Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 21st, 2010, 02:01 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: Mmirg's Moderately Marvelous Maps - updated 1/6/10

Oops. I actually went normal snow/ice for the default on this one (I'll update that; thanks). It does play well with either slippery ice or heavy snow (not both), but I just hate the melee handicap that generally comes with that. I find that I often play TT maps without terrain modifiers, unless both sides have mostly ranged units.

Plus, in this case, the snow and ice are pretty much the "normal" tiles on the map, since BftU offers so few tiles. Thanks, again, for pointing out my oversight.
Old March 21st, 2010, 03:05 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great looking map Mimring. I just set it up, unfortunately I have to be at work soon so I can't play on it till tomorrow.

I do have one concern, Nilf can get to the center of the map on OM 2. Not criticizing, maybe I'm missing something. Seems Rannveig would be needed on this one.

I do really like the way you used the castle set in this. You're right, not enough castle walls in BoV.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old March 22nd, 2010, 08:02 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Thanks, xraine69. Good points; D&D does lend itself to smaller maps, with the risks that come with that. I think this one is just big enough, with enough height in different places, that it balances out, but it does play fast and furious--and your start zone is not a safe place.

What did you think of the map when you played it (if you have)?

I have a couple of ideas for small changes (one from GameBear and another I have been toying with), but nothing substantial. I like the map. Perfect? Nope. But quite fun. What do others think?
Old March 22nd, 2010, 08:32 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have justed started a game today. Had a friend stop by and then my son's friend came over. On second round and started 3 hours ago. lol.

My son is 6 so I don't know how well my feed back will be, but I do love the map. We are playing Wind and Wound glyphs on it. He has Nilf, Iskra, Rechets, AE, Shotgun & Rats. I am just playing a fun army. All ninjas and KA.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:56 PM
Looking for a ka-tet

Sonlen4MVP is surprisingly tart

I downloaded your Volcarren Fountain and really enjoyed it. I played the one with the attack glyph in the center of the water. I was able to compete against a Q9/Raelin/Nakita/Laglor team with Dwarves/Migol/Theracus/KMA/A.E. team.
I feel like it is one of the better volcarren maps I have ever played. Thanks and keep up the awesome map making.

I downloaded your most recent by the way, and I can't wait to try it as well.

Great Trades : EyeOfSauron, Ryougabot, Draconious x 2, Daddyscaper, Wytefang, Huggable Zombie, Comicgash, jordy40, thestaton, SuperflyTNT and Unicornbrownies.

Last edited by Sonlen4MVP; March 23rd, 2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:16 PM
Scenariographer

1 thing I noticed about Flooded Temple II is with the wind glyph inplay, Nilf has a difficult time walking around. If playing strict rules on being able to fit spaces he walks through, he is pretty much restricted to climbing the center. I would say a good thing, others may say too restricted. Just my observation.

Old March 23rd, 2010, 12:26 AM
Scenariographer

Here's some pics of our battle in progress: Zombies vs. Ashigaru

Old March 23rd, 2010, 01:02 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Wow, beautiful map, and xraine's in-game pics really convinced me to give this map a go
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Adrian Monk

I hope you'll post some more about your game, xraine69. Thank you for posting those pictures.

You got me thinking and here are a few pictures from a game I played with my son and wife and daughter (we often play smaller point 2v2 games on a standard BOV size map).

Here my son is counting spaces for a shot, I believe. He is playing the Arrow Gruts (with all the Beasts--you can see Krug hiding down below, watching over the glyph) and I have the Cap Glads. My wife was the Minions and my daughter Stingers + Kaemon.

A fairly redundant picture with the last.

Here he is realizing that we have a good handle on this game. (You can also better see some of my wife and daughter's troops.)

Nothing amazing, but thought I'd share. (Wish I'd taken better pictures and from more angles, but it's something, right? ...)
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Scenariographer

The Ashigaru won that battle. I am hoping to get my shipment of D1 today. If so, we will be breaking those out and getting some more games on the map. Will post pics when we do.

Old March 30th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Scenariographer

oops!

Last edited by xraine69; March 30th, 2010 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Double post
Old March 30th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Scenariographer

We are in the middle of a game now. He is playing a Greenroller with his own addition. Charlie(that's what he has renamed Charos,lol), GWx3, Q10 and RotV Drake vs. my Ornak, Bladesx2, Hydrasx2 and Ratsx2.

Drake before the Hydra attack:

Drake after the Hydra attack: ghost

Charlie is in trouble here:

One thing about this map, and it may be that I am not the best player, but squads get a little congested getting out of the start zones. Unfortunately, we haven't played the top much. He goes for the glyphs and we are playing wind and wound so I have to battle him for those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios