Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 9th, 2008, 08:40 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Tournament Folks, Remember Your Cartographers!

As I peruse the Events section, it warms the cockles of my little heart to see the Battlefields of Valhalla well-represented in the map pools. It's quite an extensive process to get a map from conception to induction and this effort is a testament to a lot of people's love and dedication to the game!

You see, some folks are great a building armies. Some are good at organizing events. Some are great at the strategy of the game. And then there's those of us who never quite grew out of Legos and for us, the fun is the map-making. We call ourselves Cartographers as a nod to that great tradition.

What I'm here to ask of the Tournament Directors and Attendees (in my own belabored way) is to take a peek in the Maps & Scenarios section, or the downloads section, every now and then and see if something jumps out at you. There's some folks 'round these parts who regularly share their excellent ideas and get little or no feedback.

So if you do happen to look, and you do happen to pick someone's map, please let them know! And more importantly, let them know how it played out in practice for the tourney and even in the tourney itself. We're mostly a humble lot and we warmly accept your constructive ideas.

It's the only way any of us are going to get better, and by extension, make the game better.

For your perusal, here's an offering of map threads of all the active BoV inductees and some others, my favorite tournament map cartographers:

Browncoat's Maps

Ch1can0's Maps for 1 MS

Dignan's Maps

GameBear's Maps

GaryLASQ's MOPs and Maps

Jonathan's Maps Thread

Kahrma's Maps

Nadi's Maps Thread

R˙chean's Maps

Soul Shackle's Maps

UPC's Maps - Revisited

yagyuninja's Maps

And for completeness' sake, Velenne's Tournament Maps and Fun Scenarios

We cartographers thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Old May 9th, 2008, 01:10 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Tournament Folks, Remember Your Cartographers!

Thanks for posting this Velenne. I just wanted to echo your comments. Feedback is great for a mapmaker. When I create maps, I play with a group of 4 guys or so. It's always good to hear from a larger pool of people. So, if you (as a tournament director) use someone's map, I would encourage you to post in their map thread and describe how the map played and was received.
Old May 19th, 2008, 10:55 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Tournament Folks, Remember Your Cartographers!

...because I feel strongly about this message and hope tournament organizers and participants start working more closely with established cartographers to create the most fair and exciting tournaments possible.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events