Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old March 7th, 2019, 10:56 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
The problem I personally have long had with bringing in Star Wars to C3G is the number of characters in SW. Where do you stop once you get going on a few SW cards? I do prefer the lighter cross over touch of a few cards from a new IP. Spawn, Hellboy, Predator, & Alien all have small footprints in C3G and they feel like great additions to me as a result. SW is such a big world though that they could have a 50 card run in C3G, and that just feels like too big an impact to me on what started out as a comic book based project.
Yeah, I'm kinda on the same page in terms of Star Wars - love it, but I don't think it has an intuitive jumping-off point as far as designing cards. Some of the other properties we've incorporated do have fairly deep worlds, but not as many of the characters are well-known, so their expansion in C3G is a bit more limited by that. Star Wars in C3G feels a bit like giving a mouse a cookie.

I would be interested in seeing it for similar reasons to what Bats mentioned a while ago: I'm too invested in C3G to do much with other projects, so I haven't really been able to get into HoSS. Star Wars just feels like a lot, though. Seems like it makes the most sense to leave it to HoSS.

Maybe if a few years down the line, even Spidey is saying "Well, we did all the Big Two stuff", we can take a look at Star Wars again.
Old March 7th, 2019, 11:01 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The to give a mouse a cookie/slippery slope example is probably spot on. Even with Masters of the Universe I’m really trying to limit it to 20ish max, but as Frost says: “Way leads on to way and I doubt if I should ever come back.”

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 7th, 2019, 12:18 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
There have been a lot of dudes with their panties in a bunch about a couple things. They don't like a woman having top billing, and be so ubber powerful as to steal their man crush hereos in Avengers End Game. And/or they don't like Brie Larson speaking up for equality and diversity.

Some losers were going nuts in making the Rotten Tomato score for Captain Marvel so low before it even came out. Rotten Tomatoes had to adjust some things to compensate.
It always astonishes me that this kind of crap happens; It's hard to comprehend that there are people out there who are actually angry about the fact that a woman is a main character in a movie, or a person of race X, or a person who is a woman AND race X...I just don't get why that matters so much to these trolls.
Old March 7th, 2019, 12:22 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Now that you mention it, maybe I could actually see modern Archie working. Give him really stats and a sidekick ability, but he can be a sidekick for pretty much anybody. (Crazy team-ups!)

I guess I just feel like I might’ve fallen down that slippery slope a bit with the Who stuff. When you guys first convinced me to bring it over here I was thinking of just doing 1 generic Doctor design, some Daleks, and then maybe Cybermen or the Tardis. But the general consensus from what I saw was that it would be more fun to do each Doctor (14 and counting) as their own seperate design, so I changed it up a bit. Then, if you have 14 of the main character, it makes sense to have that many allies and enemies for him to play with. So it’s kind of expanded to the point where my pipe dream is all the Doctors, a companion/ally for each one, and at least one villain for each one (I’m not sure if the Master should count or not, because I want to do him too.) Oh and also the Tardis. Sure, that’s a pipe dream that I’ll probably never have the time for, but it would be the very final end goal for me. (And then probably developing anything else I wanted through personal customs) So I’m just wondering if I should continue down that path of potential massive expansion or if I should adjust course a bit.
Old March 7th, 2019, 12:25 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I’d say just go slow and steady. Maybe two big two LDs for each one Doctor Who LD starting with the most essential stuff and just see how far you get.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 7th, 2019, 12:31 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Now that you mention it, maybe I could actually see modern Archie working. Give him really stats and a sidekick ability, but he can be a sidekick for pretty much anybody. (Crazy team-ups!)

I guess I just feel like I might’ve fallen down that slippery slope a bit with the Who stuff. When you guys first convinced me to bring it over here I was thinking of just doing 1 generic Doctor design, some Daleks, and then maybe Cybermen or the Tardis. But the general consensus from what I saw was that it would be more fun to do each Doctor (14 and counting) as their own seperate design, so I changed it up a bit. Then, if you have 14 of the main character, it makes sense to have that many allies and enemies for him to play with. So it’s kind of expanded to the point where my pipe dream is all the Doctors, a companion/ally for each one, and at least one villain for each one (I’m not sure if the Master should count or not, because I want to do him too.) Oh and also the Tardis. Sure, that’s a pipe dream that I’ll probably never have the time for, but it would be the very final end goal for me. (And then probably developing anything else I wanted through personal customs) So I’m just wondering if I should continue down that path of potential massive expansion or if I should adjust course a bit.
We're at 800 designs and counting, so I don't really mind taking the 'deep universe' approach to Who, especially with a lot of the designs likely coming from one person (who has other projects he's working on) or maybe 2-3 people, tops?

I think by the time you're getting into the deep cuts we'll be well over 1000 cards. So the rate of expansion doesn't look especially worrying to me, and I think Doctor Who is easier to cut off than Star Wars if we feel at any point like we have what we need there.

(Star Wars is more like... once you expand beyond Luke and Vader, I feel like there are a couple hundred other cards you want in order to keep things from feeling missing )
Old March 7th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd actually have a way harder time cutting off Who stuff than Star Wars stuff, but that just says something about me. Doctor Who has an expansive EU to rival Star Wars, but obviously most people just aren't as invested in it and never will be.
Old March 7th, 2019, 12:40 PM

If I stuck to original trilogy I’d personally easily be satisfied with under 20 Star Wars designs.

Old March 7th, 2019, 12:41 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I'd actually have a way harder time cutting off Who stuff than Star Wars stuff, but that just says something about me. Doctor Who has an expansive EU to rival Star Wars, but obviously most people just aren't as invested in it and never will be.
Yeah, true: 'easier to cut off' is totally a subjective call. I feel like the Star Wars EU is a bit better-known, though. (At least around these parts)
Old March 7th, 2019, 12:42 PM

Barring getting into space battles with vehicles what essential characters is this list missing?

Luke
Han
Leia
Obi
Yoda
Lando
C3PO
R2D2
Darth Vader
Emperor Palpatine
Jabba the Hutt
Boba Fett
Ewoks
Storm Troopers
Rebel Fighters

Old March 7th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Barring getting into space battles with vehicles what essential characters is this list missing?

Luke
Han
Leia
Obi
Yoda
Lando
C3PO
R2D2
Darth Vader
Emperor Palpatine
Jabba the Hutt
Boba Fett
Ewoks
Storm Troopers
Rebel Fighters
Chewbacca

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 7th, 2019, 01:35 PM

Good call! So that would be, what, 16?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape