Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old March 31st, 2011, 03:34 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Database of available figures - a work in progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Here is a slew of options to add to the list. Perhaps the first post can just be updated with a list of all companies that make miniatures similar to these?
Spoiler Alert!
Which of those are pre-painted? I flipped through the first few and most were unpainted and some I couldn't figure out.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 31st, 2011, 10:39 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

I have question about Mage Knight figures. What do people feel about the quality of them and scale compared to Heroscape? They seem very abundant and cheap. Some sculpts look pretty bad but some seem like they could really fit Heroscape. I would like to hear peoples opinions before using them for customs.
Old March 31st, 2011, 10:50 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
I have question about Mage Knight figures. What do people feel about the quality of them and scale compared to Heroscape? They seem very abundant and cheap. Some sculpts look pretty bad but some seem like they could really fit Heroscape. I would like to hear peoples opinions before using them for customs.
The scale is pretty close. Many of the sculpts are good. The worst thing about the MK minis is the paint job. In general, there is very little attention given to detail. I recently ordered some Dwarven Berserkers to use as proxies for the Axegrinders. They used 3 colors - grey, brown, and red. You can't tell where the beard ends and the face begins; the axehead is the same color as the boots and gloves. It's as if they put the base coat of colors down, but the detail guy was on vacation. They also don't use any kind of wash to bring out the details of the sculpt. Bottom line, they will work for Scape, but you may feel the need to add some paint.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 31st, 2011, 11:08 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

The more recent the Mage Knight stuff, the better. The old stuff looks awful as described above, but the (relatively) newer stuff can be pretty good. As for the sculpts, unfortunately humanoids occasionally range for too small to too big, but most of them are similar to Heroscape figures.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 29th, 2011, 05:48 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

dok, could you add BeholderTheBargains to the list of retailers selling D&D Minis? He sells only DDM, nothing else. His prices are really really low — almost as low as Auggie's — but has better selection, which is really impressive. Particularly when you factor in shipping: like Auggie's, BeholderTheBargains charges a flat $2.95 for shipping, regardless of the size of the order. I've bought hundreds of dollars of stuff from him recently, and have been delighted.
Old April 29th, 2011, 05:53 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
dok, could you add BeholderTheBargains to the list of retailers selling D&D Minis? He sells only DDM, nothing else. His prices are really really low — almost as low as Auggie's — but has better selection, which is really impressive. Particularly when you factor in shipping: like Auggie's, BeholderTheBargains charges a flat $2.95 for shipping, regardless of the size of the order. I've bought hundreds of dollars of stuff from him recently, and have been delighted.
Although they aren't a site sponsor, it is a nice supplier and I've used them when I couldn't find the figures at one of the sponsors. Added.
Old May 25th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Riggler just posted this in the Heroscape News section. Could be a good resource.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old June 3rd, 2011, 09:05 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Spam reported

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs