Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 11th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Jotun pronounciation

How do you pronounce his name? Is it "Joe-tun" with an English j, or Yo-tun, with a Germanic or Scandanavian one? or even Spanish "Ho-tun"?

I started as Joe-tun, but have lately switched to Yotun...don't know why, though.

(edit: corrected a to u, as per hextr1p)
Old July 11th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Joe-Tun for me.
And for the love of all that is good in the universe can we all call Charos - Car-Os instead of Char-Os.

Old July 11th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Well, seeing as how his name is spelled, "JotUn" , I pronounce it:

JO-tun

Or are we talking about a different giant who fights for Ullar?

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old July 11th, 2006, 05:52 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Thanks, hextr1p, for the correction. I seem to always be doing things like that.
Old July 11th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Thanks, hextr1p, for the correction. I seem to always be doing things like that.
Not a problem. I was about to ask if you had some sort of a variant card with a mis-spelling of his name! But seriously, misreading cards has happened to me on more than a few occasions, as I'm sure it has to many here. I hope I didn't come across too pompous in my previous post.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old July 11th, 2006, 06:31 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Another who calls him "JO-tuhn"

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old July 11th, 2006, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "hextr1p
I hope I didn't come across too pompous in my previous post.
Not at all. If you had, my response would have had jagged edges to it.
Old July 11th, 2006, 07:01 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
i say JO-tun as well, but occasionally it will be more along the lines of JO-tin (as in the number 10 rather than the other way to say 2000 pounds)
Old July 12th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I'm with YO-tun because, IIRC Jotun is a giant(s?) in Norse mythology.
Old July 12th, 2006, 04:41 AM
ultradoug

Joe Ton.
Old July 12th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Wiki entry for Jotun:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jotun

Norse giants, my vote is even more decidedly YO-tun.
Old July 12th, 2006, 07:33 AM

JoeTon, as ud suggests, reminds me of Mighty Joe Young, the gorilla. Being big, I guess the giant would be about a ton, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units