Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old June 22nd, 2006, 01:29 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
Quote:
Originally Posted by funrun
Wow, I'm not God, but this is a cool idea.

* takes down his funrun shrine and discards his WWFRD bracelet *
ROFL

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 03:07 PM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
Quote:
The legal info you suggested has been added to the bottom of every page in this site.

This would have been an excellent thing to put in my DropBox for Site Improvement Ideas thread. Just by chance I happened to read this thread and see the idea.
You might want to add something about Hasbro, since we all infringe on their IP, just a little.

and calender and DL and all of those sorts o things, Invision Power Board does them all (with lots of cool web 2.0 stuff thrown in). Sure, it's not free like phpBB, but the functionality is amazing.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 03:14 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakey_snake
Quote:
The legal info you suggested has been added to the bottom of every page in this site.

This would have been an excellent thing to put in my DropBox for Site Improvement Ideas thread. Just by chance I happened to read this thread and see the idea.
You might want to add something about Hasbro, since we all infringe on their IP, just a little.

and calender and DL and all of those sorts o things, Invision Power Board does them all (with lots of cool web 2.0 stuff thrown in). Sure, it's not free like phpBB, but the functionality is amazing.
Actually the legal jargon is general enough that it doesn't say it belongs to it's poster etc. So there is room for interpretation inside of it.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 03:35 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Proposal for a new subsection

Hello all,

A) Even though it is fun discussing about units on this board (as will always be), some people find it tiring that the same questions pop up again and again. Many of them were already answered before or are in the FAQ section of either HeroScapers.com or on Hasbro's site.
B) Many interesting threads go for many pages and the final conclusion is often diluted amidst the discussion posts.
C) Most people, newbies and veterans, do not always go through all this information before asking and/or before answering to a question.

So…

Reading the section “Tips and trics” on Hasbro’s site I had this idea . What about creating a new subsection in the "Official HS discussion" section which would be called Official units reference section. The already existing section would become "Discussion about official units". Inside this new section would be locked threads (No discussion there!), one for each and every official army card on the market. They would be made in a standard format beginning by the army card itself (the image of it). The rest of the content has to be discussed here beforehand. Here is a list of what I would like to find there:

-The official army card
-the wave it is related to
-the bio?
-HOW IT WORKS, incliding it’s special abilities and/or special attacks (ex. Drake can be affected by ranged Special attacks and abilities)
-Strategy notes
-Good against
-Countered by
-Combos
-Official FAQ released about this army card? (ex. Negating another Morsbane)
-Comparative stats? (ex. 6 attack dice – above average)
-Other math stuff related to this army card? (ex. how does deadly strike compare to regular attack. The best way to use Q9 attack dices)

The HOW IT WORKS part is of capital importance here. Many people ask question on this site because the wording on the cards sometimes leads to interpretations and/or because of basic reading skills (remember, the game is for eight years old kids) and/or non-english speaking players like me!

The more diagrams the better (Mr.Underhill are you still around?). Many Scapers on this site are very talented at that.

Remember, I DO NOT have the time for this (see my sig. Also, english is not my first language so I would leave behind too many mistakes). Grab the idea and make it your own. Still, I do think it would be a very usefull section if people agree to put time and efforts in it. The work can easily be split between many board members and everyone here will help refining it by reading and proposing amendments. It would be a locked “work in progress” section; all discussion about it restricted to the other existing sections. No arguments, only official stuff.

So, sounds appealing? Comments? Volonteers?

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old June 22nd, 2006, 03:43 PM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
good point.
Old May 13th, 2008, 10:15 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation
Re: DropBox for Site Improvement Ideas

My personal idea for how to make the site better is simple. Its a great site with great people. But I HATE the rating people thing. I feel like crap all day, and now Im being bashed on a game site. Everywhere I go, I feel like crap now.

My Signature
Old May 13th, 2008, 11:10 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: DropBox for Site Improvement Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
My personal idea for how to make the site better is simple. Its a great site with great people. But I HATE the rating people thing. I feel like crap all day, and now Im being bashed on a game site. Everywhere I go, I feel like crap now.
Discuss this in the "Rep and you" thread.

My answer to you is to pretty much ignore it, and don't be an idiot. No negative rep!
Old June 22nd, 2006, 03:45 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I don't know if it would warrant a seperate forum, but I would love to have that kind of reference on hand.

I've often thought it would be cool to each week have one unit be the theme and talk about that unit for a solid seven days. At the end of the week you could codify it all together in one nice little PDF or whatever.

Old June 22nd, 2006, 03:55 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Oh!
I keep forgetting -
Can we PLEASE please please get a button added, right next to our Profile button on each post, that says Gallery and is a link to each users Gallery?

Or would that not work , since the Gallery is a seperate feature from the board software, with different user accounts, even?
Old June 22nd, 2006, 04:07 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
I don't know if it would warrant a seperate forum, but I would love to have that kind of reference on hand.
That's what I think also.

Quote:
I've often thought it would be cool to each week have one unit be the theme and talk about that unit for a solid seven days. At the end of the week you could codify it all together in one nice little PDF or whatever.
That could be a good way to acheive it. Good idea!
As for your pdf result, the proposed locked thread is the answer.

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old June 22nd, 2006, 04:36 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm all for it. Perhaps two or three units could be done each week to speed the process. I'd start with the first three cards from the Master Set and go from there.

Old June 22nd, 2006, 04:48 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I agree...but not a forum format.

It should be a webpage for each unit, with at least the following info....

-a picture of the card

-the official bio and other info

-tips and tricks and trivia, both official and otherwise

-the release info...what wave, when, which set in the wave, any info on exclusivity

-all of the figures that helped by this figure, or that help it....combo info and immunity info

-good counters to this unit, and units that it is a good counter against

-FAQ type info with diagrams

-Math info, like mentioned above....with statistical analysis

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online