Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 3rd, 2009, 06:45 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Lonewolf's Gencon Army Roster

After looking through the events and considering the events and maps, here are the units I am playing at Gencon this year in each event. Following each army is a brief description of why I choose them.

(By the way - I am not going to Gencon this year - if I was I certainly wouldn't tip my hand. Instead I have decided to incorporate a little trash talking in to my descriptions!)

Heat of the Battle (450 pts)
WOAx5
Kaemon Awa
Kumiko
Kaemon & Kumiko special attack you in to submission while my WOA play the part of human shield.

Smack Down (450 pts)
Gladiatrons x3
Blastatrons x2
Raelin
Many have tasted the losing end of my Tron army! Feel the wrath!

Capture the Flag (400 pts)
Q-9
KRAV
Deathreavers x3
Q-9 to get you off your flag and Deathreavers to put me on it!

Championship (500 pts)
Stingersx7
Raelin
Go ahead and dare me to Juice my Stingers!!!

Skull - Stingers (Sit a Stinger)
Shield - KRAV (Sit a Stinger)
Blank - Kaemon Awa

Lightweight (340 pts)
Stingers x4
Deathreavers x2
Marcu
Clog and Sting, easy as that. Stingers are so cheap that they are a great fit for this event.

Dragon Wars (450 pts)
Mimring
Q-9
Krug
Q-9 to pick you off before you get here and Krug to stomp you when you do!

General Wars (500 pts)
4th Mass x 6
Johnny Shotgun
(Sit 1 4th)
Suicide Johnny towards your start zone to take out anything he can...then watch while you try to take out 23 4th Mass while I WTF!

Unique Hero (500 pts)
Krug
Q-9
Ne-Gok-Sa
Sgt. Drake
Four tough guys with survivability!

BOMB (450 pts)
Theracus
Shades x4
Isamu
Played similar army in 07....first game ended in 5 minutes(rolled 20 on Charos), 2nd game I crashed and burned, but both were lots-o-fun, so I'm in for that again!

There you go...use these armies at Gencon and you are sure to win all your events, I know I would!

Last edited by lonewolf; August 4th, 2009 at 02:12 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 06:52 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Lonewolf's Gencon Army Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
After looking through the events and considering the events and maps, here are the units I am playing at Gencon this year in each event. Following each army is a brief description of why I choose them.

(By the way - I am not going to Gencon this year - if I was I certainly wouldn't tip my hand. Instead I have decided to incorporate a little trash talking in to my descriptions!)

Heat of the Battle (450 pts)
WOAx5
Kaemon Awa
Moriko
Kaemon & Moriko special attack you in to submission while my WOA play the part of human shield.
I think you mean Kumiko instead of Moriko. Otherwise you're over in points. I also think you mean Johhny Shotgun instead of Murphy for General Wars.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 3rd, 2009, 06:55 PM

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, that is what I said Kumiko!

(Moriko, shomiko, whatever!!!)
Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:02 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

You didn't post WoW or you're upgrades for day 2 of the main event.

~Matthias, who is taking notes...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:11 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Championship (500 pts)
Stingersx7
Raelin
Go ahead and dare me to Juice my Stingers!!!
You better hope for something other than a skull, otherwise your stuck with... Zetacron? 2 more stingers? Brave Arrow + Marcu? James Murphy?

Still, KMA (drop a stinger) and Kaemon + Marcu make for nice options at 100 and 140 points.

Quote:
General Wars (500 pts)
4th Mass x 6
James Murphy
(Sit 1 4th)
Suicide Murphy towards your start zone to take out anything he can...then watch while you try to take out 23 4th Mass while I WTF!
I'm debating how practical it is to ignore James Murphy and just rush the 4th.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
You didn't post WoW or you're upgrades for day 2 of the main event.

~Matthias, who is taking notes...
I'm skipping WoW this year!
Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
You better hope for something other than a skull, otherwise your stuck with... Zetacron? 2 more stingers? Brave Arrow + Marcu? James Murphy?
Heck Yeah 2 more Stingers!!!

Quote:
General Wars (500 pts)
4th Mass x 6
James Murphy
(Sit 1 4th)
Suicide Murphy towards your start zone to take out anything he can...then watch while you try to take out 23 4th Mass while I WTF!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I'm debating how practical it is to ignore James Murphy and just rush the 4th.
You try to ignore Murphy and I am going to blow up your start zone....you can't get everyone out of the way of my FURY!

That sounds like a great idea....'Rush the 4th'.....Good Luck with that one!
Old August 3rd, 2009, 11:54 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Too bad Murphy follows Vydar.

Lonewolf, I will miss you at GenCon this year. And I will copy your Heat of Battle army, it's a good one

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old August 4th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
Lonewolf, I will miss you at GenCon this year.
True that.

Lonewolf, it's a down feeling to hear we won't see you and 'scaper_dude this year.....but maybe at GenCon '10!

I like your Lightweight army a lot and I could see it going far in that one.

Quote:
Smack Down (450 pts)
Gladiatrons x3
Blastatrons x2
Raelin
...Otonashi too?
Old August 4th, 2009, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
Too bad Murphy follows Vydar.
Sometimes I'm brilliant and other times a dolt....this would be an example of the latter.

I had Johnny in their originally and then figured I'd upgrade since I had 10 points left. Back to Johnny!

Last edited by lonewolf; August 4th, 2009 at 02:09 AM.
Old August 4th, 2009, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Quote:
Smack Down (450 pts)
Gladiatrons x3
Blastatrons x2
Raelin
...Otonashi too?
Sure Otonashi too!

I actually put all of these armies together at work today because I was bored. I haven't playtested any of them! My version of Theoryscape!

Although, I feel confident that I could win with most of them!!!

Last edited by lonewolf; August 4th, 2009 at 02:12 AM.
Old August 4th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

4th Mass x 6
James Murphy

It's all well and good, Lonewolf, until you realize I'm packing...

Zelrig 185
10th Reg x 2 150
Marcus 100
Izumi Sammies 60

Oh, it will be SO FUN to watch the 4th Mass turn into a BLOODY, SMOKING Mass!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con