Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 16th, 2007, 05:19 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by teekay
Personally I'm really hoping the said Spearmen will be Hoplites; something along the lines of a cheap common unit with a range of 2 and a Phalanx formation special ability.
I see this desire for a Range 2 unit frequently. I wonder if this is something that Craig has considered and if it will ever come about?
Old February 16th, 2007, 05:30 PM

vernz has disabled reputation
man this is some great news we could use some more knights and some vamps as well thanks for the info ill be checking my local stores come april thats for sure

Old February 16th, 2007, 05:43 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Personally I'm really hoping the said Spearmen will be Hoplites; something along the lines of a cheap common unit with a range of 2 and a Phalanx formation special ability.
I see this desire for a Range 2 unit frequently. I wonder if this is something that Craig has considered and if it will ever come about?
The problem is Range 2 without all of the oddities that come from Range. I don't think people really want to see a Range 2 melee unit that can poke troops up on top of a castle wall.
Old February 16th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
I heard a rumor about an upcoming Cowboy named Shorty McDud. He's Guilty's kid brother and his range is 2 and a half.
Old February 16th, 2007, 05:51 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
The problem is Range 2 without all of the oddities that come from Range. I don't think people really want to see a Range 2 melee unit that can poke troops up on top of a castle wall.
The mental image is hilarious!

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 16th, 2007, 05:54 PM

nbxfan has disabled reputation
Vampires seem a bit out of place but, I'm excited as a vampire enthusiast...I'd take getting some wave 6 anywhere around here though before getting overly excited about wave 7 which if released in April means maybe June/July before the stores around here get them...
Old February 16th, 2007, 05:57 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
If the name of the wave is "Field of Valor", that tells me the figures should be predominantly Jandar and Ullar. All the 'valiant' personalities are either Jandar or Ullar. Now, the problem I have with that name is with the pack named Fiends and Vampires, obviously that whole pack will be UTGAR! I'm not crazy about that. To balance that out, I would like to see all the other figures be Jandar and Ullar--but that won't happen unless the Spearmen are not Ashigaru. Jandar and Ullar aren't getting the love! I am excited for this wave--especially if there is another Elf wizard--but I dislike the fact that Utgar will still get a significant addition in a wave titled 'Fields of Valor'.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old February 16th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow
If the name of the wave is "Field of Valor", that tells me the figures should be predominantly Jandar and Ullar. All the 'valiant' personalities are either Jandar or Ullar. Now, the problem I have with that name is with the pack named Fiends and Vampires, obviously that whole pack will be UTGAR! I'm not crazy about that. To balance that out, I would like to see all the other figures be Jandar and Ullar--but that won't happen unless the Spearmen are not Ashigaru. Jandar and Ullar aren't getting the love! I am excited for this wave--especially if there is another Elf wizard--but I dislike the fact that Utgar will still get a significant addition in a wave titled 'Fields of Valor'.
Well, I can't argue that fiends won't be Utgar, but I think that Vampires may be Vydar. I hope so, at least.
Old February 16th, 2007, 06:25 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow
I am excited for this wave--especially if there is another Elf wizard--but I dislike the fact that Utgar will still get a significant addition in a wave titled 'Fields of Valor'.
To be fair, don't forget that the 4rth Mass, Sir Dendrick, and the Knights of Weston all came out the "Utgar's Rage" wave.
Old February 16th, 2007, 06:58 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
I'm excited for Vampires and Fiends.

Now with the Knights Templar, this opens up a possible custom for the "bad" if the pack is good and vice versa. Maybe they'll have the opposite in a different pack. Not being too familiar to Templar, were the good and bad templar from the same army or even era?
Old February 16th, 2007, 07:01 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It would be cool if the Vampires were heroes, and each were from a different type. One could be a classic Nosferatu type with mind powers and such for Utgar, another a gunslinger ala underworld for Vydar, and the other a Dracula type of guy with great physical presence and military skills for Einar.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 16th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse
It would be cool if the Vampires were heroes, and each were from a different type. One could be a classic Nosferatu type with mind powers and such for Utgar, another a gunslinger ala underworld for Vydar, and the other a Dracula type of guy with great physical presence and military skills for Einar.
I agree Sweetcurse. I don't think I'd really want a squad of vampires myself. Heck if they can have gunslingers from different generals; Guilty (Einar), James Murphy (Vydar) and Deadeye Dan (Ullar), then why not with vampires?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News