Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old April 19th, 2008, 01:49 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: DropBox for Site Improvement Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Anyhow, a round of thanks to each of you for unclogging the General Discussion page!

Ta muchly, nether.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 19th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you for unclogging the General Discussion page as well.
I have a suggestion to have a seperate Nomination for the BoV and a separate discussion for the BoV but I believe the Nomination thread should be kept separate from the discussion thread. What I would want to see is
a Nomination thread,where the judges vote and maps are nominated,and then a discussion thread where people discuss the maps. It would make this thread a whole lot more clear and make it easier on the judges and R˙chean to find votes and for them to find nominations.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 19th, 2008, 02:31 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
I have a suggestion to have a seperate Nomination for the BoV and a separate discussion for the BoV but I believe the Nomination thread should be kept separate from the discussion thread. What I would want to see is
a Nomination thread,where the judges vote and maps are nominated,and then a discussion thread where people discuss the maps. It would make this thread a whole lot more clear and make it easier on the judges and R˙chean to find votes and for them to find nominations.
I second this idea. This way, we can almost prepare maps for an official BoV nomination while gaining a little more recognition. In this new "Official BoV Discussion thread", people can post their maps which they may submit to the BoV. They will receive different opinions and suggestions about their map in order for it to be at the highest potential before submitted to the BoV. Also, this will give the members more of a free opinion, and each person will be like their own BoV judge, but of course it doesn't actually count towards BoV review.

I also agree that the current BoV Discussion Thread has become a bit cluttered, and sometimes the wrong post gets put in there, which leads to more disorganization. Over 120+ pages does seem a bit much.

Final thoughts:

"Battlefields of Valhalla (Best of Tournament Maps) - Display"
-Exactly how it is now. This includes a display of maps that have been accepted for BoV.

"Battlefields of Valhalla Nomination and Review Thread"
-For BoV map nominations, and BoV judge review posts ONLY. No discussion and/or posts from those who did not nominate, or are not a BoV judge.

"Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread"
-Here, members can submit their BoV eligible maps, and receive comments, feedback and suggestions on how to improve their map. Also, members can discuss their favorite BoV maps, and anything pertaining to the other BoV threads.
Old April 19th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomolka View Post
Quote:
I second this idea. This way, we can almost prepare maps for an official BoV nomination while gaining a little more recognition. In this new "Official BoV Discussion thread", people can post their maps which they may submit to the BoV. They will receive different opinions and suggestions about their map in order for it to be at the highest potential before submitted to the BoV. Also, this will give the members more of a free opinion, and each person will be like their own BoV judge, but of course it doesn't actually count towards BoV review.

I also agree that the current BoV Discussion Thread has become a bit cluttered, and sometimes the wrong post gets put in there, which leads to more disorganization. Over 120+ pages does seem a bit much.

Final thoughts:

"Battlefields of Valhalla (Best of Tournament Maps) - Display"
-Exactly how it is now. This includes a display of maps that have been accepted for BoV.

"Battlefields of Valhalla Nomination and Review Thread"
-For BoV map nominations, and BoV judge review posts ONLY. No discussion and/or posts from those who did not nominate, or are not a BoV judge.

"Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread"
-Here, members can submit their BoV eligible maps, and receive comments, feedback and suggestions on how to improve their map. Also, members can discuss their favorite BoV maps, and anything pertaining to the other BoV threads.
This part worries me a little.I would rather not have people modifying others maps or even suggestion on ways to improve Maps. I would want discussion on the New BoV maps,Maps that they think will get in,and talk about the BoV,so that talk stays out of the Nomination thread.

Old April 19th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That all sounds like something the BoV should/could decide on, send a PM to R˙chean.
Old April 19th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Wears Shades at Night

I talked it over with him and they will be deciding. I wanted to see how other people would change the Idea to make it better,or even like the idea of it.

Old April 19th, 2008, 03:11 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
This part worries me a little.I would rather not have people modifying others maps or even suggestion on ways to improve Maps. I would want discussion on the New BoV maps,Maps that they think will get in,and talk about the BoV,so that talk stays out of the Nomination thread.
If it were a thread created only for discussing BoV maps, I don't think it would be as successful as if were discussing BoV maps, and people could get input on their BoV eligible maps. Outside of nominations, BoV judges posting, and little remarks throughout the BoV Discussion Thread, there is not a whole lot more that makes it too cluttered.

In my opinion, the point behind this is so that people can talk about BoV eligible maps they have created, discuss anything BoV related, and, of course, keep the unnecessary comments out of the official BoV discussion thread. I don't see any problem in having people sharing opinions about possible BoV maps. In fact, this may only result in higher quality maps that are submitted at their highest potential, rather than maps with only a few perspectives supporting their quality.
Old April 20th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Wears Shades at Night

I am wondering what happened to the message when you received a pm, it use to pop up and tell me,now I sometimes miss when I have one. So I have to leave my e mail up all the time which is a bit of a hassle.

Old April 20th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I am wondering what happened to the message when you received a pm, it use to pop up and tell me,now I sometimes miss when I have one. So I have to leave my e mail up all the time which is a bit of a hassle.
Do you have it turned on?

User CP -> Edit Options -> Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

EDIT - I just checked your settings and you don't have it turned on. Check the box next to the setting in your Options.
Old April 20th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Thank you very much Nether.

Old April 20th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I am going straight to Hell.
No...theologically, you'll probably need to take the detour. <grin>
Old April 20th, 2008, 03:44 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I am going straight to Hell.
No...theologically, you'll probably need to take the detour. <grin>

On the way to the Battle of the Border yesterday we drove past the exit for the Purgatory Chasm....my entire life flashed before my eyes.

And Rev...I KNOW I am going to Hell...I just don't want to have to wait in line when I get there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online