Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 8th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Watched Gladiator again. Seemed weird, keep thinking of Marcus Decimus Gallius and the legionaires. Then later, the capuans and good ole sparty.

I guess I play too much heroscape, or at least think about heroscape too much.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I watched Death at a Funeral last night and was pleasantly suprised. It was quite funny.

7/10
Old July 9th, 2009, 12:46 AM

Aquaryan is surprisingly tart

I saw Transformers, last week. Tonight, I saw My Sister's Keeper.

Old July 9th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!

Reviewed a couple of great old road movies.
Two Lane Blacktop, with one of the most controversial end movie endings of all time.
Duel, very much a psychological action piece.
Both highly recommended

Comment on The Spirit, I consider this movie one of the best released last year. What the movie was really about has been lost in everyone's wanting it to be another Sin City. Miller made a very true to the comic Spirit albeit much more powerful. Wil Eisner was never one to stand still and let thing become dry or predicable. Social commentary and bucking the system to push art forward are what it's all about. The story and dialog are solid albeit a mixture of 40's noir and current clique's (brilliant). Another no one get's is the Octopus character who is really a combination of two character from the comic.

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.
Old July 9th, 2009, 09:54 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
*cough*Sky Captain*cough*...*horrible*...
No argument here. Very rarely, no matter how bad a movie is, will I not see it all the way through. This was one of those exceptions.... garbage IMO.

-insert signature here-
Old July 9th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We watched "Knocked Up." It felt like it never would end. Not a fan.

Old July 9th, 2009, 10:25 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Watched "Hancock" on the laptop via Netflix last night. I liked it.

Edit: Fixed

Last edited by jbbnbsmith; July 9th, 2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: personal stupidity
Old July 9th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I watched Airheads again last night. I know this isn't a great movie, but I like it. It's one of the only Brendon Fraser movies that I consider to be watchable, and it has to be the only movie ever made where Steve Buscemi is billed above Adam Sandler.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old July 9th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Watched "Hitchcock" on the laptop via Netflix last night. I liked it.
Hitchcock? I'm not remembering that one. Was it possibly Will Smith in "Hitch" or Will Smith in "Hancock?"

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:37 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Watched "Hitchcock" on the laptop via Netflix last night. I liked it.
Hitchcock? I'm not remembering that one. Was it possibly Will Smith in "Hitch" or Will Smith in "Hancock?"

Jim
Maybe some fellow named Alfred?

Old July 9th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

But is there a movie called "Hitchcock?"

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
But is there a movie called "Hitchcock?"
Not according to IMDB (Internet Movie Database)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies