Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old July 14th, 2022, 10:25 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

There are some great ideas here. I'd like to see the pathfinder characters join us, always welcoming more sword and sorcery types onto the field of battle ^^

Curious, since it is called Adventuring party is there a reason that they are called Explorers instead of Adventurers? Just wondering if the names could marry up in some way like having it be called something to do with Expedition? Not necessarily a needed change just thought of it.

Also, curious if a subtheme of this faction would be building adventuring parties that worked well together. I notice that there are some specific name call outs on Merisiel. Fun idea to think that you could mix and match some explorers but there would still be some ideal call outs to "this is my party that I come from." For those extra bonuses.

I do like the idea of this faction having a singular class that ties them all together instead of splitting them up into things like Cleric, Wizard, and so forth. Makes them working as a group much easier.
Old July 15th, 2022, 05:03 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you! Glad to see some Pathfinder support, I think that series has some really cool characters perfect for C3G.

I’m not against them being Adventurers, but I went with Explorers to avoid Fantastic 4 synergy, and to let these characters have their own space. I’d imagined Invisible Woman synergy + healing could be too much. Something like Expedition Party could definitely work as a name!

Merisiel’s call out to Kyra, and vice versa, is because they are a couple (actually married as of a short story), and I wanted them to have a reason to be used together and stay together during games. In the comics they often prioritise healing / defending the other, and tunnel vision to the other if something bad happens to them. So it was mainly a nod to their relationship.

Having sub themes within the faction could be a cool idea though! The Pathfinder comics only has one consistent party, which is the group of characters I posted with some others here and there. The Pathfinder lore as a whole, a lot more characters interact with each other and this party, but to my knowledge there aren’t really any specific teams beyond what the comics have (and they don’t even have a party name to my knowledge, they just usually work together). One storyline in the comics did have another, villainous party that the main party worked with, but they don’t appear after.

And thanks! I did want to give them their unique classes to start with, but things like Ranger wouldn’t sit right with the factions using that class already. Explorer is also just a good way of making a faction for fantasy adventurers in general. Say if something like D&D got accepted, you can give them Explorer too and it’d be fitting for these characters to mix.
Old July 15th, 2022, 11:47 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I like Explorer.
Old July 19th, 2022, 12:40 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Part 2 of my Pathfinder designs! Finishes off the Pathfinder Battles: Iconic Heroes Evolved set + adds a personal favourite of mine from the comics.

Harsk
Spoiler Alert!

Fumbus
Spoiler Alert!

Imrijka
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 21st, 2022, 11:58 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Legend of Zelda

What is this? –

Spoiler Alert!

How is this a comic? –

Spoiler Alert!

What would this Faction look like? –

Spoiler Alert!

Miniatures? –

Spoiler Alert!

Example Units? –

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Shiftrex; August 28th, 2022 at 03:14 PM.
Old August 17th, 2022, 12:48 PM
Doing it for the Clix

isherlock99 rolls all skulls baby! isherlock99 rolls all skulls baby! isherlock99 rolls all skulls baby! isherlock99 rolls all skulls baby! isherlock99 rolls all skulls baby!

I too came up with an Agent 47 design from the Hitman games.

Figure could be an easy headswap/repaint of Colatteral Damage #010-012 / Black Mask with the head of Superman #015 / Lex Luthor

Agent 47

Clone
Unique Hero
Assassin
Professional
Medium 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

??? Points

ICA LOADOUT
At the start of the game, before Order Markers are placed, you may choose either a Glyph of Sniper Rifle, a Glyph of Lethal Syringe, or a Glyph of Remotely-Detonated Bomb and place it on this card. If you do not choose any of those glyphs, place the white Disguise Marker on this card and you may place Agent 47 on any empty space on the battlefield. After moving Agent 47, you may place a glyph from this card power-side up on any empty space he occupied before or during the move. Instead of attacking with Agent 47, you may destroy a glyph placed by this special power.

INTERNATIONAL CONTRACT ASSASSIN
At the start of the game, choose up to two Unique Heroes that an opponent controls to be Agent 47's Target. Agent 47 rolls an additional die when attacking one of his Targets with a normal or special attack. When attacking with Agent 47, each skull rolled counts as an additional hit.

