Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old March 4th, 2007, 05:43 PM

Agatagary is surprisingly tart
200 Point Army Challenge

Here is a challenge for army builders out there: Build the strongest army you can with the following restrictions.

1. Your army must not exceed 200 points
2. Your army may not have more than two of the same common unit

Please explain why you chose your army, and what strategies you would use with it.

I will not add unexplained armies to this list!

Here is a list of armies created so far:

Netherspirit

2x Roman Legionnaires
Marcus

2x Blade Gruts
Grimnak

2x Venoc Vipers
Venoc Warlord

Major Q9

2x Arrow Gruts
2x Swog Riders
Marro Warriors

2x Heavy Gruts
Nerak

philowar

Marro Warriors
Me-Burq-Sa
Krav Maga

Marro Warriors
Me-Burq-Sa
2x Roman Legionnaires

2x Roman Legionnaires
Marcus Decimus Gallus

Krug
2x 4th Massachusetts Line

Marro Warriors

Agatagary

x2 Zombies of Morindan
Marro Warriors
Guilty Mc Creech

Crixus
Ninjas of the Northern Wind

Retiarius

Crixus
Retiarius

Draconious

Ornak
Me-Burq-Sa
Nerak

scorpiusx

Marro Warriors
Krug
Guilty Mc Creech

Kelda
Krug

Marduk

Raelin
Nakita Agents

Dead Eye Dan
Syvarris
Theracus

2x Swog Rider
2x Arrow Gruts
1x Heavy Gruts

kenjib

Krav Maga Agents
Kozuke Samurai

Aldin

Izumi Samurai

2x Aubrien Archers
Izumi Samurai

Thorgrim the Viking Champion
Krug

Codeman

Krug
2x Arrow Gruts

R˙chean

2x Blastatrons
1x Gladiatrons

Kaemon Awa
2x Deathreavers

Agent Carr
Krav Maga Agents

yagyuninja

Johnny Shotgun
2x Tagawa Samurai Archers

Grimnak
1x Heavy Gruts

Dredd Stev

Concan
1x Sentinels of Jandar

2x Roman Legionnaires
Me-Burq-Sa
Marro Warriors

2x Marrden Hounds

Browncoat

Kaemon Awa
Raelin

playa1

Deathwalker 9000
Izumi Samauri

gamjuven

Airborne Elite
Ne-Gok-Sa

2x Deathstalkers

Nakita Agents
2x Deathreavers

Kee-Mo-Shi
1x Arrow Gruts
1x Swog Rider

NecroBlade

2x Venoc Vipers
Venoc Warlord

Deadeye Dan
1x Deathreavers
1x Shades of Bleakwoode

travisbarker182

Brunak
1x Warriors of Ashra
Guilty Mc Creech

King's Knight

Khosumet
1x Anubian Wolves
2x Dumutef Guard

TheRealQ

Kee-Mo-Shi
Guilty Mc Creech
Theracus

Krav Maga Agents
Elite Onyx Vipers

1x Dumetef Guard
1x Anubian Wolves
1x Shades of Bleakwood

1x Marrden Hounds
Dund

Brunak
Ne-Gok-Sa

Logan

1x Knights of Weston
Sir Dendrick
Guilty Mc Creech

1x Knights of Weston
Sir Dendrick
1x Dumetef Guard

Raelin the Kyrie Warrior
Tagawa Samurai

Guerillinator

1x Deathreavers
Krav Maga Agents
Izumi Samurai

Marro Warriors
Me-Burq-Sa
2x Roman Legionnaires

Kahrma

2x Anubian Wolves
Marro Warriors

Sargent_Drake_8

Crixus
Airbourne Elite

killercactus

Sir Gilbert
1x 4th Massachusetts Line
1x Swog Rider

MattserTruckRally

Guilty Mc Creech
Eldgrim the Viking Champion
Tarn Viking Warriors
Marro Warriors
Theracus

MKSentinel

Deadeye Dan
Guilty Mc Creech

Old March 4th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
2x Roman Legos
Marcus
-------------------
2x Blade Gruts
Grimnak
------------------
2x Venoc Vipers
Venoc Warlord
------------------
Old March 4th, 2007, 06:11 PM

philowar is surprisingly tart
Re: 200 Point Army Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatagary
Here is a challenge for army builders out there: Build the strongest army you can with the following restrictions.

1. Your army must not exceed 200 points
2. Your army may not have more than two of the same common unit

Please explain why you chose your army, and what strategies you would use with it.
Jeez, 200 points? I'd have to go with one of three options:

1. Marro Warriors, MeBurqSa, Krav Maga (though I hate the Krav with a passion. Talk about broken)
2. Marro Warriors, MeBurqSa, Romans x2 (Marro Warlord bonding!)
3. In an all-melee game: Romans x2, Marcus

The Marro Warriors are always a great bargain at 50 points: 4 figures, good defense for a ranged unit, 6 move, and the possibility of cloning. For 50 points, Me-Burq-Sa is also a good choice, though I'm never dumb enough to move him out first thing when there's a lot of enemy range on the board. Usually, I save him for mid-game when enemy figures are tied up, or near the end when he can ride around with his big 8 move and snipe a few figures here and there. Of course, he's great against Sentinels too.

The Krav need no explanation. They are the best ranged squad in the game, period, and cost only an obsurd 100 points. They really take the fun out of things though. It's no fun having a shooting match when they have that bullet dodging crap special ala Matrix.

Romans: When clumped together, they are the best hand-to-hand unit for the points hands down. How much more melee power can you get for 200 points? With Marcus, that's 8 Romans with a nice 4 attack (and 5 attacks per turn if you're using Marcus to attack too), 5 move, and potentially 4 defense, the latter which most will retain if you're in a melee-only game where they can all stay in close formation and face the enemy head-on.
Old June 12th, 2008, 01:20 AM

s2ua7 has disabled reputation

Hmmm...

1 x Krug
2 units of Arrow Gruts

For the obvious reason that Krug is a beast with 8 life and possibly alot of attack power AND double attack making him the focus of the opponents army and have the Arrow Gruts for backup range though not very tough with an attack of 1 and a defense of 1 you get to move Krug along with the Gruts to help plink of health little by little. Have Krug be your up front guy with the the Gruts behind but in range and trying to give them height.

Last edited by s2ua7; June 12th, 2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old June 12th, 2008, 08:34 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

I did not read this one in the summary page, so if it is a repeat excuse me:

Marro Warriors = 50 +
Tarn Vikings = 100 +
Krav = 200

All RotV. I would have to have range and I have it. I would also like enough numbers, but with solid stats. Numbers with solid stats is what the Marro Warriors and Vikings provide. The Marro warriors have strong defense for being a range squad worth 50 and can clone. The Tarn Vikings is an alternative when you can't fit a squad of KoWs or the Deathreavers won't cut it attack wise. It's a non-bonding squad of KoWs, but could move faster. The Kravs don't need an explanation - they are sneaky agents with deceptive survival instincts. Depending on the opponent and the map, I would move the Krav or the Marros first to try to get height advantage and first attack given their range. I would use the Vikings to hold the line, engagement, or as backup reserve. The Deathreavers could do a similar job with some more tactical flexibility but fade in attack potential.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.

Last edited by Hero Hot Hatch; June 12th, 2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old June 14th, 2008, 04:31 AM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Hot Hatch View Post
I did not read this one in the summary page, so if it is a repeat excuse me:

Marro Warriors = 50 +
Tarn Vikings = 100 +
Krav = 200

All RotV. I would have to have range and I have it. I would also like enough numbers, but with solid stats. Numbers with solid stats is what the Marro Warriors and Vikings provide. The Marro warriors have strong defense for being a range squad worth 50 and can clone. The Tarn Vikings is an alternative when you can't fit a squad of KoWs or the Deathreavers won't cut it attack wise. It's a non-bonding squad of KoWs, but could move faster. The Kravs don't need an explanation - they are sneaky agents with deceptive survival instincts. Depending on the opponent and the map, I would move the Krav or the Marros first to try to get height advantage and first attack given their range. I would use the Vikings to hold the line, engagement, or as backup reserve. The Deathreavers could do a similar job with some more tactical flexibility but fade in attack potential.
Wow! I should read the whole forum first. I feel unoriginal!

Here's two more ideas:
Kaemon Awa
Venoc VipersX2

or
Ne-Gok-Sa
Roman Legionaires
Roman Archers

First team:
Send in the vipers and try to kill Kaemon's biggest threat, then try to finish with Kaemon. He is good in any situation.

Second team:
This team has melee and range. It can kill squads(5 attacks with bonding) and Q9 (roman archers). And it has bonding with a mind shackler. What more could you ask for?

Old March 4th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philowar
1. Marro Warriors, MeBurqSa, Romans x2
Doh! I completely forgot about Me-Burq-Sa when I was making up my lists. This would be a great 200 point army.
Old March 4th, 2007, 06:17 PM

Agatagary is surprisingly tart
Here is an army that I would use:

2x Zombies of Morindan
Marro Warriors
Guilty Mc Creech

In this army, the main strength is how long this army can survive. Both the Zombies of Morindan and the Marro Warriors can come back from the dead, allowing this army to survive for a long time.

This army has a good balance of melee units and ranged units. The Zombies of Morindan provide a powerful (Although slow) melee force, with an attack of six and the ability to hide behind obstacles without having their extremities targeted. The Marro Warriors provide ranged support for the slow-moving Zombies of Morindan, and have a decent attack value if you can get them a height advantage. Guilty Mc Creech is a good hero in this army, being able to dash out and attack twice from afar, and being able to sustain one wound without dying.

My strategy for this army would be to have the the Marro Warriors and Guilty Mc Creech move out first, while the enemy is still a board's length away, to gain a height advantage. The Zombies of Morindan would then lie in wait for the other army to approach. If my opponent refused to come, I would creep my forces forwards, trying to maintain my height advantage.
Old March 4th, 2007, 06:32 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Ornak - Move Meburqsa and Nerak
Meburqsa
Nerak +1 Def to Ornak

On an army this small getting 4 turns, instead of 3 would be more valuable.
Old March 4th, 2007, 06:35 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Marro Warriors
Krug
Guilty Mcreech

A fun army. send out a few MWs and then revive. When the enemy gets on your home turf, have everyones' favorite jolly green troll smash everything. If all else fails, use Ol' Guilty.

Here's another:

Kelda
Krug

Have Krug smash. Have Kelda heal Krug. Simple, effective.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old March 4th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Site Admin

Major Q9

Do I really need to explain this one?
Old March 4th, 2007, 07:06 PM

philowar is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Major Q9

Do I really need to explain this one?
Sadly, I think Q9 could take out all of the afforementioned armies by himself.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion