Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 19th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Disaster View Post
I recently purchased an aquilla's alliance set off of ebay and it came with official looking instructions on how to put Zelrig's wings on. This is news to me. Are these instructions official? And if so, do any such instructions exist for the other dragons (Braxas or Nilfheim)?

I appreciate any insight.
I remember that Braxas came with similar instructions.

Old June 19th, 2014, 08:00 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Thanks for the info I sure do appreciate it.
Old June 20th, 2014, 12:01 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Scenarios/map constructions can be (not very realistically, I'll admit) created that permit a huge figure like Braxas or Grimnak to "fall" through a 1-hex-sized hole within the constraints of the rules.

Similarly, a figure can be adjacent through (and can actually move through) a 1-hex-high hole between a overhang and a step next to it.

In both cases, the figure itself cannot physically pass through the space, but the rule is that the figure must be able to fit on each step along the path - so as long as it fits on one side of the hole and on the other side of the hole, it doesn't actually need to pass through the hole. Similarly, though there might not be actual physical space "above" the figure in the doorway, the flyer can fly "over" that figure within the constraints of the ruleset.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; June 20th, 2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old June 20th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
What does the card say?

Remember the maxim, "It's a game, not a simulation."
"... fly over ..."

Am I just reading into this too much?
Doesn't that answer your question?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; June 26th, 2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old June 26th, 2014, 01:24 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Question on releases. I know the Terrain expansions and Large figure expansions were released together and in a case of 3 (usually 2 of one and 1 of another) sold to warehouses & stores. Does anyone remember the ratio of terrain to large figure expansion in both the original and rerelease (as well as dates of rereleases)? I am pretty sure they originally came 2 figure to 1 terrain pack per case until Aquialla's Alliance/Ticalla Jungle (which is why AA figures are so rare/expensive), but not sure on rereleases. Here is my best guess, but please correct me (especially if you still have the original case around).

Original releases:
Wave 2.5 (09/2005) - 2 Orm's Return, 1 Road to the Forgotten Forest
Toys 'R Us Exclusive (09/2005) - 3 Volcarren Wasteland and Guards
Wave 4.5 (06/2006) - 2 Raknar's Vision, 1 Thaelenk Tundra
Wave 5.5 (08/2006) - 3 Fortress of the Archkyrie
Crest of the Valkire (10/2006) - 3 Utgar, 2 Jandar, 1 Ullar, 1 Einar, 1 Vydar
Wave 8.5 (06/2008) - 1 Aquilla’s Alliance, 2 Ticalla Jungle

Rereleases (really fuzzy on):
Wave 2.5 (x/200x) - 1 Orm's Return, 2 Road to the Forgotten Forest
Wave 5.5 (x/200x) - 3 Fortress of the Archkyrie
Post response here or the Heroscape collection guide thread.
Old June 26th, 2014, 01:26 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Have you tried contacting Sandra?
Old June 26th, 2014, 07:41 PM

existence123 is surprisingly tart

Hello Heroscapers!

First post after a couple years of creepily lurking.

I'm not sure if this question should be in the Arrow Gruts section. If so, apologies.

I recently acquired three squads of Arrow Gruts. Insert happy face. Problem is, I have no Swog Riders. Insert sad face.

Perusing the Book of Arrow Gruts, I saw that a user had posted his own home-cooked variant called Fire Arrow Gruts, with the following stats:

M:5 A:2 D:2 R:6, three figs, beast bonding, disengage, 70pt common squad.

This sounds neat to me, but I was wondering if anyone had tried this out, and how you felt about the 70 point cost. It *feels* a little on the high side, since as someone pointed out to me, 4th Mass are 70 and have a fourth figure.

On the other hand, Beast Bonding is a pretty nice ability.

Just thought I'd ask for some input. Thanks!
Old June 26th, 2014, 07:50 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Welcome!

It sounds similar to Aubrien Archers who are M5, R7, A2, D2, 3 figures, 70 points + a 25% chance to take another turn. I'd say the cost sounds about right.

You ought to try them out!

Also - if in need of a Swog, I'm pretty sure I've got one for sale. Check the link to my trade list in my signature.
Old June 26th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Why not?

Looks like fun. Somewhere on the customs subforum You can find a tool for making a card for that. Have fun, and next time, don't hesitate to ask here first!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 26th, 2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Welcome!

It sounds similar to Aubrien Archers who are M5, R7, A2, D2, 3 figures, 70 points + a 25% chance to take another turn. I'd say the cost sounds about right.

You ought to try them out!

Also - if in need of a Swog, I'm pretty sure I've got one for sale. Check the link to my trade list in my signature.
Thanks for pointing me toward the Aubriens - I was hoping to find something like that (a similar squad with a similar cost.)

I might consider picking up some Swogs at some point, depending on how much I enjoy/don't enjoy using the Gruts. Thanks!
Old June 26th, 2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Why not?

Looks like fun. Somewhere on the customs subforum You can find a tool for making a card for that. Have fun, and next time, don't hesitate to ask here first!

Thanks, I already printed a blank Utgar card, wrote in the stats by hand, and laminated it. It looks more or less okay, haha. I'm going to try them with a cost of 70 first.

Nice to see there is such an active community for this excellent game. Thanks again!
Old June 26th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I promise you they might be very good, but there's no way they'll be overpowered. They'll still require placement and set up and stuff, and they'll still be chewed up(but will have a chance) against top tier range. Also, buying 3 Neraks and one Swog is what I did, and it works out for me. Welcome to the site!

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's