Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 23rd, 2008, 01:24 AM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Thanks for looking.
Kirlsa doesn't use any concrete by the way. Did I say it did by mistake? Oh and, I'll be building kirlsa again soon so I can take pictures for my map thread. So you'll ba able to see it sometime too.

I hope you find a good map for you! Me, Nadi, or anyone elses.

And try to take pictures!

Edit: I forgot to say how I made Sand Castles too. Though I still need a download for it.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old February 24th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadi
If you feel that you can make any of our maps better with a little work done to them, I openly encourage you to do so!!!
Actually, my original brilliant idea was to totally merge StarOcean's Seaside Lock with your Lorian Outpost. I even took a partial crack at it in VirtualScape, but a) I am very slow at actually building stuff in VirtualScape, so I didn't really have time to finish, and b) I realized after I got the first level done that I had made it bigger than my table anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAROCEAN980
Kirlsa doesn't use any concrete by the way. Did I say it did by mistake?
Nope. I was just saying that Kirlsa has everything but concrete (and swamp).

Quote:
I hope you find a good map for you! Me, Nadi, or anyone elses.

And try to take pictures! :Very Happy:
Well, I settled on Lorian Outpost, although somehow it managed to grow a swamp annex. Pics below.

This one's a bit blurry because of the long angle, but it's the only one that really shows the complete layout. The scenario is SSX (my kid) and his friend controlling the attacking armies, while I maintain a defense team in the center. The points are roughly equivalent. They get 2 turns to my 1, but I'm defending (all I have to do is hold out for 10 rounds), and I'm supposedly older and therefore smarter. Well, I'm defintely older. Smarter ... mayhap not.

We only got the first 3 rounds in today, so bear that in mind. The armies were:

SSX (745 pts):
Q10
Dr. Doom
MW
Nagrubs x2
Zombies x4

SSX's friend (1110pts):
Hive
TKN
SBN
Silver Surfer
Deathstalkers x1
Drones x3

Xotli (1995pts):
Spidey
Iron Man
Hulk
Charos
Braxas
Nilf
Q9
Taelord
Snipers x1
Sonlen

Yes, this is an insane scenario. No, we don't care.

Swampy goodness added to Nadi's map.

Yes, Taelord is worth every single point up there!

Note that SS is infiltrating. Beware the Cosmic Blast ...

Reverse angle. That's SSX's friend leaning over the table. Note that SBN has already gone down for the count: sniped off with those Taelord-boosted Omnicrons. Hulk has superleaped out and is engaging a robodog.

Back side. JIC you were wondering where Nilf was hiding out.

Cra-Ne-Um takes out the dragon queen and does a little dance on her corpse. (Actually the clones are the ones that actually did the death blow, but TKN was closer, so he had dibs.)

And that was pretty much it for today. After 3 rounds, the casualties stand at:

SSX: Dr. Doom took 1 hit. That's it. This kid is some kinda lucky, eh?

SSX's friend: SS down by 3 (man, that guy is hard to kill!!), TKN down by 5 (only 1 more hit!). The bone dragon is toast. 2 dead drones, 1 dead robodog.

Xotli: Spidey down by 2, Q9 down by 2 (lucky shot by one of the clones after they knocked off Braxas), Nilf down by 4, Charos down by 5. Braxas RIP.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to pick up where we left off next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old February 24th, 2008, 08:22 AM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker
Why is there a magical glowing rock in the swamp?
Old February 24th, 2008, 09:08 AM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
I dig the swamp!

I'm glad that I was able to help there with your 'game day.'

I'm gonna put your pics on the SHS site (if that's ok with you) in the photo gallery. I always look for opportunities to show any of SHS maps that are actually built and played on.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old February 24th, 2008, 01:21 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Looks like a good game Xolti! Glad you found a map!

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old February 24th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist
Why is there a magical glowing rock in the swamp?
You know, I knew somebody was going to ask me that. I wanted to put a single tile there, but I was out (I have another SOTM, but I haven't opened it yet, and it seemed silly to break it out for one single). So I used a triple instead. And then I came across that blue thing in my "miscellaneous" drawer, and I realized that it covered exactly 2 hexes, and it's vaguely cool too. It's just something that came in a dollar store toy pack ... it's basically just a rock with some skeletons resting on it. Of course, the skeletons aren't painted, so it's not nearly as cool as it could be, but it's not too shabby.

Quote:
I'm gonna put your pics on the SHS site (if that's ok with you) in the photo gallery. I always look for opportunities to show any of SHS maps that are actually built and played on.
Absolutely, be my guest.

Quote:
Looks like a good game Xolti! Glad you found a map!
Yeah, it was pretty cool. I wish I'd had the time and tablespace to finish that conglomeration of Seaside Lock and Lorian Outpost, though. I think it would have been perfect (well, except for the whole not fitting on the table thing ). The disadvantage of using Lorian Outpost alone was that I had to jam a lot of points into a small starting zone, which is why I have so many dragons and expensive heroes with not much synergy going on (though I did sneak in the snipers-Taelord combo, which is so badass it's just sick). But it keeps the game interesting. So I'm down with it.

Oh, and BTW, it's "Xotli", not "Xolti". I actually get that a lot. Or if it's truth talking (e.g. in the podcasts), I become "Xtoli." Something about my name just inspires dyslexia, I guess.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old February 24th, 2008, 07:29 PM

Cool.

And it was an accident.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old February 24th, 2008, 08:22 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
lol... thanks for pointing that out... i need to check to make sure that i spelled it right on the SHS site. i put the pics up today in the photo gallery.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old February 29th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
And it was an accident.
Nah, I know. I was just joshin' ya.

Quote:
lol... thanks for pointing that out... i need to check to make sure that i spelled it right on the SHS site.
Well, actually ... you didn't. You've got "Xotil" there, which is actually a whole new variation. P'raps I shall change my title to "He of the many spelling variants."

Quote:
i put the pics up today in the photo gallery.
Nice! I'll have to tell SSX's friend that he's now world-famous ... he's on two websites! (And I'll have to tell him to join up here so I can start referring to him by something other than "SSX's friend" ...)

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old February 29th, 2008, 10:06 AM

Doh... I took special care to get your name RIGHT...and I STILL got it wrong!!!!!

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old February 29th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Doh... I took special care to get your name RIGHT...and I STILL got it wrong!!!!!

/me pats Nadi on the back
There, there. At least you misspelled it very consistently!

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old February 29th, 2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli
Quote:

/me pats Nadi on the back
There, there. At least you misspelled it very consistently!

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios