Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 8th, 2021, 03:15 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Asking a question in my own thread: have we used any LOTR minis from their Combat Hex Game? I *think* the answer is no, but somebody asked me and I want to make sure I give the correct answer.
Not to the best of my knowledge. I can't think of any VC designs that use LotR minis. There might be some good proxies for VC or official designs from the game if nothing else; I'm not familiar enough with their catalogue to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
I do want to clarify that Sam Brown doesn’t need to be repainted even if you play him with 4th Mass. I (and others) just put a pair of the D&D stickers on his base to differentiate him. I’ll probably repaint him eventually, but that’s how I’ve done it for the last decade. I wouldn’t let a potentially complex paint job stop people from using the most readily available figures as customs.
Yeah, it's also possible to put a sticker on the base, of course, and I'm glad that GenCon allows that. In my own games or events, I often just proxied all of the figures anyway, since owning everything got too expensive for me long ago.

From a VC perspective, I think that it's important that any paint job is relatively simple. We don't allow unpainted figures for a reason, and I would be extremely hesitant to encourage ~30+ designs (assuming all RotV figures eventually get heroes or squads) that assume the player will either repaint them, proxy them, or need to do something else less in line with the goals of the project. I'm not outright opposed, but I am hesitant and somewhat cautious that it's a line that we're willing to cross, especially in cases where cheaper prepainted alternatives are still available (or where a repaint is less aesthetically appealing).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs