Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 30th, 2017, 02:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Batwoman

I would have said it did deal the extra wound. As far as I know MD only limits the actual attack roll result to a 1W cap, special powers that result in bonus wounds dealt after the attack roll result has been calculated are a way around MD.
Old April 30th, 2017, 02:42 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'm fine with that ruling, but we do need to retcon the Undead Resilience ruling in that case. "Bonus" wounds shouldn't count as coming from the attack for the purposes of one special power, but not for the purposes of another.
Old April 30th, 2017, 02:48 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Okay. Then it's worth noting that, in the test I posted yesterday on [redacted]'s Book, Kate would have won because the two extra wounds she'd have inflicted with Surgical Strike would have been enough to kill Selene.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 1st, 2017, 07:16 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'm fine with that ruling, but we do need to retcon the Undead Resilience ruling in that case. "Bonus" wounds shouldn't count as coming from the attack for the purposes of one special power, but not for the purposes of another.
Agreed. I do think that powers like Surgical Strike and Widow's Bite get around things like Magical Defense and Undead Resilience. At least clearly in the case of MD, as that limits the attack to one wound, but the other powers trigger after the attack and wounds are received. Undead Resilience may just be a dice-off, as they trigger at the same time, I think.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 20th, 2017, 08:42 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Bulletproof Suit is a really cool idea that you enacted really elegantly here! Nice.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 20th, 2017, 11:14 AM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Bulletproof Suit is a really cool idea that you enacted really elegantly here! Nice.
That one's an awesome @Margloth suggestion actually. I had some initial reluctance, but I really like the way it came out!

Old May 25th, 2017, 03:42 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

My question is this (sorry if it's beating a dead horse), but why do we have to put a label on her? We don't point out that every heterosexual character is heterosexual, because it really has nothing to do with gameplay or the game. How is this different? And as someone who works with children, I strongly espouse that it should be up to the parents when they have a conversation about sexuality with their children, not C3G. I would strongly advise to just remove the reference all together because of that. If it wasn't in the OP, no big deal, but if people (children) will read any parts of this thread, it's the OP containing the cards and synergies.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old May 25th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

While I'm normally in favor of not making a big deal out of labels (and this is coming from a gay man), there are two points that I feel you're missing:
1) Batwoman's sexuality is a defining aspect of her character and origin story. Cutting it out of her bio would be like cutting Krypton out of Superman's bio, or Punisher's family out of his bio.
2) The problem with saying "let's be careful about LGBQT content around children" is that it creates an implication that LGBQT is inherently more sexually-themed/adult in contrast with heterosexual relationships (which children are commonly exposed to), except it's not. If we're exposing children to the idea of romantic relationships/falling in love/dating/marrying/etc., which most children are from pretty early on, why should it be limited to heterosexual relationships? You can just as easily discuss dating (for example) in the context of a homosexual relationship as you can a heterosexual one, without having to discuss anything directly relating to sex. This small difference of representation can create a negative view of LGBQT, which could be particularly harmful if one of those same children you're "shielding" turns out to be LGBQT.

My .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old May 25th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
My question is this (sorry if it's beating a dead horse), but why do we have to put a label on her? We don't point out that every heterosexual character is heterosexual, because it really has nothing to do with gameplay or the game. How is this different? And as someone who works with children, I strongly espouse that it should be up to the parents when they have a conversation about sexuality with their children, not C3G. I would strongly advise to just remove the reference all together because of that. If it wasn't in the OP, no big deal, but if people (children) will read any parts of this thread, it's the OP containing the cards and synergies.
Because it seems to be directly and strongly relevant to the character - and though you say you don't label straight characters that way, and while you don't all the time, when it's been relevant, it happens extremely often by implication - Cyclops and Jean reference being in a relationship, same with Green Arrow and Black Canary. The Wasp's second bio references her being shallow and commenting on the attractiveness of male Avengers to irritate Hank (which seems much less relevant than this), and Iron Man MkI's says hilariously, and I quote, 'Tony Stark is not a complicated man; he likes speed, girls, weapons, girls, making money, girls, and things that go boom. Oh, and he likes girls.' - and that's just a few. If it's relevant to the character, it should go in the bio, and based on what I've heard, it's massively relevant, and directly contributed to her becoming Batwoman. I don't think it needs to be done for every LGBT character, as it hasn't always been necessary - I know that Pied Piper and Mystique are apparently LGBT, but it not being in their bios isn't a problem - but when it's relevant enough an event or relationship that it would be mentioned if the character were straight, then I feel it should be.
And, as a gay woman myself, I find it genuinely hurtful that LGBT people should be considered something that needs to be hidden away. Really, how is homosexuality different from heterosexuality, unless it's been specifically made so? We're not talking about anything actually directly sexual here, and heterosexual relationships are portrayed all the time with no sense of concern - why should gay ones be any different? And this wouldn't be the first time C3G's done it anyway - Obsidian's and Northstar's bios both reference their sexuality, and Destiny's says simply that she and Mystique fell in love, which I actually think is beautiful for how simply and normally it's treated there, even if that bio does have pathetically undisguised Sherlock Holmes references (I mean seriously, Irene Adler? Consulting detective? Try harder Marvel). The only reason things like this are deemed different or seedy is because society has decided they should be, and it is nothing but harmful. And while we're on the topic of what's suitable for children, Huntress and Starfire's bios reference them being raped, the former when she was six years old. If we're happy leaving reference to such horrific acts up, but then consider the concept of a woman loving another woman inappropriate enough to censor, what kind of message are we sending out then? IMO, a straight-up (no pun intended) bigoted one, even if that isn't the intent.

~ Lazy Orang, who wishes she could someday live in a world where LGBT people are not considered shameful, dirty and unfit for the eyes of children. Seems we aren't there quite yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
While I'm normally in favor of not making a big deal out of labels (and this is coming from a gay man), there are two points that I feel you're missing:
1) Batwoman's sexuality is a defining aspect of her character and origin story. Cutting it out of her bio would be like cutting Krypton out of Superman's bio, or Punisher's family out of his bio.
2) The problem with saying "let's be careful about LGBQT content around children" is that it creates an implication that LGBQT is inherently more sexually-themed/adult in contrast with heterosexual relationships (which children are commonly exposed to), except it's not. If we're exposing children to the idea of romantic relationships/falling in love/dating/marrying/etc., which most children are from pretty early on, why should it be limited to heterosexual relationships? You can just as easily discuss dating (for example) in the context of a homosexual relationship as you can a heterosexual one, without having to discuss anything directly relating to sex. This small difference of representation can create a negative view of LGBQT, which could be particularly harmful if one of those same children you're "shielding" turns out to be LGBQT.

My .
'd. This is exactly what I wanted to say, only you said it better, Point 2 especially. I've long despised the implication that LGBT+ relationships are inherently more sexual/seedy/inappropriate. Thank you Viegon.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 25th, 2017, 01:44 PM

I don't want to remove it for a number of reasons:

1. There's nothing inherently shameful and wrong about it. Censoring any references to her sexuality implies otherwise and is harmful to LGBTQA people, including children.

2. How the hell is noon-heterosexuality an issue for kids to see, but violence and murder are A-OK? We didn't censor the murder of Batman's parents.

3. Kate's sexuality is directly tied to her origin. Without it, you're missing a major part of her motivation.

4. Can we stop pretending this site keeps a G rating? Heterosexual innuendo gets posted about constantly and no one ever complains. Plus, any children not already exposed to homosexual relationships in today's world are extremely sheltered.

Last edited by TrollBrute; May 25th, 2017 at 04:10 PM.
Old May 25th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post

1. There's nothing inherently shameful and wrong about it. Censoring any references to her sexuality implies otherwise and is harmful to LGBTQA people, including children.

W. How the hell is noon-heterosexuality an issue for kids to see, but violence and murder are A-OK? We didn't censor the murder of Batman's parents.

3. Kate's sexuality is directly tied to her origin. Without it, you're missing a major part of her motivation.

4. Can we stop pretending this site keeps a G rating? Heterosexual innuendo gets posted about constantly and no one ever complains. Plus, any children not already exposed to homosexual relationships in today's world are extremely sheltered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscapers
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to TrollBrute again.
Thank you, sir.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 25th, 2017, 04:03 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post

Quote:
W. How the hell is noon-heterosexuality an issue for kids to see, but violence and murder are A-OK? We didn't censor the murder of Batman's parents.
Noon Heterosexuality is fine. Heterosexuality at any other time of day is sick and wrong!

Quote:
Exactly. She was kicked out of the Armed Forces because of her sexuality. Being kicked out led to her becoming Batwoman. If she was straight, she wouldn't be Batwoman.

Quote:
This is extremely true. I didn't even realize I was Bi until my last year because of all this heteronormativity in our society. My parents are hard religious right-wingers, and I never even heard the words homosexual or gay until I was around 12 or 13. Because of that, I didn't even think I was anything other than straight, despite the evidence to the contrary. Namely girl and boy crushes in my childhood, although boy crushes were repressed to the point of me thinking I just wanted to be friends. It would have helped me a lot when I was a kid if I knew what I was. Then, whenever anyone bullied me by calling m gay, I probably would have just said "well, you're not entirely wrong" and walked away instead of letting it get on my nerves.

Besides, If you people can have a conversation about Arkham's Man-Thing that lasts almost 3 pages, then this isn't a G-rated site

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library