Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 13th, 2016, 08:23 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Love seeing Bullock get some play.
Same here. I was thinking of giving a go at my first attempt at a squad, I was going to try The Jokerz from Batman Beyond. I was also thinking of making the group spate but have synergy.

Old February 13th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
If you're considering a third power at all, Shakedown off of the Bad Cops might actually fit him pretty well. (edit: on that last point - I think Loose Cannon and Shakedown could actually both fit, though, and represent different aspects of his personality).
Loose Cannon and Shakedown both work to a certain extent, but I don't like that having both would let him attack 4 times on an OM.
Fair point. You're burning an extra OM to do it, but I agree that 4 attacks in a row does seem excessive for the character on a thematic level.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 14th, 2016, 12:32 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Love seeing Bullock get some play.
Same here. I was thinking of giving a go at my first attempt at a squad, I was going to try The Jokerz from Batman Beyond. I was also thinking of making the group spate but have synergy.
Well we do have Batman Beyond...might as well give him someone to fight.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 14th, 2016, 02:15 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Jokerz, maybe Blight and Inque and you'd have a pretty cool release. Beyond Evil maybe?

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old February 14th, 2016, 02:25 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, I've thought about those guys. They'd definitely be cool to see in C3G. Shame there are no minis.
Old February 14th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Yeah, I've thought about those guys. They'd definitely be cool to see in C3G. Shame there are no minis.
Put the head of Doctor Phosphorus on the body of Black Mask and you have a decent Blight. Inque is tough, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 14th, 2016, 11:28 AM

DC4life is surprisingly tart

You can use the shadow thief from the Origins set with a female head
Old February 14th, 2016, 01:20 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

It would be cool.

Last edited by Midgieboy3; February 14th, 2016 at 11:42 PM.
Old February 15th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Deadpool set.
Its model numbers and name are #038 / Copycat.
NAME = COPYCAT
SECRET IDENTITY = VANESSA CARLYSLE

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = CHARMING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 200?

INCOGNITO
When Copycat is adjacent to an opponent's small or medium figure, all opponents' figures must be adjacent to Copycat to attack her. Copycat may attack non-adjacent figures when she is engaged.

POWER MIMICRY 13
At the beginning of Copycat's turn, you may choose an adjacent Unique Hero. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, for the rest of Copycat's turn you may use any special powers on the chosen figure's Army Card, except powers that can only be used once per round or game. If the special power refers to the chosen figure or the chosen figure's card, it refers to Copycat or Copycat's card instead.
Bio - Vanessa led a harsh life as a result of her mutant abilities, but she eventually found happiness when she met and fell in love with the mercenary known as Wade Wilson. Unfortunately, Wade left Vanessa after he discovered that he had cancer. Vanessa became a mercenary herself, and was reunited with Wade (who now went by Deadpool) when they were both hired to attack Cable's X-Force team. Copycat and Deadpool were at odds for some time, but they eventually reconciled.

Their resumed relationship came to another tragic end when Deadpool was contracted to kill her. Wade refused, and defended Copycat from the other assassins hired for the same job, but he was unable to protect her from Sabretooth. Vanessa seemingly died in Wade's arms. However, it has recently been revealed that Vanessa survived by copying Deadpool's healing power. After seeing that Wade had come to terms with her death and found new loves, Vanessa decided not to re-enter his life, but did secretly watch over him for a time.
Deadpool just crushed all kinds of box office records, so it seemed like as good a time as any to put up a Deadpool design. Power-wise, Meggan + Mystique isn't too far off for Copycat. Originally I was shooting for something a little more like a version of Impersonate that incorporated the power mimicry aspects, but it was awkward and introduced some power-level concerns, so I scaled back a little bit.

Last edited by Ronin; February 16th, 2016 at 09:22 PM.
Old February 25th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

NAME = BATMAN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = REVOLUTIONARY
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

UTILITY BELT 2
At the start of the game, after Order Markers are placed and before initiative is rolled, you may place up to two Utility Equipment Glyphs of different types on this card. Batman can equip a Utility Equipment Glyph even if there are other Utility Equipment Glyphs on this card, up to a maximum of 2. Batman cannot lose these Equipment Glyphs by any means unless he is destroyed.

VENGEFUL RETRIBUTION
Start the game with 1 black Retribution Marker on this card. If a friendly figure within clear sight of Batman is destroyed by an opponent's attack, you may place your Retribution Marker on the attacking figure's card. When a numbered Order Marker is revealed on the card with your Retribution Marker, you may immediately move Batman up to 3 spaces. When moving with Vengeful Retribution, Batman is never attacked when leaving engagements. When Batman attacks a figure with your Retribution Marker on its card with a normal attack, all blanks rolled count as skulls. If a figure with your Retribution Marker on its card is destroyed, place the marker back on this card.

DYING FREE
Any time an opponent would take temporary or permanent control of Batman, you may instead destroy Batman and roll an unblockable attack die against each figure adjacent to the space Batman previously occupied.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old February 25th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Symbiotic

Nice! I like the direction, but I feel like the retribution power is over-complicated (and also a little on the strong side). It also feels unthematic to me. In Red Son, Batman doesn't constantly swap out causes, and he's not really motivated by teammates' deaths.

I'd recommend streamlining down to something like Hush's Vendetta power, a simple stat boost against a single chosen figure. And if not that, I was thinking it would be cool to show off his tactical abilities, and do something like this (taking some inspiration from his plan to stop Supes):

Quote:
EXPLOITED WEAKNESS
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero. Once per game, when the chosen Hero ends its move within 3 clear sight spaces of Batman, you may immediately reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. For the rest of the round, the chosen Hero cannot use any special powers on its Army Card.
And a quick rewrite of Dying Free (really like this power), to eliminate the space adjacency language.

Quote:
DYING FREE
Any time an opponent would take temporary or permanent control of Batman, you may instead roll an unblockable attack die against each figure adjacent to Batman, one at a time, and then destroy Batman.
Old February 25th, 2016, 11:30 PM
Never Forgets

Quote:
Nice! I like the direction, but I feel like the retribution power is over-complicated (and also a little on the strong side). It also feels unthematic to me. In Red Son, Batman doesn't constantly swap out causes, and he's not really motivated by teammates' deaths.

I'd recommend streamlining down to something like Hush's Vendetta power, a simple stat boost against a single chosen figure. And if not that, I was thinking it would be cool to show off his tactical abilities, and do something like this (taking some inspiration from his plan to stop Supes):

Quote:
EXPLOITED WEAKNESS
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero. Once per game, when the chosen Hero ends its move within 3 clear sight spaces of Batman, you may immediately reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. For the rest of the round, the chosen Hero cannot use any special powers on its Army Card.
Keep in mind he'd not only be the only Batman without a combat related ability, but in Red Son, he's SUPER hard to catch, and he's got almost the whole world chasing after him. Also this Batman is much more ruthless than Earth 0 Batman. Earth 30 Batman has no problem killing, but wanted to lock Superman in a red sunlamp filled bunker to let him eventually starve and die. Plus, everything Batman did to Superman was so that he could get to Pyotr next, and he even assured his lobotomy with his last words. While the ability runs on the powerful side, it does require the death of at least 1 figure you control, and the benefit only works for one figure. I can see making it a once per game power though, with a little simplification. I do like your suggestion though.

Quote:
And a quick rewrite of Dying Free (really like this power), to eliminate the space adjacency language.

Quote:
DYING FREE
Any time an opponent would take temporary or permanent control of Batman, you may instead roll an unblockable attack die against each figure adjacent to Batman, one at a time, and then destroy Batman.
I like it. I forgot about the whole space adjacency issue a while back.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy