Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 21st, 2017, 08:38 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Spellbook of Waking Nightmare - Vote Final Editing

Hmm, you guys make some good points. I'd still feel more comfortable with 20 points (I think we need to remain conservative for the spells), but I'll give this my Yea either way.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old June 21st, 2017, 05:49 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Yea
Old June 23rd, 2017, 05:39 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

This Passes on Time!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 23rd, 2017, 11:09 AM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Spellbook of Nightmare

Hmm, not a fan of the "order determined" wording. Is it really needed? The rules already cover that the controlling player determines order when it comes to explosion-type effects, seems like we could rule the same here. If not, I guess I'd like to see it restructured to something more like:

Quote:
Before taking a turn with this figure, you may cast this spell to choose any or all figures without the Fearless personality engaged with this figure, one at a time. The player controlling each chosen figure must move that figure up to 4 spaces. Moved figures must end their movement unengaged, and will take any leaving engagement attacks that may apply. After casting this spell, this figure may not attack on its turn.

Old June 23rd, 2017, 11:12 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Spellbook of Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Hmm, not a fan of the "order determined" wording. Is it really needed? The rules already cover that the controlling player determines order when it comes to explosion-type effects, seems like we could rule the same here. If not, I guess I'd like to see it restructured to something more like:

Quote:
Before taking a turn with this figure, you may cast this spell to choose any or all figures without the Fearless personality engaged with this figure, one at a time. The player controlling each chosen figure must move that figure up to 4 spaces. Moved figures must end their movement unengaged, and will take any leaving engagement attacks that may apply. After casting this spell, this figure may not attack on its turn.
I'm not sure I like that you can choose not to affect some figures. I'm not sure what your issue is with the order determined wording, honestly - seems quite clear to me.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 23rd, 2017, 11:19 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Spellbook of Waking Nightmare - Final Editing

The wording works but it did 'read weird' to me as well.
Not sure how to fix it though.
Old June 23rd, 2017, 11:30 AM
Hard as ice

Is it possible it's only reading weird as it's not been on a card before? This wouldn't be the first time new powers have required new wording conventions.

~ Lazy Orang, who's not even sure it hasn't been on a card before.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 23rd, 2017, 06:47 PM

The current wording is clear, but it is new wording that, at least to me, doesn't sound very C3G-ish. My attempt was to fit the wording closer to existing standards.

I'm still not convinced we need to cover it in the wording at all; we've always, to my knowledge, ruled that these type of effects are determined by the player who controls the power. Seems unnecessary to add text here where we haven't before.

@Ronin , do you have any thoughts here?

Old June 23rd, 2017, 09:10 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

A "must choose figures one at a time" kind of construction is definitely more like how we've worded these kinds of things previously, but honestly, it seems a little cleaner to do something like LO is trying to do.

Taking a stab at it....

Quote:
Before taking a turn, this figure may cast this spell. All figures that are engaged with this figure and do not have the Fearless personality are affected by this spell. All opponents must move each affected figure they control up to 4 spaces. Affected figures must end their movement unengaged, if possible, and you may choose the order in which affected figures are moved. After casting this spell, this figure may not attack during its turn.
The "Move em out of engagement" clause and the "choose the order" clause don't strictly need to be in the same sentence, but separating them out made the power read very staccato at the end.

I know we don't clarify the order thing for every shotgun blast and canary cry, but it seems important for something so movement-focused, and it's not too much to sneak in there.
Old June 24th, 2017, 10:00 AM

Fair enough, let's go with that wording.

Old July 6th, 2017, 07:28 AM
Hard as ice

Calling in @A3n here, and on Hypnotise and Mesmerise - unfortunately, I'm not sure what to use for art, don't even know where/how to look with these. Also, there's the question of what publisher Waking Nightmare should be from (H and M are Marvel to tie in with Mordo) - it's really just a formality here, so I don't have a horse in this race. Thoughts?

~Lazy Orang, who will try to get the bios done over the next few days.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 6th, 2017, 07:48 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I looked for art and cold not find anything.

I am sure A3n can work his magic.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library