Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 2nd, 2011, 07:21 AM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Wendigo

The Book of Wendigo

C3G MARVEL WAVE 9
HOMELAND SECURITY

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Armor Wars set.
Its model number and name are #046-048 / Wendigo.
Its model number and name are #204 / Georges Baptiste.
Character Bio - The "Curse of the Wendigo" is regional to the woods of Northern Canada and takes place, under the right conditions, when a person in the forests of Canada feeds on human flesh. This curse was created by the Northern Gods (also known as "the Inua") in an effort to deter human cannibalism. The cannibal transforms into a superhumanly strong, nearly indestructible, fur-covered monster: the Wendigo. He or she then roams the woods eating human beings. Paul Cartier was one of the men who transformed into the Wendigo and afterwards fought with The Hulk and Wolverine.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
3 January 2021 - Super Leap wording update

Last edited by Splash; August 6th, 2022 at 12:45 AM. Reason: png
Old July 2nd, 2011, 07:25 AM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Wendigo - Design

NAME = WENDIGO
SECRET IDENTITY = PAUL CARTIER

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CREATURE
PERSONALITY = CURSED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 350

CANNIBAL CRAVING
If Wendigo destroys a figure other than an Android or a destructible object with his normal attack, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from this card. If the destroyed figure was a Unique Hero or Event Hero, you may take one additional turn with Wendigo.

SUPER LEAP 50
Instead of his normal move, Wendigo may move up to 10 spaces with Super Leap. When moving with Super Leap, Wendigo has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 50 levels in a single leap. Wendigo rolls 3 fewer attack dice on any turn that he chooses to Super Leap.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by tcglkn; December 28th, 2020 at 11:19 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 12:31 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

I don't know about Uncommon Hero. From what I've read, there's only ever been one person suffering from the curse at a time. The next one doesn't come into being until the current one is cured. I'd say pick one secret identity and be done with it.

With 8 attack, he will absolutely tear through squads and low-life Unique (and Uncommon) Heroes, lasting even longer if he heals every turn doing it. Still rolling 6 attack dice after Super Leaping to height is nothing to sneeze at.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old July 2nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Straight forward awesomeness!

Is his attack really on par with Superman, Thor, and Abomination? It seems that 7 should be his max, and maybe even 6.

I am not a HUGE MARVEL nerd, but even I know that Wendigo is a unique hero. I mean the curse can be passed to the next person, but I have NEVER seen more than one Wendigo at a time. If you want to have more, perhaps we can simply create alternate versions of this UNIQUE HERO card with each one sporting a different Identity.
Quote:
Several people have been afflicted with the curse of the Wendigo, including Paul Cartier, Georges Baptiste, Francois Lartigue, Lorenzo, Mauvais and others.
Then we wouldn't even really need to test EACH one separately since they are the same, just run one or two tests with an army of JUST them. But yeah, making them Uncommon is a bit of a theme fail for me. If we have several Unique Heroes though, you could decide to run multiples if you REALLY wanted to.

Is it your intention to have Wendigo to keep on using this power over and over, or just "one additional time"? If it is just one more, then you should add the term "one additional time".

CANNIBAL FRENZY
After this Wendigo destroys a figure remove 1 wound from this card. If the destroyed figure was a Unique Hero you may take one additional turn with Wendigo.

Also, concerning my first comment, How would you feel about this?

ATTACK = 7

CANNIBAL FRENZY
After this Wendigo destroys a figure remove 1 wound from this card. If the destroyed figure was a Unique Hero you may take one additional turn with Wendigo and add 1 to his attack number for this turn.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 12:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Huh ... didn't realize there were lots of this guy! I thought he was a Unique Hero. Shows what I know. I like this take on Frenzy, though. Cool stuff!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 2nd, 2011, 12:58 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yipes - major ! To Sir G, I'd say he's not going to be that tough to squads, because he can still only kill one per turn. And uniques aren't going to be that easy for him to kill.
I could see his attack going down to 7, but this is a guy who goes toe-to-toe with Hulk regularly.
Now that I've read Sir G and Griff's posts, I'm in favor of just picking an identity and doing a single Unique Hero of him. Sounds like there should only be one around at a time anyway, thematically ...

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 2nd, 2011, 03:31 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Old July 2nd, 2011, 10:37 PM

Awesome pictures. All 3 of those look great

As far as the uncommon hero bit, it isn't a big deal for me because it doesn't do anything for the design mechanically, but in later comics (pictured below) and the Wolverine and X-Men cartoon they had organizations like SHIELD developing multiple Wendigos as super soldiers. I figured since the guys that have turned into Wendigo are each pretty forgettable characters, an uncommon hero wouldn't be so bad and it could actually be fun to go up against like 3 of them in an army match.

I had intended for Wendigo to be able to go up against Hulk and at least stand a chance. I figured this would put him somewhere in the 340-380 range. If we dropped his attack to 7 it would probably mean upping his stats in other areas (maybe life?) but I feel like the design in theory is pretty balanced right now.

For the frenzy power I was intending for him to be able to chain multiple Unique Hero kills and subsequent additional turns as this could be tough to pull off, but would be a lot of fun to try and set up. Strategically you'd go in first with a multi-attacker and soften up some of the heroes and try to bring in Wendigo to finish off the weak. Also weak supporting heroes like Alfred, Riddler, Destiny, etc would have a huge target on their forehead for a hungry hungry Wendigo.

Again I haven't tested out the design yet, but would be okay with dropping the attack or limiting the additional turn to 1 per OM if it meant getting a balanced and fun design within the 340-380 range.

Last edited by Good Pig; July 2nd, 2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 10:41 PM

fwiw, I'm OK with either uncommon or unique hero and I'm OK with 7 or 8 attack.

Old July 3rd, 2011, 06:18 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

My - Attack 7, don't forget Wolverine also goes toe to toe with him. I agree with Griff, use the secret identity's to make Unique's seem like Uncommons.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old July 3rd, 2011, 08:04 AM

He is only getting one attack vs Wolverine's 3 (once wounded) and needs to keep feeding to take off wounds so I still think Wolvie could stand a chance. So I'll keep a point total of about 340 as a good target to shoot for as about halfway between Hulk and Wolverine.

For the uncommon vs unique, let's poll that so we can get the group's consensus.

A. Unique
B. Uncommon

Last edited by Good Pig; July 3rd, 2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 08:44 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I know of the character but I don't know him well enough to care which. Abstain.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library