Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

View Poll Results: How Many Hexes will you be mailing to Hasbro/WotC?
1 hex to each company 80 74.07%
2 hexes to each company (4 total) 15 13.89%
5 hexes to each company (10 total) 3 2.78%
10 hexes to each (20 total) 3 2.78%
24 hexes to each (48 total) 1 0.93%
49-100 hexes total 0 0%
101-200 hexes total 2 1.85%
Sending figures, glyphs, OM's, etc. to each instead/as well 15 13.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 7th, 2010, 02:56 AM

Cigarman has disabled reputation
Re: "Bring It Back" Participation Confirmation Poll

Link to this poll is now on the OP for the "Send a Hex, Bring it back!" protest.

Now if we can only get Truth to post a link to the OP on the front page.

Cigarman

Join the BRING IT BACK! campaign. We're inundating WotC with hexes! D-Day is 11/16.
Old November 7th, 2010, 08:21 AM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

I'm sending 2 sand two-hexers to each company. A mailed in indiviual envelopes. (I'm a teenager and all my money is going to buy scape. I can't afford shipping for boxes.)
Old November 7th, 2010, 09:24 AM

I LIKE PI! Woo who?

If my brother is okay with it, I will send in 51 double hexes, 13 single hexes, and a double-spaced figure base.

3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307.. .
Advocating for TSA as KC did for Runa.
Old November 7th, 2010, 09:55 AM

Blatimus knows what's in an order marker Blatimus knows what's in an order marker

We still have plenty of time to get the word out. There are pockets of fans everywhere. I've got a post out to the Artists on http://heroscapers.deviantart.com/ pointing them to the "Bring it Back" post.
Old November 7th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LIKE PI! View Post
If my brother is okay with it, I will send in 51 double hexes, 13 single hexes, and a double-spaced figure base.
Make sure you send them in different packages. The number of hexes means nothing. It's the size of the box that matters.
Old November 7th, 2010, 12:36 PM

land.scape is surprisingly tart

Perhaps if Truth could send an e-mail message to all HS'rs, people who haven't been on the site in a while will get on board with the campaign. Awareness is just as crucial as participation.

Course, if there's a chance Hasbro will sell the license then maybe the message should be to either bring the game back or sell it to keep it alive.

Good trades: Just_A_Bill x3, Gypsy x2, Django, outforblood, eternaldream, Gromazeka, Sup3rS0n1c, jordy40 x2, BobofDeath's Dad, CheddarLimbo, delphic, Jesusfreak13, Tysac, GeneralRolando, Frylock.
Old November 7th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is a very poorly done poll. Your assuming that everyone thinks that it is a good idea and will participate. You didn't include a single option for people not participating. A better pool would of been something like:

1. Sending 1 or 2 hexes
2. Sending more than 2 hexes
3. I think it's a good idea but I'm not participating
4. I don't think this is a good idea and we should do somethng else instead.
5. I am happy that WotC is is not producing Heroscape any more.

I for one would vote 4 on this one. I may decide to send a hex after all but why should I have to spend money on a company that doesn't want me anyway? Especially since it is very likely to do no good at all. I've said it before that there are much better options that don't cost a penny but will be much more effective. Mainly the one about using the BBB. I don't understand why my point continues to get ignored and people want to do this anyway. I'm not saying don't do it but if you do, don't expect results. If you file a BBB report you are much more likely to have a result. I think the most effective way is to do both. Anyone that does the Hex thing, even if your sending in 30 or 40 hex, your really doing nothing but hurting yourself if you don't file a BBB report. If you really want to save Heroscape the file the BBB report or do both.

While I'm on that rant repeating what I've already said, may as well repeat what I already said and everyone ignored about the petition. a petition is pointless if it only has fake names. A petition with 50 real names means so much more than a petition with 10,000 fake names. Nobody posting in the current petition has done any good. Nobody has signed a real petition as far as I know. I haven't but I'm willing to. I did put my name on the fack, pointless petition but I know it means nothing.

I'll probably get ignored again or even get Neg rep but it's time to face the truth.
Old November 7th, 2010, 05:12 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
This is a very poorly done poll. Your assuming that everyone thinks that it is a good idea and will participate. You didn't include a single option for people not participating. A better pool would of been something like:

1. Sending 1 or 2 hexes
2. Sending more than 2 hexes
3. I think it's a good idea but I'm not participating
4. I don't think this is a good idea and we should do somethng else instead.
5. I am happy that WotC is is not producing Heroscape any more.

I for one would vote 4 on this one. I may decide to send a hex after all but why should I have to spend money on a company that doesn't want me anyway? Especially since it is very likely to do no good at all. I've said it before that there are much better options that don't cost a penny but will be much more effective. Mainly the one about using the BBB. I don't understand why my point continues to get ignored and people want to do this anyway. I'm not saying don't do it but if you do, don't expect results. If you file a BBB report you are much more likely to have a result. I think the most effective way is to do both. Anyone that does the Hex thing, even if your sending in 30 or 40 hex, your really doing nothing but hurting yourself if you don't file a BBB report. If you really want to save Heroscape the file the BBB report or do both.

While I'm on that rant repeating what I've already said, may as well repeat what I already said and everyone ignored about the petition. a petition is pointless if it only has fake names. A petition with 50 real names means so much more than a petition with 10,000 fake names. Nobody posting in the current petition has done any good. Nobody has signed a real petition as far as I know. I haven't but I'm willing to. I did put my name on the fack, pointless petition but I know it means nothing.

I'll probably get ignored again or even get Neg rep but it's time to face the truth.
Well to begin with the poll: I designed it to reflect the count of people who will be participating & number of mailings we expect to send. I wasn't intending to count the people who are not participating or anyone's opinion on Cigarman's "Bring It Back" campaign. So yes I was assuming that if you are going to use this poll that you are taking part in "Bring It Back." I'll agree the poll isn't the most thoroughly thought out for what it was intended to do, but I wouldn't say "very poorly done."

As for the BBB & the petition, you may be correct but that isn't really the focus of this particular thread.

And no, I wouldn't Neg Rep you for your opinion (even if it is here in the wrong context,) that's not what Neg Rep is for.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Last edited by Carnival Man; November 7th, 2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: dang typos & added a few words
Old November 7th, 2010, 05:47 PM

AgentDex Woo who?

I am not sure about the effectiveness of this Mail in a Hex campaign.
But it does seem pretty funny and it will probably make some people feel better to send a message to WotC/Hasbro. I agree with the people saying we shouldn't rush into this and really plan it out to make it more huge. This month we should focus on playing with D3.

I place the blame on Hasbro rather than WotC though. Heroscape was already being phased out before Wotc took over, and I am glad they gave us a really awesome year of 3 Waves and a Master Set. I am glad the game got to go out with a blaze of glory, with a bunch of new units, and 1 more wave "for the road".

I don't really understand getting BBB involved just because they are not producing our game. They can cancel all of their games tomorrow.
It is their Intellectual Property.

This sort of thing happens with products and games.
Ripping up Magic cards, and blaming it as the death of Heroscape is really lame. Magic is WotC. Magic pulled them out of the basement into a company. Magic is their Flagship game and the reason they exist. It always has been, I think they would rather kill D&D before Magic.
Expecting the game they were handed by Hasbro to take as high as a priority as Magic is absurd.

Heroscape will come back in print one way or another eventually.
There is just too much potential for this brilliant system. They might just need a bit of time to regroup and decide how they are going to re-market this game. Until then, It will be interesting to see what kind of things people here will come up with.

It's nice to know I am not the only adult addicted to buying and playing with plastic miniatures.
Old November 7th, 2010, 06:55 PM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentDex View Post
I am not sure about the effectiveness of this Mail in a Hex campaign.
But it does seem pretty funny and it will probably make some people feel better to send a message to WotC/Hasbro. I agree with the people saying we shouldn't rush into this and really plan it out to make it more huge. This month we should focus on playing with D3.

I place the blame on Hasbro rather than WotC though. Heroscape was already being phased out before Wotc took over, and I am glad they gave us a really awesome year of 3 Waves and a Master Set. I am glad the game got to go out with a blaze of glory, with a bunch of new units, and 1 more wave "for the road".

I don't really understand getting BBB involved just because they are not producing our game. They can cancel all of their games tomorrow.
It is their Intellectual Property.

This sort of thing happens with products and games.
Ripping up Magic cards, and blaming it as the death of Heroscape is really lame. Magic is WotC. Magic pulled them out of the basement into a company. Magic is their Flagship game and the reason they exist. It always has been, I think they would rather kill D&D before Magic.
Expecting the game they were handed by Hasbro to take as high as a priority as Magic is absurd.

Heroscape will come back in print one way or another eventually.
There is just too much potential for this brilliant system. They might just need a bit of time to regroup and decide how they are going to re-market this game. Until then, It will be interesting to see what kind of things people here will come up with.
I mostly agree. I for one won't be throwing away my hard won hexes that are so g____n expensive to get posted over.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old November 8th, 2010, 04:58 PM

Bolo knows what's in an order marker Bolo knows what's in an order marker

I will be sending 1 to each address.

If a chicken and a 1/2, can lay an egg and a 1/2 in a day and a 1/2, how long would it take a grasshopper with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a cucumber?
Old November 11th, 2010, 02:36 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Added photo to first post...

Anyone else want to take some quick pics before you pack & mail your hexes? Post them in the main thread or here...maybe it'll inspire others before the deadline.

And don't forget to vote if you are participating!

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Last edited by Carnival Man; November 11th, 2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: moved photo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News