Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 26th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation
Re: Premature Pre??? PreRelease D&D Wave 2 Expansion Specula

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Therrian, you maniac! I was going to wait until March 23 to do this, so you beat me to it. Nice going. Tablewalker said that Guru is hoping Wave 12 will be out for GenCon.

Is there a ranged figure for the Warforged?
Warforged Infiltrator has a Crossbow. There might be one more (Warforged Scout maybe), but I don't remember off hand if one of the others is pictured with a ranged weapon.
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I suppose the Wyrmlings could be Dragons, but I'd guess they're either a squad or have a different race (like Wyrm or Wyrmling).
Why would they need a different race? Their size would prohibit them from being the Lizard King, beyond that there's no really good reason for them to have a different race.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:31 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

D&D Minis Ogres

Old February 26th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think you all have forgotten the skeletons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:22 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Could the ogre actually be an Ettin?

I'm currently reading the Drizzt-related books at the moment and "Ogres and Goblins" came to mind when I was reading a bit when the Dwarves faced off against goblins who were fighting beside several Ettin.
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:29 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That reminds me of an old movie, the Thing with 2 Heads.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWHNA_j7h5A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope View Post

I'm currently reading the Drizzt-related books at the moment and "Ogres and Goblins" came to mind when I was reading a bit when the Dwarves faced off against goblins who were fighting beside several Ettin.
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope View Post

Ettin's aren't Ogres. IIRC, Ettin's are a variant of Giants.

Ogre's are a bit more of an iconic monster encountered by all D&D parties, so I think it would be more appropriate to bring in an Ogre to be used for Dungeon scenarios.

If you have Goblins, Ogres, and Trolls, then you have the holy trinity of antagonists for Level 1, 4, and 6 parties.
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:04 PM

2xHero knows what's in an order marker 2xHero knows what's in an order marker

I found some golems that I thought looked neat. I don't really know what sets they have access to, but I'll post away. I left out the flesh golems and the web golem because I didn't like them. I think that I got the rest, though.

Spoiler Alert!

----------

Then, some other guys that I found interesting...
Spoiler Alert!
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xHero View Post

Chimera from War Drums. I think it looks really cool, and is in the same set as a lot of Warforged figures.

That would be so awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:15 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xHero View Post

Chimera from War Drums. I think it looks really cool, and is in the same set as a lot of Warforged figures.

That would be so awesome!
I fought that guy in Gauntlet.
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:36 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

Spoiler Alert!

Those guys look so cool! I love the drow hero, I really hope he is in it.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:44 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Ok, so I spent a fair amount of time reading through an Eberron history book last night while the 40+ wings I ate while watching the Woman's Figure Skating event slowly digested...it was not a pleasant feeling.

The Last War was this 100 yearish conflict between 5 (I think...hard to keep track of all the kingdoms) kingdoms that was sparked due to some succession issues. Long story short, lots of fighting and bloodshed took place, an entire kingdom was destroyed in some magical explosion AND (and this is the interesting part) the goblinoid races actually signed a treaty that gave them their own kingdom. During this war, the Warforged were also created to fight the various battles. At the end of the Last War, the Warforged (who by this point had been created to have their own sentient thoughts and all that) were deemed to be a free race and are now struggling to find their place in the world when they were created to do nothing but fight.

In the ruins of the destroyed kingdom, a Warforged known as the Lord Of The Blades has gathered many warforged to his side in an effort to wipe the 'soft skin' races (read : nonWarforged) from Khovaire. Other Warforged are just trying to find their place in the world and have not rallied to the LotBs side. Others still are slaves to the kingdoms that bought them during the war.

Long before the Last War (read : REALLY LONG) the goblinoid races (read : goblins, hobgoblins, bugbears) actually ruled a large portion of Khovaire and from what I read the goblinoid races in Eberron are a little less barbaric then the ones that exist in the other D&D worlds.

In summary, some interesting things to consider...assuming that this wave is Eberron based.

1 - The Lord Of The Blades - There is a mini for this guy, and thematically he fits perfectly as a Unique Hero that leads the Warforged to battle. However, he is a WOTC character and nothing in D&DScape so far has led us to assume that they are going to trot out actual 'Lore Canon' characters. Also, this guy doesn't seem like a 'good guy' at all, so if they were to choose to bring this guy on board, it might indicate Warforged being available for both Utgar and Vydar.

2 - Goblinoids - Assuming that the trademark names are the Wave 12 names, then we already know we are getting goblins. However, there are a ton of references to Hobgoblins and Bugbears in the lore that I read, so having Hobgoblin and Bugbear presence in this wave would make alot of sense as well...and there is the mini support to allow that.

3 - Veterans of the Last War - If there is going to be a Warforged squad and/or common/uncommon heroes, then this would be the pack it would be coming in. Verterns of the Last War is EXACTLY what the Warforged are. The goblinoid races also played a large part in the Last War, so perhaps this is where we see some representation of the Hobgoblins/Bug Bears.

4 - Golems/Artificer - Constructs and those that make them play a fairly large role in the lore of Eberron. There is a class known as artificers that creates both magic items and constructs. If the pack names are correct, then we know we are getting a Golem (Vydar is my guess)...which paves the way for a Unique Artificer hero (Vydar as well) that could have some synergy with the Golem(s).

5 - Warforged Titan - There is a kickass mini for the Warforged Titan, and I know a few folks have hoped that it would be a D&D Scape release. There were a few mentions of the Titan in the lore I read, and it sounds like it was a very early version of the Warforged, before they were sentient beings that could think for themselves. Doesn't really point either way to it being a release, but interesting information regardless!

That's all I have for now...loving all this chatter...keep it up

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News