Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 27th, 2017, 02:05 AM

leontas2007 Woo who?
My new custom units

Hello heroscapers!

So I am new here and new to this game. I was heard about the game from dice tower when I was watching a review about arena of planewalkers, which is basicaly heroscape with magic the gathering theme.

Now after playing 4-5 games of heroscape I made some custom units and I don't really know if those squads are balanced or not.

So here they are:

I have one more custom squad but I don't have a file in this pc so...yeah.

The other custom unit (DROW GUARDS) has:
1 life
1 range
2 attack
2 defence
70 cost
3 figures

its a drow elf with 3 abilities:
-it can walk on water without losing the turn
-for every adjacent unit to the attacked figure it gets +1 attack(max 3)
-if a drow hero is whitin 4 clear spaces from drow guards they get +4 range

Anyway those are my first custom units, I want to hear your opinion and if you have an idea of a new way to use a unit besides just +1 attack or defence or a differend affect to add to those units
Old March 27th, 2017, 02:11 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: My new custom units

Hey and welcome to the site! And to customs creation!

That's a great looking figure for Rathalos, what's the miniature?

A couple of pieces of advice. First, if you haven't yet, the best advice on customs creation (other than the feedback you'll get from the very helpful community here) is in the Customizing Compendium written by GreyOwl.

One of the hardest things to do is price a custom. Looking at other units with similar stats is a good place to start. For instance, Braxas is 8/6/1/5/3, and is 210 points. Charos is 9/5/1/5/5, and is also 210 points. Both are flying dragons, so a good point of comparison. With these stats I would probably start Rathalos at least at 210 and see how he does on the field.

There are some conventions on wording in Heroscape, which you'll learn as you keep up the creative work! For instance, Overkill could be worded as:
After Rathalos destroys a figure with a normal attack, he may add 3 to his Range and attack one additional time. You may only use Overkill once each turn.
The conventions make it easier to be consistent with other Heroscape cards. It's often best to take an existing power and tweak the language. For instance, this is adapted from Raelin's Defense Aura:
Overseer (perhaps Ullar's Overseer?)
All figures you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Rathalos who follow Ullar add 1 to their defense dice. Overseer does not affect Rathalos.

Dragon's Breath Special Attack (there are a lot of dragon breath attacks, so you can get creative with this)
Range 6. Attack. 4.
If Rathalos did not move this turn, he may use Dragon's Breath Special Attack.
As for Thor, I'd head over to the Comics Customs forum and see what other Thors folks have made. Most are at least as costly as the Hulk, I'd wager.

I look forward to seeing more from you!
Old March 27th, 2017, 03:31 PM

leontas2007 Woo who?
Re: My new custom units

well yes, 140 cost was no much, I will make him more expensive and see how it goes.

This is the figure of rathalos:

Well its really hard to find figures to use in heroscape, there is only one store here to buy figures, most of them dnd. Anyway I will update the new cards that I will make, thank you very much for the feedback

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards