Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 5th, 2013, 06:06 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Chicagoland August Bring 2

When: 11 AM Sunday, August 11th.
Where: Games Plus (101 West Prospect Avenue, Mount Prospect, IL 60056)
Entry Fee: $5

Format: Take 2. Players bring 2 pre-drafted 450 point Heroscape army, army size is limited to 16 figures. Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the players. The winner of the dice-off chooses first army choice or second army choice. Whoever has first army choice may choose any of the four armies (either of their two or either of their opponent's two). The other player may then choose from any of the other three armies. Marvel and VC will be allowed.

The event will last 4 rounds so we have time for Main Event practice afterwards.

Map Contest Rules: Each tournament participant (including freeplayers) may submit 1 Contest Map designed for 24 Hex Start Zone, 1v1. Maps will be voted on by tournament participants. We ask voters to consider its playability and creativity. As humans they'll also be considering other factors, such as, "will my brother beat me up if I don't vote for his map?" and so on. The person who submitted the map which receives the most votes will win the prize.

Map Contest FAQ:
Spoiler Alert!

Attending
greygnarl
Shedim Kabal
vegietarian18
vegie's dad
Skylord163

Maybes
greygnarl's dad

Last edited by greygnarl; August 10th, 2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old July 8th, 2013, 05:29 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Chicagoland August Auction Tourney and GenCon Warmup

Yo. I'm down.
Old July 8th, 2013, 05:49 PM

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Yo. I'm down.
What do you think of the format? I'm curious to hear thoughts. And are you bringing anyone else or just you?

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I think the games are going to be REALLY long. The Peoria NHSD draft had games often going to time, and that was with only 400 points and no auction format. With the way the auction currently works, there's no reason to not only increase the bidding amount by 5 points each time, so the auctions will probably take 10 minutes at least, and then players have to think of how to use their army, then set it up, and play the game, which will probably use close to the full 1200 point pool between both players. Games would take over an hour at their shortest.

I also think it will be very difficult to know how to compose an army, since the draft is basically making the price of all figures unknown. Normally in a draft tournament, you draft figures to fill out your points, but that's impossible here.
Old July 8th, 2013, 08:11 PM

It will be interesting for sure, and basically all army construction will occur then and there. I'll think about lowering the point total, maybe bring 400 and get 400 points to use?

Old July 8th, 2013, 11:25 PM

Actually, I think we'll be good with the 600 points. With only four rounds and Rolling Rumble time won't matter that much even in 600 point games. The hex limit will help too.

And on army building, that is what makes it interesting. You can bring whatever you want and still be competitive if you know how to bid. I'm interested to see how it turns out.

Last edited by greygnarl; July 9th, 2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old July 10th, 2013, 02:46 AM

Re: Chicagoland August Bring 2

In a fit of reason I have changed the format to GenCon Take 2.

Old July 10th, 2013, 11:49 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
In a fit of reason I have changed the format to GenCon Take 2.
Sounds good! So far it's just me, but it's early.
Old July 10th, 2013, 07:59 PM

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

My dad and I will be there. We can only bring one map this time though. GenCon is sucking up literally all of our terrain; we're going to have to make something out of the leftovers.
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
My dad and I will be there. We can only bring one map this time though. GenCon is sucking up literally all of our terrain; we're going to have to make something out of the leftovers.
How many maps do you have built at once?

If you want to bring a GenCon map too that would be nice.

Old July 10th, 2013, 08:13 PM

I have all 7 GenCon maps built, but I use a bit of proxy terrain here and there (and by here and there I mean my Embattled Fen is built out of a RotV instead of a SotM, my Qusatch Playground uses castle pillars as trees and bushes, and my Shiver uses our awesome snow-capped proxy trees).

I can bring any GenCon map besides Qusatch Playground and Embattled Fen if you want it there. It can always be a backup in case we don't get enough contest entries.
Old July 21st, 2013, 07:35 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

Sadly I won't be in town until after Gen Con, so I'm gonna have to pass on this one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events