Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 20th, 2018, 08:47 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - ON HOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Okay, I've decided to drop the Daring Decoy aspect - it's a hard cut, but the rest of the power hopefully conveys his aspect as their protective father, enough, so.... here we go, how's this, moving forward?

MASTER SPLINTER

RODENT
UNIQUE HERO
SENSEI
WISE
MEDIUM 4

4 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENCE 6

230 Points?

THE WAY OF NINJITSU

After any attack dice, defense dice, or the 20-sided die is rolled for Master Splinter or a Ninja Turtle you control, you may add or subtract a skull, shield, or 4 from that roll. Splinter cannot modify another roll for that figure this round.

FATHER'S DEVOTION

Once per round, when either an Order Marker is removed from the card of a Ninja Turtle you control or when a Ninja Turtle you control is destroyed, you may place any unrevealed Order Markers from that card on this card. When a Ninja Turtle you control is destroyed, for the rest of the round, when Splinter attacks, he may attack one additional time.

BREAKING BALANCE

When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, or when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if they roll more skulls than shields and Master Splinter is not destroyed, that figure receives a wound. Tiny and Huge figures are not affected by Breaking Balance.

(I cut the clear sight aspect of power one because 1) I forgot it was there, 2) it's one less thing to remember and 3) it's consistent with Leo's Turtle Power! not needing clear sight and makes these guys more viable on sewer-esque maps.)
Seeing this laid out in full, it does look a ton better than what we had. I'm OK with cutting the clear sight aspect as well...He doesn't have to be there for them to remember something he said at a time they need to hear it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 20th, 2018, 09:55 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Since figures don't roll dice:

BREAKING BALANCE
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, or when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if they roll the opponent rolls more skulls than shields and Master Splinter is not destroyed, that figure receives a wound. Tiny and huge figures are not affected by Breaking Balance.

Looks good.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old March 21st, 2018, 05:38 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
The interaction with Breaking Balance with the First power is another level of complexity that I think needs to be pointed out.

Breaking Balance is still the big ticket item here that I think might be underestimated if just scanning through your test. In your first game he put two wounds on Shredder and KO'd 3 ninja's ... essentially for free.

In the second test there were 3 on Kirigi and 4 ninja's KO'd.

It's a great power and should be the centerpiece for Splinter in action. Which leads me back to this...
All total you mentioned only 3 times you used the double attack combined.

I still think if you are looking for something to cut, the double attack part seems like an easy choice.
I wouldn't do that because, though it was used a limited number of times, that limited number of times felt significant, if you know what I mean? It doesn't need to be always active for it to have a significant impact on how he plays, and it encourages you to no just rush forwards with him, which isn't the playstyle I want for Splinter. Plus, several of the wounds inflicted by Breaking Balance were inflicted thanks to the second attack - you can't ignore that.
I also don't know what interaction you're talking about between Breaking Balance and the first power - the first power can boost your rolls, BB punishes the enemy if they roll more skulls than shields in combat with Splinter. Not seeing the interaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Okay, I've decided to drop the Daring Decoy aspect - it's a hard cut, but the rest of the power hopefully conveys his aspect as their protective father, enough, so.... here we go, how's this, moving forward?

MASTER SPLINTER

RODENT
UNIQUE HERO
SENSEI
WISE
MEDIUM 4

4 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENCE 6

230 Points?

THE WAY OF NINJITSU

After any attack dice, defense dice, or the 20-sided die is rolled for Master Splinter or a Ninja Turtle you control, you may add or subtract a skull, shield, or 4 from that roll. Splinter cannot modify another roll for that figure this round.

FATHER'S DEVOTION

Once per round, when either an Order Marker is removed from the card of a Ninja Turtle you control or when a Ninja Turtle you control is destroyed, you may place any unrevealed Order Markers from that card on this card. When a Ninja Turtle you control is destroyed, for the rest of the round, when Splinter attacks, he may attack one additional time.

BREAKING BALANCE

When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, or when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if they roll more skulls than shields and Master Splinter is not destroyed, that figure receives a wound. Tiny and Huge figures are not affected by Breaking Balance.

(I cut the clear sight aspect of power one because 1) I forgot it was there, 2) it's one less thing to remember and 3) it's consistent with Leo's Turtle Power! not needing clear sight and makes these guys more viable on sewer-esque maps.)
Seeing this laid out in full, it does look a ton better than what we had. I'm OK with cutting the clear sight aspect as well...He doesn't have to be there for them to remember something he said at a time they need to hear it.
Thanks, chap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Since figures don't roll dice:

BREAKING BALANCE
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, or when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if they roll the opponent rolls more skulls than shields and Master Splinter is not destroyed, that figure receives a wound. Tiny and huge figures are not affected by Breaking Balance.

Looks good.
Normally I wouldn't worry too much about that, since it's a rule that isn't consistent and people will still know what you're talking about... but here it does genuinely make it clearer what 'they' you're referring to, so that's good.
One thing I've just noticed though - how would you guys feel about making the infliction of a wound with BB a may instead of an automatic? As I said, Splinter's a very deliberate, restrained character, and if there is some reason for him not to want to hurt his opponent (say, one of his sons has been temporarily mind controlled and he doesn't wish to hurt them, or he doesn't want to make Hulk angrier or give Sebastian Shaw more energy to absorb), I'd quite like it if he had the choice not to. Definitely not a hill I'm going to die on, though, just a thought.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 21st, 2018, 10:30 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Updated the OP with figure info and the third post with Background and Comic options.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 21st, 2018, 12:29 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

"They" is still plural, O Descendant-of-English-teacher.

Fine with the wound being a may.

Old March 21st, 2018, 12:32 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
"They" is still plural, O Descendant-of-English-teacher.

Fine with the wound being a may.
'They' has been used as a gender nutral singular for donkey's years... I don't like it, but there's really not a better option. Except I admit 'it' would probably have been preferable here, as dehumanising miniatures isn't really an option, but sometimes I forget to swap from 'writing about people' mode to 'writing about figures' mode (the fact that I get wrapped up in the stories and personify them doesn't help! ).

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 21st, 2018, 01:25 PM
Business Casual

Stop giving human characteristics to plastic miniatures.

Spoiler Alert!

Old March 21st, 2018, 07:30 PM
Hard as ice

I'm going to re-run the Turtles vs. X-Men game tomorrow. Is everyone happy with the present direction?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 22nd, 2018, 03:42 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I think it's still a tad busy, but it's much better.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old March 22nd, 2018, 11:19 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I think it's still a tad busy, but it's much better.
At this stage, I genuinely feel as though anything else we cut will genuinely hurt the design, and he honestly feels in line with plenty of C3G cards to me.

Everyone happy to get behind this version? @Tornado , @Ronin , @japes , @Arkham , @Yodaking , @SirGalahad , @johnny139 , @dok , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @Dysole , @weebaer ?

MASTER SPLINTER

RODENT
UNIQUE HERO
SENSEI
WISE
MEDIUM 4

4 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENCE 6

230 Points?

THE WAY OF NINJITSU

FATHER'S DEVOTION

BREAKING BALANCE

When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, or when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if the opponent rolls more skulls than shields and Master Splinter is not destroyed, you my inflict a wound on that figure. Tiny and Huge figures are not affected by Breaking Balance.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 22nd, 2018, 11:40 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Slightly better than before. We'll see how it plays in testing.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 12:31 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I can work with it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library