Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old January 11th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
Eckels' Mods & Repaints - NEW 1/28 Syvarris 'Sex Change'

MIMRING / ZEPHYR

Mimring has been modified in a few ways - I trimmed the goat horns from his head. I cut the small piece of connecting plastic from the top of the wing socket - and leaned the front of his body forward a bit. Also stretched the neck out farther forward and straighter than the original mimring. I removed several of his big top scales near the wings, bent his wings down, and glued the wings to the body slightly forward, instead of using the pin and socket it comes with.
Then I painted it. took me a while and it was my first repaint i've ever done. I think it came out pretty good for my first try!
I really like his wings this way, I envision him shielding smaller squads from attack from above.

GRIIMNAK / GRIMLOCK
I just removed the rider (Grimnak). Back when I started playing Heroscape, I kept thinking Grimnak was a beast, (and trying to use him as a bonded figure because of it) forgetting that he had an orc on his back, who was instead, named Grimnak.
So now it's just the beast (and it WILL BE A BEAST), and I'm going to name him Grimlock in honor of the transformer.
(Let me guess, I'm like the 250th person to do this, right?)
His skin is a dark green that doesn't really show up well in this photo.

RAELIN / CRAPPY LOOKING EVIL RAELIN
A really crappy Raelin. (I'll show it to you, but I don't really want to talk about it. It takes me to a bad place.) It's crappy.

DEATHWALKER 9000 / SUGGEST A NAME

IZUMI SAMURAI / SUGGEST A NAME

TARN VIKING WARRIOR / ELVEN WARRIOR
NE-GOK-SA / CHAR
On the tarn, I cut his shield and arm free from his cape, and cut the back of his helmet away, along with the big feathers on his hat. I also bent his arm up and his sword arm down and forward. He's supposed to look like an elvish warrior.
Ne Gok Sa was supposed to look like a lava creature, but he came out a bit too dark. He still looks cool, but not as on-fire, as I had hoped he would look. His name is Char.

HYBRID / MECHAMARRO
HYBRID / UNNAMED CYBORG SOLDIER
These two are both hybrids. The Soulborg is half Marro Warrior, and half Zettian Guard. The other is just a glue-up that has yet to be painted.

KRAV MAGA AGENT / MOM FROM INCREDIBLES?
AGENT CARR/ THE PUNISHER

Finally, the Female Krav Maga with more of a fancy superhero suit, and the Punisher, made from Agent Carr.

SYVARRIS / SEX CHANGE??! NEW 1/28
An in-progress that I'm working on - carving a female figure out of Syvarris.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old January 11th, 2008, 10:09 PM

Einar_Ninja_925 has disabled reputation
those are really good, i probanly cant even do that well

I am an Einar Ninja....I serve Hatamoto Taro.....and Fight for Justice!!!

THIS IS EINAR!!!
Old January 11th, 2008, 10:12 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I love the Mimring...don't know how much you are gonna love it though when you are trying to fit those wings into a space...but they will make nice umbrellas and LOS blockers from shooters at high elevations for smaller units (quickly runs to right strategy guide)
Old January 12th, 2008, 02:54 AM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
I actually like you Raelin. Rven with the pink she just looks really bad a ss.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old January 12th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Ug, a gray man

I appreciate the compliment, STAROCEAN980, but I think the colors on your monitor may be a bit off. She's not pink at all. Any red on her is dark red. Close to maroon. She's dark.

My Latest Maps
Old January 12th, 2008, 11:09 AM

HS ~ KNT is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
On Mimring, That's pretty awesome, I've done a Mimring mod before, and it can be hell to get to stay how you want it, thick plastic and all. All I have to say constructively is, look at how you bent the wings, it seems unnatural to me... I realise it's freakin' hard to get those wings repositioned, but as a note for next time, wings don't usually bend like that.
But 8/10 on Mimring! Who's name is what now, I might ask?

On Grimnak (Grimlock?), I think he would scream beast to me a little more if he didn't have the saddle, right now he looks like he's just ran through a bunch of low trees, and there's an orc hanging in oe back there.
So, 6/10 on Grimnak.

On Raelin, 9even though you didn't really want comments...) I think the colour scheme is going somewhere, I've seen dark Raelin's before, and this is pretty good. Just a couple suggestions, (in case you want to improve?) Trying to keep her hands smooth and pointing forward is a good idea, and also, try and work her once 'goodie' costume into a new 'baddie' costume.
But, I'll give Raelin a 5.5/10

Overall I'm giving you a 9/10.
These points mean nothing, cannot be used as actual currency, and are non-transferable.

I thin kyou gave it a great effort, and nailed it! I'd love to see what you come out with next!

~Neko, shuddering at the memories of her first mods...

~Neko: Leaving, sadly. I hope to see you all around. =^-^=

Making Custom Fixes for Heroscape Once more, I will say my camera hates me.
Old January 12th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Ug, a gray man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS ~ KNT
On Mimring, That's pretty awesome, I've done a Mimring mod before, and it can be hell to get to stay how you want it, thick plastic and all. All I have to say constructively is, look at how you bent the wings, it seems unnatural to me... I realise it's freakin' hard to get those wings repositioned, but as a note for next time, wings don't usually bend like that.
But 8/10 on Mimring! Who's name is what now, I might ask?
Haven't named him yet. I'm waiting for some inspiration.

As for his wings, yeah I know a dragon's wings "shouldn't" bend like that... but it's a mod of an existing figure, and my first mod at that. It may not look "correct" if you examine it, but it still looks pretty cool.

And really, especially since dragons don't exist in the first place, I think some liberties with their anatomy can be fine. Lets call it even.

Quote:
On Grimnak (Grimlock?), I think he would scream beast to me a little more if he didn't have the saddle, right now he looks like he's just ran through a bunch of low trees, and there's an orc hanging in oe back there.
But he's got to have a saddle if he's going to carry other figures!

My intention for him is to be a bonded beast, that can carry, and that's about it.
He's going to have a good move - probably 8 or 9. But a low attack, and a mediocre defense. I don't intend for him to be a heavy fighter, and he won't have any awesome Chomp attack.

As for the name, Grimlock was the leader of the Dinobots. A tyrannosaurus rex Transformer. I'm a child of the 80's, what can I say?

Quote:
On Raelin, 9even though you didn't really want comments...) I think the colour scheme is going somewhere, I've seen dark Raelin's before, and this is pretty good. Just a couple suggestions, (in case you want to improve?) Trying to keep her hands smooth and pointing forward is a good idea, and also, try and work her once 'goodie' costume into a new 'baddie' costume.
But, I'll give Raelin a 5.5/10
Bah, she's terrible. She's not at all how I wanted her to come out. Plus my 2yo son picked her up and tossed her before i had the chance to clearcoat her. Scraped some of the paint off... gah... I just didn't feel like fixing it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to use her, I'm just disappointed with the overall look, and quality of work.

Thanks for your comments, encouragement and advice!

My Latest Maps
Old January 12th, 2008, 04:26 PM

HS ~ KNT is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Ah, I get it now, Then on Grimlock, I'd say 8/10 as well. ^-^

I was just questioning if I should refer to it as Grimnak or Grimlock. ^-^

~Neko: Leaving, sadly. I hope to see you all around. =^-^=

Making Custom Fixes for Heroscape Once more, I will say my camera hates me.
Old January 20th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Your dragon looks neat, might be hard to move him around a battlefield but looks great doing it
Old January 22nd, 2008, 11:33 PM
Ug, a gray man

I think these came out ok.... I did the Izumi back when I did the first three... I did the Deathwalker 9k the other night. DW was a pain in the arse. It came out ok, but It could have been better. I'm happy enough with it that i'm not going to attempt another one soon. Not until I get better.

Please feel free to comment.

*** All Pictures now in first post ***

My Latest Maps
Old January 22nd, 2008, 11:57 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hey, I did that exact thing with my Izumi! Never got around to posting pics, though...
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:39 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I like!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions