Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 21st, 2008, 10:37 PM

nerdcorerocks has disabled reputation
Roman Legion Stickers

Hi all. I just acquired 5 sets of the Romans, and I noticed something about the stickers. Most of them are starting to peel at the edges. This is precisely what the stickers on my BattleMasters figures have done. What is the best kind of glue to make sure that these bad boys stay on for good?
Old January 21st, 2008, 11:20 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Roman Legion Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcorerocks
Hi all. I just acquired 5 sets of the Romans, and I noticed something about the stickers. Most of them are starting to peel at the edges. This is precisely what the stickers on my BattleMasters figures have done. What is the best kind of glue to make sure that these bad boys stay on for good?
Clear nail polish? Purely theory, here, not actual practice.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old January 21st, 2008, 11:33 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I was gonna say the same thing...clear nail polish would definitely work...try and find one that is odor free.
Old January 21st, 2008, 11:42 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My Romans were in German... go figure. Even the glyph was in German. Fortunately, they also sent the english version of the cards, though defense is spelled "defence" and "combat dice" is called "battle die", the card was different tints of the same colors, and ALL the writing is in black.

If my USB ports worked I would post.
Old January 21st, 2008, 11:55 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle
My Romans were in German... go figure. Even the glyph was in German. Fortunately, they also sent the english version of the cards, though defense is spelled "defence" and "combat dice" is called "battle die", the card was different tints of the same colors, and ALL the writing is in black.

If my USB ports worked I would post.

You want to trade me those cards?
Old January 22nd, 2008, 08:38 AM

well before i put a clear coat over the stickers, i have to first make sure that they're smoothly pressed down. what kind of glue should i use to "paint" underneath the peeling stickers to make sure they're pressed down tightly again. Also, do any other heroscapers have this problem with their romans?
Old January 22nd, 2008, 08:46 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
This earlier thread also discusses the problem and possible solutions .
Old January 22nd, 2008, 09:10 AM

thanks Revdyer. no one really had a definite solution there though. and it's not just because the stickers weren't pressed properly in the manufacturing process. while most of the corners of the stickers can (probably temporarily) be re-pressed, there are a few that are refusing to stick at all. you can tell that the adhesive is no longer active in those peeling spots.

i saw suggestions for spray adhesive glue, but has anyone tried this with success? i don't see how i could do this without making a huge mess.

i can't believe that this is a rare occurrence. stickers on plastic can only last for so long... any other suggestions out there?
Old January 22nd, 2008, 09:21 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I, personally, would use a small amount of plain old Elmer's glue applied under the stickers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion