Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 15th, 2009, 01:22 PM

CyberClaw16 Woo who?
Thumbs up Guard Towers Idea

Hey everyone, I'm still quite new to Heroscape but I really think it would be great to get more creative with the landscapes. So far it's just really generic stuff like tree, road, water, castle, etc. They should form guard tower expansions for each team. For example Ullar should be an elves tree with ornamental globes and twisting branches and Einar maybe colorful pagodas, and aquilla maybe a hollow swamp tree. You could see a little figure in the tower with a bow and arrow or a gun. The height could be like 15 or 16 and take up only 1 hex space. The army cards for the towers would be something like this.

Life 3
Move 0
Range 7
Attack 3
Defense 3

Double Attack
, when you attack with this tower, you may attack an additional time.

When this character is destroyed it may not be removed from the battle field, but may no longer attack or have order markers on it.
Old August 15th, 2009, 01:29 PM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Guard Towers Idea

I actually like the idea and I think it's very clever! The only problem that I have is that I think it's to high. 15-16 levels tall for a single space is just asking to tip over. I think you should either increase the amount of spaces or, lower the height. Still, great idea.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 09:50 AM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

I really like this idea too. Just think it'd be better to have the guard tower be a destructible object with an open space to put a figure. That way it wouldn't be part of the drafting process to pick out a figure which would need to be incorporated into the map. Also, either side could use that Destructible Object throughout the game.

Maybe the set would come with a default guard figure to use in the tower?

This guy makes some crazy awesome custom towers and landscape
Old October 3rd, 2010, 10:22 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Given the limits of what terrain we have available, you can make quite nice guard towers and suchlike fortifications by using the castle battlements hooked onto relatively low normal terrain hexes. In the past, besides isolated hill forts or connected ones with battlement walls beneath them leading to other towers, I've built things like a maze, a secret mad scientist laboratory, and all kinds of structures, besides castle type buldings themselves. Castle battlements are your friends...
Old October 3rd, 2010, 10:47 AM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Given the limits of what terrain we have available, you can make quite nice guard towers and suchlike fortifications by using the castle battlements hooked onto relatively low normal terrain hexes. In the past, besides isolated hill forts or connected ones with battlement walls beneath them leading to other towers, I've built things like a maze, a secret mad scientist laboratory, and all kinds of structures, besides castle type buldings themselves. Castle battlements are your friends...
Not to get off-topic, but do you have pictures of said maze(s)?

Back on topic, guard towers would be nice as a destructible object. That way, as Good Pig said, either team could use them and not take up drafting points. I think a three-hex tower would be neat, but it'd take the place of single castle walls. You can stick those anywhere, add a wall walk and a ladder, and a guard tower appears. Of course, they stay there forever, but a house rule could remedy that .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion