Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old August 20th, 2009, 02:53 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: District 9

I was thinking about seeing this one in the theater but since I have been getting such mixed reviews from different people I think I may wait to see it on DVD. A friend of mine told me tonight that he saw it and didn't like it. He thought it was too political in nature for his tastes.
Old August 20th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
I was looking forward to District 9 very much... when I first saw the viral ads on May 31st! Going into this, I love SciFi movies... but am feeling very let down upon my second time watching the movie in theaters.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good "movie" but not great and amazing as everyone is saying. Their are huge gaping plot holes. I loved the Narrative film style, and the fact that it really wasn't about aliens and instead about an emotional storyline of the main protagonist!

I can't help but to feel very let down, it took risks which I believe payed off but really wasn't one of the best Sci Fi movies out their.

I believe that all the crappy SciFi movies we have been spoon fed is the reason for everyone thinking it's great, and not the actual movie its self, which was above average at best!

Plot holes, such as?
Old August 20th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
I was looking forward to District 9 very much... when I first saw the viral ads on May 31st! Going into this, I love SciFi movies... but am feeling very let down upon my second time watching the movie in theaters.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good "movie" but not great and amazing as everyone is saying. Their are huge gaping plot holes. I loved the Narrative film style, and the fact that it really wasn't about aliens and instead about an emotional storyline of the main protagonist!

I can't help but to feel very let down, it took risks which I believe payed off but really wasn't one of the best Sci Fi movies out their.

I believe that all the crappy SciFi movies we have been spoon fed is the reason for everyone thinking it's great, and not the actual movie its self, which was above average at best!

Plot holes, such as?
Lets see... how about the biggest one, where did they come from?

Yoda King, I would suggest you see it in theaters. It's a good movie, just over hyped in my opinion!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old August 20th, 2009, 10:01 AM

MechaBeast is surprisingly tart

Thats not a plot hole. Its an ommission of inconsequence. Would it change anything about the movie if it was revealed that they were from Grubtashi Omi Secy 9000?

Oh, and this movie is not over-hyped. Transformers 2 was over hyped.

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Old August 20th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaBeast View Post
Thats not a plot hole. Its an ommission of inconsequence. Would it change anything about the movie if it was revealed that they were from Grubtashi Omi Secy 9000?

Oh, and this movie is not over-hyped. Transformers 2 was over hyped.
That is the only statement I agree with, that movie was horrible!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old August 20th, 2009, 10:28 AM

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be neat to know where they came from, just that it's not a plot hole.

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Old August 20th, 2009, 10:39 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation

From a purely sci-fi perspective, I actually thought "Moon" was a better movie. Not much of an action movie (it was more in the "2001: A Space Odyssey" mode), but it really focused on the philosophical/political issues involved with the issue of... well, I don't want to give away the surprise.
Old August 20th, 2009, 11:01 AM

Yeah I want to see Moon too. Especially before the movie "New Moon" comes out. I know that Hollywood loves to do remakes but GEEZ!

Last edited by MechaBeast; August 20th, 2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Im awesome
Old August 20th, 2009, 12:22 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaBeast View Post
Absolutely correct. And they do talk about their planet, you know, the one with the 7 moons? Plot hole fail, Shades.

So far, every single "plot hole" I've heard was easily explained if you thought about it for 2 seconds or paid attention to the movie.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 20th, 2009, 12:39 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

I thought the movie did a masterful job of focusing on the essential parts of the story, and not going anywhere it didn't need to. For example, the whole thing about the alien planet, and Christopher coming back for the main character. Not much attention was given to areas like these, but they told you enough so that you didn't need another hour of the movie to find out more about it. They ended the movie with Christopher leaving Earth, but you know that he'll come back.
This is a very good situation for a sequel, not only because we want to see what happens with the main character, but we could also see the alien's reaction to being put in District 9. Would they declare war? Would they come in peace? Lot's of possibilities.
I can think of few movies that deal with the story the way District 9 did. Very well done.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old August 20th, 2009, 08:38 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

I do not see this getting a seuquel, its not that kind of film. Its one of those "commentaries" "look in the mirror" kind of things. Now if their were a sequel (District 10 anyone?) I wold like to see Chris return with more of his kind, they return in peace. Well during the three years humans have gotten the weapons to work. As soon as they see the mother ship they attack to acquire more. Turn it into another human as antagonist movie. Make Wickis human again about 1/2 way through. He then "leads" as best as he is able the human peace force with the aliens. Make MNU the true bad guys, throw in more mechs, bam awesome movie.
Old August 21st, 2009, 06:29 AM

Disposable Hero is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

This movie = awesome.

Demerge Disney And Marvel!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies