Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old March 8th, 2009, 03:27 AM

smileydude560 Woo who?
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Heroscape, and Dominion. I have played Battlestar Galactica once at a sleepover with some friends (after a game of 'Scape of course), and am now desperately trying to convince my family to play sometime. I played Agricola for the first time tonight, and lost. But I got a positive score, which is a plus!
Old March 8th, 2009, 08:18 AM

royaldoy has disabled reputation

This weekend was Settler's of the Stone Age, Cleopatra & the Society of Architechts, & Carcassonne with all expansions. That single game of Carc will be enough Carc for me for the rest of the year.

I choose you...Isamu!
Old March 8th, 2009, 10:02 AM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaldoy View Post
That single game of Carc will be enough Carc for me for the rest of the year.
LoL, for me, Carcassone is one of the most overrated games ever. I'm unable to get the point of playing it, really...
Old March 9th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by royaldoy View Post
That single game of Carc will be enough Carc for me for the rest of the year.
LoL, for me, Carcassone is one of the most overrated games ever. I'm unable to get the point of playing it, really...
Carc is a game easily ruined by too many expansions. One or two are enough, but throwing too many in at once just lengthens the game without adding more enjoyment.

Munchkin and Arkham Horror are other examples of games with this expansion problem.
Old March 9th, 2009, 12:38 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Just played a game of Star Wars Epic Duels, and started a game of Tenjo with my little brother.

In Epic Duels, I picked Yoda and Mace Windu, while he picked Maul and Jango. I stocked up on Windu cards, with only a few Yoda cards. I picked the Force Push Yoda card, ran up to Maul, chucked him in front of a well-stocked Windu, and diced him in two turns. The rest of the game was about the same.

Tenjo is awesome. But with two players, you really don't even get into the meat of it. Right now we're kinda playing it like Risk, with moving your samurai around killing each other, but I can tell it needs more people to get into the diplomacy. You can make and sever alliances, team up, betray one another on a whim. It could be a very deep and interesting game. Unfortunately it takes quite a while to explain the instructions, though. Once you get them, you can play fine, but just explaining all of the rules took half an hour... I recommend it, but especially if you have lots of time and three or four strategy game players.
Old March 9th, 2009, 12:56 AM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker

Just started playing HeroScape again after a 14 month hiatus. Our weekly game is now alive and well. Other than that:

We have a weekly board game night. In the last month I have played:
Battle Line
Robo Rally
Micro Mutant Evolutions
Mexican Train Dominoes
Ingenious
Ta Yu
Zendo
Cartagena
Sorry Sliders
Formula De
Kremlin
Carcassonne
Hey That's My Fish
Citadels
Shogun
Pandemic
Wings Of War Miniatures
Maharaja: Palace Building in India
Galaxy Trucker
Zooloretto
King's Breakfast
Bamboleo
Tomb
Bausack: Sac Noir
Acquire
Cash & Guns
Himalaya
Battlestar Galactica
Agricola
Turfmaster
Pitchcar
Thurn & Taxis
Elkfest

It has been a good month. This is HOW you survive a cold winter in Canada.

I would add that my wife and I really enjoy Carcassonne with most of the expansions. It is great as a two player game. We open a bottle of wine, play a full game and spend a very enjoyable evening. Too many expansions is not a good idea with many players or inexperienced players. We quite enjoy the larger game. We also play with scrabble racks and three tiles in our hand to speed up play and limit the draw luck a bit.

Happy gaming everyone...
...Bixby
Old March 9th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Formula D with the family on the Monaco track:

---------------------VROOM-------- Mom
----------------------------------------ZOOM--------- Son
---put-put------ Dad
Old March 9th, 2009, 01:12 AM

Nice HEH. lol
Old March 9th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
Nice HEH. lol
Pshaw, I had a tough act (post #150) to follow.

Bixby, with large groups of players racing in D, is it tough to determine a complete round of rolls before the leader begins the next round?
With three, we got confused. I'll check the rule book again, but any insight you have into large-group racing is appreciated.
Old March 9th, 2009, 01:36 AM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker

I just picked up Harry Potter Clue the other day and finally got around to playing it today. For a clue game it's quite fun.

Long live Heroscape.
Old March 9th, 2009, 02:20 AM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Formula D with the family on the Monaco track:

---------------------VROOM-------- Mom
----------------------------------------ZOOM--------- Son
---put-put------ Dad
Hahahah, I'm looking forward to buying this one.

My Recent Plays:
Old March 9th, 2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Bixby, with large groups of players racing in D, is it tough to determine a complete round of rolls before the leader begins the next round?
With three, we got confused. I'll check the rule book again, but any insight you have into large-group racing is appreciated.
Our first race, (or two), was a bit confusing then everyone fell into the groove. I wrote on some old white poker chips, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. to use when we started each round. We only used them once. What we found more confusing is tracking stops in corners, so we gave each player three poker chips. Players place a chip on the card for each stop. That has helped clear up the confusion there.

Hope that helps...
...Matt

PS. We are up to eight racers on our Season Two sign up sheet and I suspect we will hit 10.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games