Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 24th, 2006, 12:41 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
Sigh Xmods suck... they are find for kids though... the Mini-Z is higher quality.. and they are 1:27-1:28 scale... about 1:25th scale models...

If you got a Mini-Z for 10$ then I am sorry to say that you got ripped off... because on ebay there are 1000's of FAKE Mini-Z counterfits, and clone products from china... they are not worth 4$... they are horible RC cars, only enough of a product to trick the buyer into thinking it was a Mini-Z long enough to get their money. This unfortunatly causes many Xmod owners to buy one, and then tell everyone else with an Xmod that Mini-Z's suck.. and thus our Mini-Z racer numbers are not as high as they could be, its hard to get enough people together to race in any one given area...

Do not invest in the XMOD it will take 300-400$ to get it to run like a Stock Mini-Z... put that money into a REAL Mini-Z... all a Z needs is tires and your all set... (stock tires are good for concrete but not slippery floors or the foam tile tracks)
I figured it was a rip-off but what ever. R/C racing comes in phases for me. I'm really into it one day but the next i couldn't care less about them which is why i havent gotten rid of any of my stuff
Old November 24th, 2006, 01:03 AM

outtakontroll is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
Sigh Xmods suck... they are find for kids though... the Mini-Z is higher quality.. and they are 1:27-1:28 scale... about 1:25th scale models...

If you got a Mini-Z for 10$ then I am sorry to say that you got ripped off... because on ebay there are 1000's of FAKE Mini-Z counterfits, and clone products from china... they are not worth 4$... they are horible RC cars, only enough of a product to trick the buyer into thinking it was a Mini-Z long enough to get their money. This unfortunatly causes many Xmod owners to buy one, and then tell everyone else with an Xmod that Mini-Z's suck.. and thus our Mini-Z racer numbers are not as high as they could be, its hard to get enough people together to race in any one given area...

Do not invest in the XMOD it will take 300-400$ to get it to run like a Stock Mini-Z... put that money into a REAL Mini-Z... all a Z needs is tires and your all set... (stock tires are good for concrete but not slippery floors or the foam tile tracks)
I figured it was a rip-off but what ever. R/C racing comes in phases for me. I'm really into it one day but the next i couldn't care less about them which is why i havent gotten rid of any of my stuff
I know exactly what you mean K/H. I will be all gung-ho about my Rc's for like a week or a month then I go on to something else. Then one day I will charge a battery and be all gung-ho again LOL.

.............outtakontroll

He who dies with the most toyz winz, But still diez!
Old November 24th, 2006, 09:19 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
I really want to get a gas R/C. That way i don't have to charge batteries and lose interest while they charge for 4+ hours. I just don't want to invest a full $400+ into one, and my dad won't go in with me on it because he doesn't think they're any good. He'd rather have a slightly cheaper electric high-performance R/C car, which still needs batteries.

Gas cars are fricken monsters. I've seen one chase a real car down and almost smash itself on the rear tire.
Old November 24th, 2006, 10:12 AM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
Slot Cars
I have 185 feet of AFX track that I bought a number of years ago. I was lucky to find a couple of stores blowing out track at ten cents on the dollar. 185 feet is a lot of track and I can quickly take over a couple of rooms in the house.

I have not set up the track in about 6 years or so. We considered integrating the track onto a large HeroScape map but gave that up as a bad beer-fueled idea.

Alas, I do not have any pictures as they were on the computer that was stolen last year.

R/C Cars
I just sold my Traxxas T-Maxx (2.5) earlier this year. I ran it for a little while but I got tired of the amount of maintenance to the amount of run time. Favourite run was taking it to the Sand Dunes in Saskatchewan with my brother. That thing would run like greased lightning.
Old November 24th, 2006, 11:35 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
With the Mini-Z you use standard AAA rechargeables.. I use Rayovac IC-3 cells... they charge in 15 minutes, but the stock car has potential to run for over an hour at full thottle before needing a recharge... longer if you go easy, and shorter if you have a lot of stop go driving/bumpy track etc...

Electric can also go just as fast... if your willing to invest in Lithium Polymer batteries, and Brushless motors

Also look for the 1:18 gas cars... awsome
Old December 16th, 2015, 10:16 PM

Redstone Woo who?
Re: slot-cars and R/C car chatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
Do any of the older folks remember the multi-car slot tracks in old R/C and electronics stores from back in the day? There were a couple here in my neck of the woods where you show up with your car, throw it on the track and race whoever was there. It used to be cool to watch, though I never bought a car and got into it.
Yes, my local store had a gigantic track with 12 lanes, IIRC. Awesome. We had the Aurora Model Motoring HO scale cars at home. My fave was the 1963 Corvette split window. Often, I'd put my set together with a classmate's and make a giant track, with a train crossing. Beat the train!
Fun stuff. I see they still make the HO cars and tracks.

Redstone
"Imagination is more important that knowledge." Albert Einstein

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General