Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old August 23rd, 2018, 04:04 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Angel (90) and Blob (165) are also really good mutants.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 04:05 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I'd venture a wager that you both like Dr. Who. I think your Tennant love carried over and got carried away! Lol. Personally, not a Whovian, so not my cup of tea before. Really liked him in JJ Season 1, agree to disagree on Season 2.
Well I've never seen an episode of Dr. Who and only read one Free Comic Book Day comic of Dr. Who...so nope, but still liked Tennant's guest appearance in Season 2.

Is Tennant in Dr. Who?
If you ever want a taste of Doctor Who, a brilliant episode to just watch out of context is Blink. I think it's season 3 episode 10. The episode doesn't relate to any of the main plots or storylines so it doesn't spoil anything. It's just a great story to give you taste of Doctor Who. It also does a bit of explaining about the issues of time travel in the Whoverse. One of the Doctor Who's most quoted lines about time comes from this episode. Sadly it's not a great episode to show off Tennant's talents as he doesn't have a large part in this episode, especially no action from him. It is a lot of fun though.
I love that episode and the Weeping Angels!
Old August 23rd, 2018, 04:06 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Look at the builds from Gen Con.
The winning one had Doctor Manhattan, Silk Spectre, Jason and Atom.
Red Skull is wicked awesome. Get him now before we change him!

My favorite is Frankenstein, Dragon Man and Wendigo at 990, add a Fire Ant for 1000.
Not sure it is good enough to win but it is a lot of fun and really easy to run.

Looking forward to hearing how it turns out. Take pics if you can!
Old August 23rd, 2018, 04:07 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstang View Post
Hey Everyone! It's that time of the year again where my pals and I get together for our annual 1 v 1 tournament (Using C3G and Original Marvel figures). It is called the "Heroscape Megabowl", and it is in it's 5th year.

We usually have 6 to 8 participants, for which I build three maps so that 6 people can be playing at all times. It's really a fun time! We separate players into two pools and have each player, play every other player in their own pool to decide seeding for the single elimination tournament.

We've never had a repeat winner, and I am looking to lock up my first Megabowl Championship this year. I am wondering if anyone has advice for competitive 1,000 point armies? Each Player will normally draft 2,000 points of figures and it is left to the player to select from that pool upon the beginning of every match to build a 1,000 point army (or a little less). Usually the only rule for figure selection is that a team must consist of at least one 100-195 point range figure, one 200-295 point range figure, and one 300-395 point range figure.

I have run several different teams with Cap as my base figure in the past. I think the best I ever did was place second with Darkseid, Red Skull, Weather Wizard, and Deathstroke (Wanted Mandarin but he got swiped during the draft).

Any suggestions?
Not 100% sure how competitive it would be, but a Mean and Green build with the full TMNT and the original Martian Manhunter might be fun. J'onn goes out front, fights like a bastard with strong stats while using Telepathic Directive to bring the Turtles into position (and Intangible to avoid being sniped!), then Leo uses Turtle Power to blitzkrieg - survivors mop up.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 23rd, 2018, 04:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Cyclopes II 240
Magneto II 375
Destiny 55
Beast 170.......840, with the last 160 points you could double down on the attempt to remove OM's by taking Harpoon (130) or Iceman (150), both of which have a d20 based OM removal option that Destiny can help them out with. Their are a bunch of other d20 rolling mutants at under 160 if you want to go a different direction. Destiny boosting Magneto is pretty sick, but you could cut her to free up more points.

Cyclopes II 240
Magneto II 375
Blob or Mystique I 165..............780
Storm, X-23, Marrow are all good options at 220.......1000

Strong Guy at 215 could be an interesting pick, which would mean you swap out Blob/Mystique I for any 170 point figure if you really wanted to.

Anther good 'move' option for Cyclopes II is Archangel since he 'attacks' while moving via the d20.

Cyclopes II 240
Archangel 260
Ursa Major 320
Jean Grey 180......1000

Not sure how solid that team is, but it has some ability to move figures against their will between Jean Grey's toss and Ursa Major's throw powers.

I'm noticing that the requirement of one 300+, and one 100-195 point figure really does have an effect on army building at 1000 points.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 04:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

My favorite is Frankenstein, Dragon Man and Wendigo at 990, add a Fire Ant for 1000.
Not sure it is good enough to win but it is a lot of fun and really easy to run.

Those armies wouldn't fit the requirements of one 100-195, one 200-295, and one 300-395 point figure.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 04:44 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, it does affect the army building process. But we have used that rule a couple years now, it stops people from just taking three 300+ figures and trying to bully others. It also encourages more diverse armies; characters that aren't usually drafted become more draftable.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 04:46 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's definitely interesting. A 1,000 point army I really like (Oracle, Robin (Dick Grayson), Red Arrow, Green Arrow (Oliver Queen), Black Canary (I), Martian Manhunter (I)) allllmost meets the criteria, but there's no one in the 200 point range there.

You could swap out Black Canary for Black Bat and Robin (Dick) for Robin (Damian), but you lose Cupid's Arrow and the Daring Decoy/Acrobatic Maneuver combo that make that work well.

I'd encourage you to check out anything you can make around a Star-Lord/Robot nucleus (though the 300 point fig might be tough to fit).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 23rd, 2018, 04:50 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

Where could one find these Gen Con teams?

What's the issue with Red Skull? He sees regular play on our table and no one has ever really complained about him being OP. He is a pain to deal with, but with him it's all about closing and wounding so he has to drop the cube, or just flat out stealing the cube. I guess my biggest gripe with him is that games with him in it, tend to turn into capture the cube games.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'd give the new Cyclopes II card that just wrapped up a try. He's priced at 240 and there are several good mutant options in the 100-190 range, not as many in the 300-390 range but there are a few. You could bring a few of each and then draft the ones that present the best match-ups for you once you see who your opponent is going to be using. I would recommend Beast at 170 & Magneto II at 375, they seemed like a good team in my play tests. Throw figures next to Beast with Magneto for your attack option, then have Beast move and remove an OM.

*edit* I really like Gorgon at 300 points for that 300-390 points range. I'd stay away from Rogue at 300 though, never felt like she earned her points in any of my games so I don't use her anymore. Not a lot of other options for mutants that high, but Omega Red if you have his mini could be a nice choice and I'm told Selene at 360 is really good but I have yet to try her out myself. Also don't know much about Ursa Major at 320.

I hadn't seen the new Cyclops until today. He looks fun to play.

My big question on him would be, with regards to his Leader of the X-Men power, does that allow for Magneto to be used as the "Move" figure and still allow for him to use his throws as they don't constitute an attack?

Conversely, could Silver Samurai be used as the "Attack" figure and still use his teleportation prior to attacking since it doesn't constitute his regular move?

If they can, than that's pretty powerful and would be fun to run.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 05:06 PM
C3G Landlord

I also consider going with a different kind of Avengers based build and instead of drafting CA, go with Ms. Marvel at 350. You can then get another marker in play by taking Wasp II at 160, then you have 490 points left over for two 200-295 point figures. Lots of great options at 230-260 point range IMO,you could just draft a couple of them and pick and choose which ones to use before each game. Here are my 3 top choices at 230-260:

U.S. Agent at 230 is the top guy IMO, but I also like Blade & Venom at 230 too
Lady Deathstrike, Silver Samurai, & Winter Soldier at 240 are all good options
Flash, Psylocke, & Spider-Man are all strong pics at 250
Archangel, Fantomex, & Iron Fist would be my go to picks at 260

If you don't value the 3rd Marker and back-up bonding option Wasp II brings, I'd fill that 160 points slot with Hawkeye II or Merlyn for some range attack support, although I also really like Gorilla-Man, Swordsman, and Comedian at 160 too.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 05:06 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
What's the issue with Red Skull? He sees regular play on our table and no one has ever really complained about him being OP. He is a pain to deal with, but with him it's all about closing and wounding so he has to drop the cube, or just flat out stealing the cube. I guess my biggest gripe with him is that games with him in it, tend to turn into capture the cube games.
We've been talking about him a little bit in-sanctum; there are some concerns about the cube being so strong and whether or not it makes sense for him to be able to bring it in so cheaply. He might end up seeing a small point bump and/or the cube might be slightly moderated.

Part of it is that we want to build up Hydra a little bit and implement some more synergy for the other Masterminds, who actually could use the help, but Skull is so strong that it's hard to give the other heads of Hydra a hand without creating broken Red Skull combos.

Quote:
I hadn't seen the new Cyclops until today. He looks fun to play.

My big question on him would be, with regards to his Leader of the X-Men power, does that allow for Magneto to be used as the "Move" figure and still allow for him to use his throws as they don't constitute an attack?

Conversely, could Silver Samurai be used as the "Attack" figure and still use his teleportation prior to attacking since it doesn't constitute his regular move?

If they can, than that's pretty powerful and would be fun to run.
No to the Magneto question, yes to the Silver Samurai one.

With powers that say "Instead of moving" or "Instead of attacking", you have to be able to move/attack in order to use those powers. But "Before/After" powers just indicate timing, so those are still fair game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape