Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old April 30th, 2012, 10:30 AM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Volcanic set info here. White Knight making rule book.

White Knight has graciously volunteered to create the rule book for us. I'll be posting the various things he needs here. Everyone should feel free to suggest changes, corrections and what not and/or additions. Once completed rule book will be public domain posted here and should be available for free download on our site as well.

The idea behind this set is armies are playing on a battle field where a Volcano is erupting and spewing large chunks of molten lava which lands and creates more terrain. Because each turn terrain will be added the battlefield will be dynamic and in constant change.

MSRP $44.99
Set Contents (note that everything can be bought separately on our site).

Base Mat Lava rock 3 x 2
Large Volcanic vent (7 hex)
x2 Small volcanic with fire
16 Custom Lava field 1 hex tiles
15 Custom Lava field 2 hex tiles
6 Custom Lava field 3 hex tiles
4 Custom Lava field 7 hex tiles

Scenario name “Death from above” (if anyone has a better name I’m open)

The concept:
Armies are fighting on a battlefield where the volcanic vent is constantly erupting. Each eruption leaves new terrain on the battlefield making it ever changing and evolving.

(If you want to add some flavor as to why the armies choose here to fight that would be great….maybe a hidden artifact or something but it has no effect on the game).

Special rules

Base level of the mat does not cause lava damage and has no special movement rules.

Any figure that moves into a hex adjacent to a small vent or within 2 hexes of a Large vent must roll a combat die. If a skull is rolled then that figure takes 1 damage. This need only be rolled once per figure in a turn.

Before play designate someone as “Player One” by rolling a d20. This position means nothing and gives no advantage to either player. It’s solely used to determine where molten lava reigns down for the rest of the game.

The large volcanic vent (7 hex) should be centered as best possible on the 3x2 volcanic vent map. The top spot above player number 1 is designated “12 o’clock” and each of the 12 squares around it correspond to hours on a clock.

Player #1 places a small volcanic vent anywhere on the map. Next, Player #2 does the same. Using the Terrain placement rules (following) Player #1 places a 1 hex lava field followed by Player 2. Continue the same using 2 hex, 3 hex and finally 7 hex pieces. This is the starting terrain in the game (don’t worry, a lot more will be added!)

Terrain Placement rules

During the game lava field tiles will rain down on the battlefield. Each TURN when a player reveals his order marker that player immediately determines the next lava field tile to be placed. Note that any units that have powers that effect die rolls do NOT have an effect on this roll. The size of the tile to be placed is equal in number of hexes to the turn marker (ie turn one is 1 hex, turn 2 is 2 hex and turn 3 is 3 hex).

The player who revealed the order marker rolls a d20 to indicate “start” hex and direction for the lava. . If higher than 12 is rolled, roll again until a 1-12 is rolled (if you have a d12 handy you can just use this). The start hex is equal to the number rolled on the die’s corresponding position on a clock face adjacent to the large volcanic vent. For example if a 6 is rolled then it will be the space closest to player number 1 adjacent to the large volcanic vent. After the start hex is determined the player rolls and consults the table below to find how far out to place the lava field.

1-2 1 hex out
3-4 2 hexes out
5-8 3 hexes out
9-12 4 hexes out
13-14 5 hexes out
15-16 6 hexes out
17-18 7 hexes out
19-20 8 hexes out

To place the lava field tile the player counts from the starting hex and places the tile that many squares further out. Each count must be further from the Large volcanic vent. For example if the start is 5 o’clock and a 12 is rolled (4 hexes out) the player counts 4 hexes each of which must be further from the Large Vent. This is the “landing hex”. The player then can place the piece any way he wishes as long as one of the pieces hexes are on that spot. If it’s different heights, then each area under gains one in height. For example it’s order marker #2 and the player finds he can place his 2 lava piece 4 spots out. The “landing” area is height 4 but everything around it is 3. The player determines where he wants it to go and the Landing spot now is height 5 and the chosen adjacent spot is now 4 (and all the non chosen remain 3).
If a newly placed lava field piece lands on a figure that figure must roll a combat die, if a skull comes up, it takes 1 damage. If it’s a large creature and the terrain becomes uneven then the player who’s figure it is can try to reposition it. Using the Landing hex he may adjust it in any direction so long as one of it’s squares is occupying the original landing spot. If it’s impossible to reposition then that figure is destroyed!

Optional rule

If you would like the terrain to build faster during the game at the start of each round allow each player in order of initiative to place a 7 hex lava field piece using the standard terrain placement rules.

Since there is the potential for a lot of lava damage you may which to not allow fire resistant units during army creation. This should be agreed upon before drafting an army.

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames

Last edited by Auggest; May 9th, 2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old April 30th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Need help creating an instruction book

Auggie,

Take a look at the Project Pokemon Rulebook here.

If that's the kind of quality you're looking for, I'd be willing to make the rulebook for you.

I really appreciate all you're doing to make Heroscape-compatible figures and terrain.
Old April 30th, 2012, 11:45 AM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Auggie,

If that's the kind of quality you're looking for, I'd be willing to make the rulebook for you.

I really appreciate all you're doing to make Heroscape-compatible figures and terrain.
Yes, I was looking through the downloads and that's exactly what I had in mind. There was also a custom one I saw (with dragons on the cover) a while back but couldn't find it anywhere.
.....Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Old April 30th, 2012, 12:14 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggest View Post
Quote:
Auggie,

Yes, I was looking through the downloads and that's exactly what I had in mind. There was also a custom one I saw (with dragons on the cover) a while back but couldn't find it anywhere.
.....Andrew
that would be Grey Owl's Customizing Compendium

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old April 30th, 2012, 12:36 PM

YES! TY. I bout drove myself crazy looking for those this morning!
.....Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Auggie,

.....Andrew
that would be Grey Owl's Customizing Compendium

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:02 PM

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Volcanic set info here. White Knight making rule book.

Wow. I have to say, that Lava Looks AMAZING! But how come no Molten Lava? Or 24 hexes included?

Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Wow. I have to say, that Lava Looks AMAZING! But how come no Molten Lava? Or 24 hexes included?
In order to keep costs down (and it's still a bit higher than I wanted) I decided not to do the 24 hexes in the set (you can order them on my site though). I've got a flat rate box picked out to ship everything in the 24 hex's wouldn't fit plus, once I post the rules you'll see that it's not that useful, at least in the scenario.
BTW, the hexes are VERY easy to do. I just spray painted the tile "cherry red" gloss by Kryon then put a very think layer of Black acrylic paint on a piece of wax paper and set the tiles on top.

.....Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
In order to keep costs down (and it's still a bit higher than I wanted) I decided not to do the 24 hexes in the set (you can order them on my site though). I've got a flat rate box picked out to ship everything in the 24 hex's wouldn't fit plus, once I post the rules you'll see that it's not that useful, at least in the scenario.
BTW, the hexes are VERY easy to do. I just spray painted the tile "cherry red" gloss by Kryon then put a very think layer of Black acrylic paint on a piece of wax paper and set the tiles on top.

.....Andrew
I Have a set that I made(I used Krylon's Red pepper) But it doesn't look that good How about Molten Lava?

Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Interested to see how the 'add terrain each round' rules play out. Could be a fun and interesting dynamic for a game.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

The set looks great Auggie!

I'll start looking at formatting first, and I'll get back with you whenever I need more information.
Old May 4th, 2012, 05:24 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:

.....Andrew

That's awesome.
And they LOOK awesome.
I loves me spray paint.
Old May 4th, 2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
How about Molten Lava?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles