Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 27th, 2013, 05:20 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Western PA bi-monthly - December 14 - Cancelled

Hey guys! NHSD is over and it's once again time for the bi-monthly. I'm looking forward to another game day with all of you, so I hope you can make it out!

Date: Saturday, December 14, 2013

Time: 1:00 PM to 6ish PM

12:00- Setup
12:30 - Registration
1:00-6:00 - Tournament Time!

25 Pine Grove Square
Grove City, PA 16127

Google Map to Location

Bell's is about an hour north of Pittsburgh or an hour east of Akron.

Format: 5 Round Swiss "Blast from the Past" 45 minute game time limit. Only units up to Wave 4 may be used. This includes Rise of the Valkyrie, Orm's Return, Road to the Forgotten Forest, Volcarren Wasteland, and Waves 1-4. Flagbearers and any other units not mentioned here were not released yet, and so will not be permitted. Additional general tournament info in the bottom spoiler.

Due to the format, VC and Marvel are not permitted.

380 Point, 24-hex startzones

Entrance Fee*: $5

Prizes*:
1st - 50% of entry fees in credit to Bell's Comics and Cards
2nd - 30% of entry fees in credit to Bell's Comics and Cards
3rd - 20% of entry fees in credit to Bell's Comics and Cards

Maps**:
Spoiler Alert!

*Note that Bell's lets us use their space for free. We want to honor them for their benevolence towards us by giving them some business, hence the entrance fee and prizes.
**Note that we'll need help bringing maps. We don't have enough terrain between the two of us to set up more than 5 or 6 BoV's. We are open to balanced custom maps. If you want to bring a custom map, please PM me with a link to the build instructions and I'll check it out.

Attendees ( 2 ):
Nirek
lettucemode

Maybes ( 0 ):

More format info:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Nirek; December 10th, 2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Western PA bi-monthly - December 14: Blast from the Past

Sadly, Viegon, ZJ and I already have plans with family that weekend. We won't be able to make it out this time, but I hope you guys have a great time. This format looks like a lot of fun!

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old November 27th, 2013, 09:00 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

Hosey has a bball game and we have family plans after that. So we will miss this one.
Old November 28th, 2013, 12:12 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Finally a format the MacDirks can shine in and I can't make it. I'll be traveling the 14th, but will be looking forward to the next one.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Put me down as a maybe. I will probably be there but its not a garuntee.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 05:57 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

How many people going to this event can actually field competitive armies in this format?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:53 AM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Actually I don't think that'd be an issue - We're pretty comfortable with proxying, and both myself and my co-leader, lettucemode have multiples of everything. Plus, most of us just play for fun. You don't often see the most competitive units hitting the tables in Western PA.

However, due to unforeseen busyness, my co-leader's recently realized unavailability, and the general lack of participation due to prior plans, we are going to cancel this tournament. We'll be back with another one in either January or February, and we'll use this format because I think it's awesome and apparently so do rudyvalentine and TrollBrute. Sorry to those of you who were thinking of coming (which is really just yamissflash, I think). We'll see you next time!
Old December 30th, 2013, 11:33 AM

greenless is surprisingly tart
Re: Western PA bi-monthly - December 14 - Cancelled

WOW, where was this group when i lived in grove city. i used to live a mile from bells back before they moved to their current location! i have moved since then, but i would be able to make a 75 mile drive to play scape for a day. my son and i just dusted off the heroscape for the first time in over a year for our family christmas party. we used to drive to ohio once a year for a tournament so grove city would be a nice short road trip. set up another event for early february and we will be in.

we have enough terrain to build 3-4 maps if needed. 2 of both master sets, 2 roads, and a castle set, marvel and the first D&D "master set". as well as most of the waves through wave 8.
Old January 25th, 2014, 06:04 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Western PA bi-monthly - December 14 - Cancelled

Nirek, any news on an upcoming event for February?

This format sounds pretty cool. The only issue I have (and others might also have) is that I don't have a whole lot of those figures (though I'm sure you guys would bring the figures I need).

Also, would we want to limit maps to only what was released at that point? So only RotV, FotA, RttFF, and VW terrain would be allowed be used to build maps?

EDIT: Same question for glyphs? (with the exception of Range +4 maybe)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events