Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 23rd, 2019, 07:33 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Workshop

We were talking about the Imperial Guard relatively recently... somewhere. In the Sanctum, I'm pretty sure.
Old April 23rd, 2019, 07:44 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I just would think Gladiator would be way higher on the list of priorities than knock-off Ultra Boy or knock-off Brainiac 5, so it makes sense not to tie him down to them specifically. It would be nice to develop a shared power for them all though.
Old April 23rd, 2019, 07:49 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think he should be playable outside the Imperial Guard and not a really tight factional piece, but if you're playing the Guard, you should want him around.

Viegon had a bunch of Imperial Guard write-ups. Would love to see that faction realized, even if they are LoSH pastiche. I think we've talked about them in contexts where they'd be a little bit looser/more generalist, so we could get the Shi'ar going without needing a bunch of Imperial Guard designs?

Really gotta dig up that last conversation to figure out where we left off.
Old April 23rd, 2019, 08:00 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Generalist seems like a smart direction to go with the Shi'ar in general. That way Galdiator and/or Lilandra could visit the X-Men for a game, then Gladiator could head back to space and fight for Vulcan against the Inhumans and Kree, then he could join the Annihilators. (although Ronin's Ikon draft actually wouldn't need him to be a generalist anyways.)
Old April 23rd, 2019, 09:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, we had a pretty good discussion fairly recently where we charted out a path from him as he relates to the Shi'ar, the IG, and as a solo hero. I know I have him drafted so I might have updated his card in my design thread, but I fear I didn't. If the discussion didn't happen in my design thread, then I'd guess it occurred in one of the many workshops we have in the sanctum now. I know it wasn't in the public Marvel Cosmic workshop thread I started up years ago and is now long buried.
Old May 10th, 2019, 05:40 PM
Just A Head

@Arch-vile Are you still interested in your Aqualad (Kaldur) design? I think that would be a fun one to see, and he has a figure now.
Old May 10th, 2019, 05:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

And you've done a test in the last month, right?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 10th, 2019, 06:02 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
@Arch-vile Are you still interested in your Aqualad (Kaldur) design? I think that would be a fun one to see, and he has a figure now.
Yeah I am! That was one of my more recent brainstorms. I loved Young Justice.
Old May 10th, 2019, 10:42 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Aqualad (Kaldur'ahm)

Atlantean
Unique Hero
Titan
Inspiring

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

150 points

YOUNG JUSTICE LEADER
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Aqualad, you may move up to X Titan or Sidekick heroes you control, where X is the number of your Order Markers on Titan or Sidekick hero cards.

WATER AFFINITY
Aqualad does not stop his movement when entering water spaces. Add 2 dice to Aqualad's attack while he is within 2 spaces of a water space.

LIGHTNING SHOCK SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4.
Androids and Cyborgs roll 1 fewer defense die when defending against this special attack. Figures occupying water spaces subtract 1 shield from whatever is rolled when defending against this special attack. Aqualad may only use this special attack once per round.
This is the current version, right? I really dig it. I like how you went with Water Affinity. I've struggled with shape shifting weapons on a different character and WA clearly gets the idea of his weapons across in a way simpler and cleaner way. I also like a once-per-round ranged thing, even without the cool water/lightning things.

The one thing I'd be interested in discussing is his leadership power. Should it be Nightwing-friendly? It would be cool to have someone to play him alongside Dick, but both mechanically and thematically it might not be the right decision. Mechanically, it would be really nice to have a sub for Dick in the near-mandatory Titan pod of Nightwing/Starfire/Raven. Thematically, in the show, they never really led the team at the same time. Idk, I don't really feel strongly about it, but I'm interested in talking about it.

Also, I know an Aqualad with a very similar look has popped up in the comics and been appearing more recently since Rebirth. Is it basically the same guy? We should be good either way since YJ had comics.
Old May 11th, 2019, 08:50 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I designed it to be played concurrently with Nightwing, but that's a good point that it may be more thematic to keep them as separate leaders. The easy way to do that is to tie Kaldur's leader power to the X marker. We could (and probably should) make it a bit stronger than movement bonding if we do that. I'm open to ideas.

I'm not familiar with the DCU version of Kaldur at all. I know he exists in the mainline DCU, but I don't believe he has a leadership role in the Titans in that universe from my readings on wikipedia and comicvine. I'm definitely basing this design on the Young Justice universe Kaldur.
Old May 11th, 2019, 08:54 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fwiw here was my take on him, which may be more of the DCU version:

Quote:
AQUALAD
KALDUR-AHM

ATLANTEAN
UNIQUE HERO
TITAN
NOBLE
MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 150?

WATER CONSTRUCTS

Start the game with one water tile on this card. Add 4 to Aqualad’s range and 1 to Aqualad’s attack while the water tile is on this card. Anytime Aqualad is attacked by an opponent’s figure and at least one skull is rolled, you may remove the water tile from this card and add 3 dice to Aqualad’s defense. Place the removed water tile on an empty land space adjacent to Aqualad, if possible.

WATER ABSORPTION
If there is no water tile on this card and Aqualad ends his movement occupying a water tile with a land space beneath it, instead of attacking, you may place that water tile on this card.

WATER STRENGTH
Aqualad does not stop his movement when entering water spaces. Add 1 to Aqualad's attack and defense while he is on a water space.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 11th, 2019, 11:56 AM
Just A Head

Honestly, without really knowing the DCU version, I like that Arch’s take focuses more on a bunch of different things he can do, not just that he’s a waterbender. I do think noble is a really good choice of personality though.

Honestly if you want to build an army based on “The Team” from Young Justice, you’ll probably want Nightwing Dick and not Robin Dick, because Nightwing Dick has way better synergies. So maybe it’s better if they do play together, idk. I’ve thought about doing a Robin (Dick) vII that isn’t as tied to Vigilantes, but that’s certainly very low on my priority list.

Other ideas I had personally brainstormed for Kaldur were something like Strategic Discipline off of Batman (Dick) or something to represent the more “twisty” nature of the show. Not particularly in love with either of those ideas though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy