Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 1st, 2007, 06:15 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
"Zombies Attack!" Scenario

While I'm still very much a noob to HeroScape, I'd like to share a rough idea I have for a (potentially) fun scenario involving the newly released Zombie figures.

Basically, you'd run it as a 1v1 or 1v2/3/4 scenario. One player (we'll call him the evil player) controls a HUGE horde of Zombies that start out placed all over the map. The key part of the map is a large hill in the center of the map, which is also the starting point of the game for the heroes (the rest of the players who will be facing this Zombie horde). From this hill, heroes have to fight their way down and through a mass of Zombies to reach any of four safe zones which will be set at each corner of the map to score points. You can also score points via Zombie kills.

That's basically the gist of this game type. You can alter or change a lot of things about the scenario to make it work best for your group. The main focus of this scenario will need to be finding a good strong map layout that keeps the gameplay fun and doesn't allow the uber strong ranged units to easily pluck away at the Zombie hordes. You could also, conversely, make this a melee only scenario to make things tougher or a squad melee only map.

I'm dying to try this out but for now, it'll have to remain an idea only since I only have two boxes of Zombies. Le Sigh.

Old May 1st, 2007, 06:22 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Hey, someone else who says *le sigh*! And has two packs of Zombies! We're like twins!

*gives Wytefang a high-five*

Nice username, by the way.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 08:07 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Annerios had the first "Zombie Island" idea, which I quickly robbed, modified, and made my own. There's a link to my map's thread in my sig line.

Also, we played a 4-player version of my "Zombie Island" at a DFW gameday this last saturday that lasted almost 3 hours. 4 players might be a little much.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 02:17 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I made this map with Dawn of Darkness first came out:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=145736#158778

What we ended up doing was simple. The green starting zone was for players 2-4 but each of those players only got a single, medium hero. Player 1 played as the entire zombie horde. The heroes really had to work together to stay alive for those most part. Getting inside the buildings and securing the indoors was crucial. Once inside they got to snipe for quite a while, but stopping the zombies from getting the doors open proved pretty fun.

Actually the most fun I had with it was just two players. I took Johnny against the zombies in a sort of Resident Evil 4 situation. I think the key is giving the "survivors" heroes instead of the option for squads so they're attacks per turn are limited and every shot has to count.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 12:33 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Hey, someone else who says *le sigh*! And has two packs of Zombies! We're like twins!

*gives Wytefang a high-five*

Nice username, by the way.
Thanks for the kind words, Master Johnny139. :: High Fives Back ::

About my screen name - my mother, (who passed away 7 years ago from brain cancer), originally suggested it and I liked it so much back in the day (94) that I never changed it. After she died, I couldn't bear to change it, of course.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 12:36 AM
Messy Eater

About these other cool Zombie scenarios - "Ack!" It would appear that I've been scooped already!! Cool stuff, guys! Can't wait to try these ideas out!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios