons.

Old October 12th, 2019, 04:41 PM
C3G Landlord

There's not many engineers currently, I was thinking we had a few more than we do. Would just be nice to be creating some soft synergy for them though for future considerations, plus I really like that if hooks him to our only version of Deathlok. At one additional word I think we can afford to keep it in, but some of the other trimming I can do. I briefly considered the OM removal before but was concerned it might be too good or stack weirdly with some SA I was forgetting that already did something with OM's. I know HQ bomb can knock off OM's already as does Iceman's SA.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library