Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 4th, 2018, 02:37 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

Just remember that we who operate here are essentially the loony bin and these are all very much fringe possibilities of ever getting approved- but some of these would be fun to see designed

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old December 4th, 2018, 02:38 AM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I'm very hesitant about making something like Alucard, Saitama, or Goku just because they have so many "I win" abilities. But that's all I have on that front really.

Bending "could" work within the spell system, but it's a bit more intrinsic than spells feel to be. The reason I chose elemental defense was it did the same thing of "covering a very diverse power set into a small power".

~Dysole, who's only really watched DBZ and Hellsing Abridged and not the originals

Really, so does a character like The Beyonder but he's still in the game- just gotta be clever about implementation

Old December 4th, 2018, 02:42 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I'm very hesitant about making something like Alucard, Saitama, or Goku just because they have so many "I win" abilities. But that's all I have on that front really.

Bending "could" work within the spell system, but it's a bit more intrinsic than spells feel to be. The reason I chose elemental defense was it did the same thing of "covering a very diverse power set into a small power".

~Dysole, who's only really watched DBZ and Hellsing Abridged and not the originals
On Goku, while he does have a lot of "I win" abilities, I wouldn't say he has any more than Superman. (Idk though, haven't really watched anything after GT) Alucard I can't say obviously. Saitama I have a really hard time picturing. I imagine he'd have to be like Dr. Manhattan; a lot of power but you don't get to use that power every time. He might just be too much.

I don't think Bending should be forced into the spell system if it isn't a match.
Old December 4th, 2018, 03:01 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack o' Blades View Post
But this...does a put a smile on my face.

This thread is a ton of fun so far. C3G has been my preferred way to play 'scape for many years now, and ever since the release of the DC set I've been able to live out those awesome cross-over fights. Then I started thinking about Marvel vs Capcom, or Mortal Kombat vs DC, and how cool it would be to be able to play those fights out within HeroScape. Eventually we got some Street Fighter representation added into the mix, and seeing Ryu duke it out with other characters like Batman or TMNT is super tight. I see we recently got the horror icons, so I imagine the other half of the MK roster is coming soon too

Anyway, with all of these various universes/franchises/characters coming into the game these days, I've started thinking about adding a lot of characters like the ones that have been presented in this thread to the game. Ultimately, the goal I had in mind was to sort of create a "Super Smash Bros" within HeroScape. Smash is a series where you get to see your favorite characters duke it out, and honestly I feel C3G is pretty gdang close to that in board game form. It would be awesome to see Goku be pitted against Superman like so many forum debates prior. Scorpion vs Ghost Rider in "Who wore it better? Flaming Skull Edition". Big Boss / Venom Snake locked in the ultimate CQC battle with Captain America himself, and so on.

I'll for sure be keeping an eye on this thread. If I can manage the time, I'll start to cook up some real drafts instead of the super light WIPs I've got scattered around and post 'em. Some characters I've got at least rough outlines or ideas for include:

Cloud (FF7)
Link (Legend of Zelda)
Zelda (Legend of Zelda)
Diablo (Diablo)
Barbarian (Diablo)
McCree (Overwatch)
Reaper (Overwatch)
Reinhardt (Overwatch)
Zenyatta (Overwatch)
Mercy (Overwatch)
Goku (Dragon Ball Z)
Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z)
Broly (Dragon Ball Z)
Kid Buu (Dragon Ball Z)
Android 21 (Dragon Ball Z)
Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid)
Big Boss "Venom Snake" (Metal Gear Solid)
Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
Gray Fox (Metal Gear Solid)
Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid)

Keep it up fellas, I'll be around
Jack
Awesome man! Glad to hear it. One of the things that I found so interesting about Heroscape way back in the day was the crazy mish-mash of characters they had, and I'm really happy that C3G is opening up to embracing that. I'd love to be able to one day play a C3G "Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny" with all sorts of pop culture icons duking it out.

Like Alexan said, this is kind of the out-there loony bin so far. Something being in this thread certainly isn't a promise that it will get made in C3G, or even be allowed to. A lot of game/tv/movie character I think are cool just don't have comics like C3G requires. But I think it's fun either way.

On the characters you mentioned;
-I'd love to see Cloud one day, maybe even Sephiroth too. Although since my brother is really into Kingdom Hearts, that means I'd probably have to make a Sora as well to appease him.
-Link and Zelda would be fun. I had the idea once for a Link with a Batman style equipment system. Might as well throw Gannondorf in there too.
-I don't have too much experience with Diablo
-Like I said just a few pages back, I'm not the biggest Overwatch fan (nothing wrong with it, it's just not how I spend my freetime) but I've always really liked their characters, and I think they would fit perfectly in C3G. Especially interested in McCree, because I've always liked cowboy characters a lot. He was my favorite when I played the game.
-DBZ is another cool one for sure. Peep my Goku linked on the first page, and then I'm thinking each SS form could be a separate card. I have no ideas for any of the other characters though.
-I have vague ideas for all the Snakes. I'm personally thinking a Naked Snake (like in Snake Eater), then a leader-style Big Boss, then of course a Venom Snake (maybe with Buddy Bonding?)

If you want to post anything, I'd be excited to look over it!
Old December 4th, 2018, 04:16 AM

Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Like Alexan said, this is kind of the out-there loony bin so far. Something being in this thread certainly isn't a promise that it will get made in C3G, or even be allowed to. A lot of game/tv/movie character I think are cool just don't have comics like C3G requires. But I think it's fun either way.

On the characters you mentioned;
-I'd love to see Cloud one day, maybe even Sephiroth too. Although since my brother is really into Kingdom Hearts, that means I'd probably have to make a Sora as well to appease him.
-Link and Zelda would be fun. I had the idea once for a Link with a Batman style equipment system. Might as well throw Gannondorf in there too.
-I don't have too much experience with Diablo
-Like I said just a few pages back, I'm not the biggest Overwatch fan (nothing wrong with it, it's just not how I spend my freetime) but I've always really liked their characters, and I think they would fit perfectly in C3G. Especially interested in McCree, because I've always liked cowboy characters a lot. He was my favorite when I played the game.
-DBZ is another cool one for sure. Peep my Goku linked on the first page, and then I'm thinking each SS form could be a separate card. I have no ideas for any of the other characters though.
-I have vague ideas for all the Snakes. I'm personally thinking a Naked Snake (like in Snake Eater), then a leader-style Big Boss, then of course a Venom Snake (maybe with Buddy Bonding?)

If you want to post anything, I'd be excited to look over it!
For sure! Even if nothing in this thread makes it officially into C3G, I'm glad that there was at least a place to talk about these characters.

As far as the needed requirements, I know at the very least Overwatch has a comic line (more or less anyway), and like you said I also agree that the aesthetics/idea of Overwatch would mesh very well into C3G. Minis wise, there are some out there but they can be a little tricky to find as they are mostly fan projects that do like an initial run of casts for a group and not meant to be sold through a storefront to avoid bigger issues. I am all for doing mods though like we did for C3G Spawn. Shotgun Sullivan for example would make a... pretty good base for Revolver Ocelot. Swap out the head and left hand, and you're pretty much done. There's also a Microcorp Agent that would serve as a great base for sneaking suit Snake(s) too.

We're on the same exact page for Link my man, nice! Glyph system with bombs, boomerang, bow, beam sword, hook shot, heart container, etc etc. Basically build your own Link by choosing ~2-3, use the items you want, and conquer the dungeon opponent's army. Also kind of a Swiss Army Knife character which makes it cool from a drafting perspective.

Took a look at your Goku, really dig what you got cooking for Kaio-ken . Originally I was thinking of doing like a card "overlay" system for the various forms, but ultimately I decided it just added too much mechanical clutter. I think the cleanest route would be just to have each card be it's own separate thing, and only one version of the character can be drafted ala the Secret Identity rules. Vegeta I've been looking at like Abomination to Hulk or Venom to Spider-man in the OG set. Basically the same thing, just a half-step over with some slight flavor differences.

Diablo, admittedly, has pretty much no business in C3G lol. But more Demons in the game would be sweet, and I do have an awesome Diablo statuette en route that I think would be perfect scale. Should fit perfectly on a double base. There was a Diablo comic in the works, that counts right??

I'm excited to see what else comes from the Metal Gear series in here. These are some of my favorite characters and just thinking about them in 'scape gets me hyped. Currently thinking like a Ground Zeroes era Big Boss, and a completed campaign Phantom Pain Venom. Something similar to C3G Captain America's Avengers Assemble for Diamond Dogs, and of course we gotta get the rocket punch in there
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:43 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
For sure! Even if nothing in this thread makes it officially into C3G, I'm glad that there was at least a place to talk about these characters.

As far as the needed requirements, I know at the very least Overwatch has a comic line (more or less anyway), and like you said I also agree that the aesthetics/idea of Overwatch would mesh very well into C3G. Minis wise, there are some out there but they can be a little tricky to find as they are mostly fan projects that do like an initial run of casts for a group and not meant to be sold through a storefront to avoid bigger issues. I am all for doing mods though like we did for C3G Spawn. Shotgun Sullivan for example would make a... pretty good base for Revolver Ocelot. Swap out the head and left hand, and you're pretty much done. There's also a Microcorp Agent that would serve as a great base for sneaking suit Snake(s) too.
Yeah, Overwatch is good on the comic side, I think. I'm guessing the problem with them would be minis. They all have very distinctive look, which would make them hard to mod. But if we can find a specific Overwatch line, official or not, we'd be in business.

For Snake, there's this figure, the Horrorclix Field Agent. I think it's about as close as we'll get.

Quote:
Took a look at your Goku, really dig what you got cooking for Kaio-ken . Originally I was thinking of doing like a card "overlay" system for the various forms, but ultimately I decided it just added too much mechanical clutter. I think the cleanest route would be just to have each card be it's own separate thing, and only one version of the character can be drafted ala the Secret Identity rules. Vegeta I've been looking at like Abomination to Hulk or Venom to Spider-man in the OG set. Basically the same thing, just a half-step over with some slight flavor differences.
Personally, I like the idea of the SS forms being like a more voluntary version of Phoenix's different forms. Vegeta would probably end up being a slight variation character (I vote we pick up the term echo fighter from SSB to deccibe those characters.)
Quote:
I'm excited to see what else comes from the Metal Gear series in here. These are some of my favorite characters and just thinking about them in 'scape gets me hyped. Currently thinking like a Ground Zeroes era Big Boss, and a completed campaign Phantom Pain Venom. Something similar to C3G Captain America's Avengers Assemble for Diamond Dogs, and of course we gotta get the rocket punch in there
Yeah, I'd love to see more Metal Gear in the game. Currently, only the first two Solid games have comics, from what I understand, so I'm going to focus my efforts on those. Maybe we can figure out what C3G will allow then set up another project to get the rest carded. I'd be down!

For a bit of shameless promotion, the Public Nominations are now open. That means you can pop into that thread and nominate a design by any C3G Ally, Sidekick, Hero, or Legend. There's been some debate about what is/isn't allowed, but I think any design with a comic history and some solid mini plans has at least a chance of making it.

I'm going to be a bit cheeky and point out that I'm really proud of my Solid Snake draft listed in the OP. (The mini looks like MGS1 Snake, so that's basically what the design is.) But it goes without saying that you can choose to nominate anything you want.

Okay, I need to work on TWO paper today. If anyone, sees me on here after this, please just tell me to get back to work. i need it.
Old December 4th, 2018, 11:15 AM

NAME = FATHER ANDERSON
SECRET IDENTITY = ALEXANDER ANDERSON

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ASSASSIN
PERSONALITY = FANATIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

SILVER BAYONETS

Before Father Anderson attacks a non-adjacent figure, you may choose to roll 3 dice instead of 6. If you do, you may also attack two figures adjacent to the defending figure this turn, rolling 3 attack dice separately for each figure. Undead and Lycanthrope figures roll 2 fewer defense dice against Father Andersons' normal attack.

APOSTLE OF JUDAS ISCARIOT

An opponent may never take temporary or permanent control of Father Anderson. Once per turn, after Father Anderson destroys an opponent's figure, you may move up to two other figures with the Apostle Of Judas Iscariot special power.

SCRIPTURE TELEPORTATION

Instead of moving Father Anderson normally, you may choose an empty space within 3 spaces of Father Anderson. Place Father Anderson on the chosen space. Father Anderson does not take leaving engagement attacks when moving with Scripture Teleportation.

DIVINE HEALING FACTOR
After taking a turn with Father Anderson, remove one Wound Marker from this card. At the end of the round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to remove one Wound Marker from this Army card.

SUPER STRENGTH

Old December 4th, 2018, 11:37 AM

NAME = SISTER WOLFE
SECRET IDENTITY = HEINKEL WOLFE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ASSASSIN
PERSONALITY = FANATIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

An opponent may never take temporary or permanent control of Sister Wolfe. Once per turn, after Sister Wolfe destroys an opponent's figure, you may move up to two other figures with the Apostle Of Judas Iscariot special power

DOUBLE ATTACK

When Sister Wolfe attacks, she may attack one additional time.

SISTERHOOD

After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Sister Wolfe, you may immediately take a turn with another figure with the Sisterhood special power, and you may not take any further additional turns.

Old December 4th, 2018, 11:50 AM

NAME = SISTER TAKAGI
SECRET IDENTITY =YUMIKO TAKAGI

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ASSASSIN
PERSONALITY = FANATIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

An opponent may never take temporary or permanent control of Sister Takagi. Once per turn, after Sister Takagi destroys an opponent's figure, you may move up to two other figures with the Apostle Of Judas Iscariot special power.

SWORDPLAY

If Sister Takagi attacks an adjacent figure with her normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, she may attack an adjacent figure again. She may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull.

UNRELENTING DISCIPLE
Once per turn, Sister Takagi may add one additional dice to her normal attack.

SISTERHOOD

After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Sister Wolfe, you may immediately take a turn with another figure with the Sisterhood special power, and you may not take any further additional turns.

Old December 4th, 2018, 07:05 PM
Just A Head

-Metahuman is a pretty DC-specific term. Unless he’s actually called that in-universe, I’d avoid it.
-It would be cool to see Divine Healing be something other than a very minor mod of Healing Factor X.
-Maybe Fanatical instead of Fanatic?
-I could see rolling Swordplay and Unrelenting Disciple into just Master Swordplay.
-Religious assassins sounds like a cool idea.
Old December 4th, 2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
-Metahuman is a pretty DC-specific term. Unless he’s actually called that in-universe, I’d avoid it.
-It would be cool to see Divine Healing be something other than a very minor mod of Healing Factor X.
-Maybe Fanatical instead of Fanatic?
-I could see rolling Swordplay and Unrelenting Disciple into just Master Swordplay.
-Religious assassins sounds like a cool idea.

-I'm not totally sure he isn't actually just a tech-augmented human anyway, I think that's where his healing factor comes from
-It needs to be a healing factor on par with Wolverine's, but it shouldn't really work with other Healing Factor X figures
-Hrm, maybe, but I do lose the flavor of the ability name- I'd need to think of a name other than Master Swordplay
-The Iscariot organisation was pretty badass

Old December 6th, 2018, 02:16 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Out-there Heaven: Designs Outside of the C3G Norms

Quote:
Quote:

NAME = TRACER
SECRET IDENTITY = LENA OXTON

SPECIES = HUMAN?
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER?
PERSONALITY = ENTHUSIASTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

CHRONAL ACCELERATOR
Start the game with a Glyph of Temporal Displacement on this card. Once per turn, at any point during Tracer’s move, you may either place Tracer on any empty space within 2 spaces of her, or to place up to one Glyph of Temporal Displacement from this card power-side up on an empty space Tracer previously occupied this turn. After using Chronal Accelerator, Tracer may continue her movement. When being placed with Chronal Accelerator, Tracer will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

RECALL
Whenever Tracer receives one or more wounds, you may choose an unoccupied Glyph of Temporal Displacement on the battlefield and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, ignore all wounds Tracer would have received, place the Glyph of Temporal Displacement on this card, then place Tracer on the space the Glyph of Temporal Displacement previously occupied.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Tracer attacks, she may attack one additional time.
I'm actually not too crazy about Overwatch as a game, but I do like a lot of the characters they've created, and the whole aesthetic seems like it would fit perfectly into C3G. The only problem is miniatures, but the brand is popular enough that it might get some one day.
By coincidence I found this: https://klukvaminiatures.com/goods#w.../category=0--w

Probably too pricey (I didn't even check shipping, it looks like they operate out of Russia lol), and i don't know if the scale is right, but thought it was interesting at least.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy