Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 20th, 2010, 10:53 PM

yoyomansizzle Woo who?
Re: 500 pt list :D

Problem is I love Sonlen's model not so much his powers, for me they are never reliable. That's why I like Rhogar, he has the 4/4 stats 6 life and reliable healing. So based off the list you came up with thats 40 points free.

<3 Rhogar, Mika, and Sonlen <3

Last edited by yoyomansizzle; October 20th, 2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old October 20th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Kaemon
Raelin I
Rhogar
Stingers x3 (use a squad of Drudge as a proxy)
Isamu
500/13

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 20th, 2010, 11:00 PM

yoyomansizzle Woo who?

So do you think that list would be viable in a tournament setting?

And I came up with this list real quick it seems like it would be fun to play.
Concan (80/500)
Sentinels (190/500)
Knights of Weston x3 (400/500)
Sir Hawthorne (490/500)
Isamu (500/500)
I can just imagine putting all 3 order markers on the knights and just wailing on your enemies with the bonding with Hawthorne. I was gonna choose Denrick but the slightly better stats and lower cost made me choose Hawthorne and whats the chance your gonna roll a 1? And Concan's enhancement works for both knights and Sentinels.

Old October 20th, 2010, 11:04 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyomansizzle View Post
whats the chance your gonna roll a 1?
about 1 in 20
That is a pretty good-lookin army, though, in my opinion. Looks fun.

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old October 20th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Concan (80/500)
Knights of Weston x3 (400/500)
Sir Hawthorne (490/500)
*chuckle*

Am I on candid camera?

Dude, tell us what you have or you are wasting our time. It would have saved some well meaning people a fair amount of time if you had given us *some* idea what was in your collection.

Have fun at your tournament. I'm done here.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 20th, 2010, 11:05 PM

yoyomansizzle Woo who?

I was just making that list for fun geez
Im also sensing some negativity towards me :\

Old October 20th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Knights are proven tournament winners. Their slow speed hurts them, but that can be mitigated by Sir Gilbert (unless you roll Jandar's Dispatch like me ). If you don't have Gilbert I'd swap out Sentinels, Concan and Isamu for Finn, Thorgrim and Theracus. OM 1 goes on Theracus to carry Finn the the opposing Start Zone (this is the FaT Bomb that you'll probably stumble across eventually) then everything else goes on your knights. With so many champions you always have somebody to bond with. And Sir Grungebob with two spirits can be a terror-just don't get stabbed in the back!

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 20th, 2010, 11:12 PM

yoyomansizzle Woo who?

I like you you're nicer than him :P And I do have Gilbert, I was planning on proxying the knights since I only have one squad. And to make things clear on my collection
I have full wave 1,2, heroes and sentinels from wave 3, 3/4 of wave 4, 1/2 of wave 5, no wave 6, all wave 7,8,9,10 and all d&d sets and I also have gilbert and Acorlah. Hopefully I dont confuse anyone. And I only have multiples of wave 10 of the dwarves and defenders.

Old October 20th, 2010, 11:25 PM

yoyomansizzle Woo who?

And based on what you told me heres the list I came up with
Finn (80/500)
Thorgrim (160/500)
Knights of Weston x 2 (300/500)
Sir Hawthorne (390/500)
Sir Gilbert (495/500)
Plenty of Champions and when Finn and Thorgrim go down their spirits go on Hawthorne and he becomes a monster and I wish there was a 5 point ninja

Old October 21st, 2010, 12:32 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I like you you're nicer than him :P
I really, really, should let this go, but...

I spent a fair amount of time trying to help you. You do *none* of the work yourself, and if you found this forum you were definitely capable of reading threads about how to build an army, or reading any one of countless threads about armies already built. You didn't, you asked us to do all the work for you, which I don't mind because sometimes younger guys on the board - I'm think 10 years old, here - need a lot of help and I feel like we are a resource for the larger community. Fine, you came on here having read and thought about nothing, as far as I can tell, but I can deal with that and try to help anyway, moving on...

Then you did nothing to try to help people help you - what do you have in your collection, what are you trying to do, etc. - and now, for the second time in this thread, you are mocking me, the guy who wasted more time than anyone trying to help you. Without, even still, a single thanks to anyone. Including people who are nicer than I am.

You really owe all the contributors to this thread an apology for your atrocious manners.

Have. Fun. In. Your. Tournament.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; October 21st, 2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old October 21st, 2010, 05:38 PM

Zarrath Woo who?

Quote:
Sorry about the format but I'm new to this site so cut me some slack and I have nearly the whole collection but not many multiples that's why I only have one of each squad. And this is for a friendly 500 pt tourney just between some friends nothing serious but I want to win
yeah i can see where your coming from. i used to be like that. anyway with your army, as said for like the 100th time now you need to use multiples of common squads to make a really good competitive army. you say you want to win? then win with what you like the best, whether it be knights, legos, sonlen or whoever. if i were you i would go with knights like this one

4xknights of weston 280
Sir Gilbert 105
AirBorne Elite 110
Isamu 10
Total Points : 505

take out isamu for 495 points if you want

hope this helps.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion