Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 6th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cheer Up Heroscapers!~NEWS FLASH!

This could be great news. I hope Hasbro is willing to sell rather than kill the game entirely. Although if these negotiations were started weeks ago WotC made a stupid move by their cancellation announcement. That new VP of Marketing is doing a bang up job already.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:46 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Not to be a Negative Nellie, but keep in mind this could actually make the game worse. First off, let's hope a new distributor/maker would get the game (from a thematic standpoint), and second, that they would bring along our design team (this being far and away, imho, the worst thing a new company could not do).

Interesting news, to say the least, though I have some doubts. It would be interesting to hear the design team weigh in on this, though I doubt they can
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A new company would be wise to start with reprints and slowly work into new product after doing their research into the background of the game. Hence, start here on Scapers.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:55 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Not to be a Negative Nellie, but keep in mind this could actually make the game worse. First off, let's hope a new distributor/maker would get the game (from a thematic standpoint), and second, that they would bring along our design team (this being far and away, imho, the worst thing a new company could not do).

Interesting news, to say the least, though I have some doubts. It would be interesting to hear the design team weigh in on this, though I doubt they can
I would think that the established designers & testers would be an advantage...

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
A new company would be wise to start with reprints and slowly work into new product after doing their research into the background of the game. Hence, start here on Scapers.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

This is definitely interesting. Part of me is nervous about what would happen if someone else bought it. Here's hoping good will come of this.
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:02 PM

freudianslip27 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Be positive everyone

WoTC has the rights now and they messed it up. If someone else gets it we can only hope it will be better. I'd rather take the chance!

Matt
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:12 PM

beisaic knows what's in an order marker beisaic knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freudianslip27 View Post
Be positive everyone

WoTC has the rights now and they messed it up. If someone else gets it we can only hope it will be better. I'd rather take the chance!

Matt
At very least, they could do Wave 4, Tundra, and Lava reprints. Then I'm good for life.

Old November 6th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Maybe the announcement came as a way to drive up the price at sell time. If one company came asking prior to the announcement, and WOTC knew that they really didn't plan on going anywhere further with it, they announce the cancellation in hope of creating more competition for purchase.

At the same time, they hope that the customers will be flooding gaming forums with outrage and the desire for continued production. It may have worked as a way to show the potential buyers that it is a lucrative game that WOTC just doesn't have the internal resources to satisfy.

... A man could hope that this is all part of plan that will get us more reprinted waves and possible new Valhalla scape sometime down the road.
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Where do we find the link to listen to it on Monday?
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:18 PM

ljuneau is surprisingly tart

This is good news, indeed! I'm not worried about a new company coming in and making big changes to the game itself. Why invest the money and do something stupid that will raise the ire of all the fans of the game. I don't see this happening.

The changes I would love to see, if another company does purchase HS, is reproducing past waves, selling packages of terraign hexes (old stuff and new stuff), separate cases by commons and uniques (makes it much easier for retailers), develop new types of obstacles - we have walls, trees, castle, etc. (make new stuff like treasure chests, tombs, headstones, rocks, etc.), and make more limited edition characters.
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Where do we find the link to listen to it on Monday?
www.thegaminggang.com I assume here.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News