BLENDING IN
When an opponent's medium figure is destroyed, if Agent 47 was adjacent to that figure, you may place the Disguise Marker on this card. While the Disguise Marker is on this card, Agent 47 can move through all figures, cannot be attacked by, targeted or chosen for special powers by, or take leaving engagement attacks from enemy figures. After Agent 47 attacks, if any enemy figure has clear sight of him, remove the Disguise Marker from this card. If Agent 47 is ever your only figure on the battlefield, negate this special power for the rest of the game.

And here's the two Glyphs mentioned in the 1st power that don't already exist:

GLYPH OF LETHAL SYRINGE
EQUIPMENT GLYPH

Instead of attacking with this figure, you may choose an opponent's adjacent figure and roll the 20-sided die, adding 2 to the roll if this figure is an Assassin. If you roll 15 or higher, the chosen figure receives 3 wounds, or 1 wound if that figure has the Super Strength special power. Androids, Constructs, Undead, and destructible objects are not affected by this glyph. After a figure receives any wounds from this glyph, destroy this glyph.

GLYPH OF SNIPER RIFLE
EQUIPMENT GLYPH

If the figure equipped with this glyph does not move on their turn, they may use the following special attack.
SNIPER RIFLE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 10. Attack 2.
Each skull rolled counts as an additional hit.
Old August 17th, 2022, 06:01 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

You usually can’t add dice to SAs from an “outside source” like another power, so the middle power may take some tweaking.

I really dig that “spotted by a Bystander” mechanic in Blending In, very thematic in a fun way. Similarly, I love the double Target element in the Contract power, it’s a really interesting way to keep that kind of power fresh. There’s some really neat and inventive ideas there that I think show that you’ve got a voice of your own as a designer already.

I will say, I know you’ve put a fair bit of work into it, but I think that first power misses the forest for the trees a little bit. The core of 47’s character, to me, is that his methods are completely ridiculous - He blows people up with rubber ducks and sets up complex Rube Goldberg schemes that involve dressing up in silly costumes - but he’s just so flippin’ serious about it all. I think including some of that slapstick is more important than capturing the exact Loadout mechanics of the game. Even just giving him the Rubber Ducky might be enough, but I always envisioned 47 with an auto-wounding “Mishaps” special power of some kind.

Then again, Archie went with a similarly route to you with his take, so maybe I’m just a weirdo. I guess overall I’d encourage getting the “feel” of Hitman down more than translating exact mechanics from the game.
Old August 17th, 2022, 06:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Text is probably about 4 lines too long?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 17th, 2022, 06:28 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I'm excited to see 47, that's a fun draft.

I like what Nobody suggested with representing more of the wackiness of the Hitman games. I think the focus of the design should also be on the Disguise mechanic - that's ultimately the main thing of Hitman, he disguises himself as people to get close to his target. The load out is cool but I wouldn't want it overshadowing the disguises personally.

Replacing the loadout with something like this might be cool? With this I picture 47 in a guard's outfit, making accidents for the enemy while the battle is going on. Then when the timing is right, 47 can attack and lose his Disguise Marker and go guns blazing.
Quote:
CREATING "ACCIDENTS"
If the Disguise Marker is on this card, once per turn whenever an enemy figure moves onto a space within 5 clear sight spaces of Agent 47, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 3 to the roll if that figure is adjacent to a destructible object. If you roll 17 or higher, inflict a wound on that figure.
I'd also go with 1 Target on the ICA power, personally. I get that the newer games typically have 2 Targets per map, but in a Heroscape army there's often just 3-5 heroes anyway. It'd feel wrong to have 47 get bonuses against half the enemy army.
Old August 17th, 2022, 08:32 PM
Doing it for the Clix

isherlock99 rolls all skulls baby! isherlock99 rolls all skulls baby! isherlock99 rolls all skulls baby! isherlock99 rolls all skulls baby! isherlock99 rolls all skulls baby!

I had tried to think of some way to represent that 47's signature method of assassination was setting up accidents, but couldn't figure out anything I was happy with, so I tried to instead represent the sort of "choose your own method" of the games. I like what you came up with there tho. Might tweak it to be more reliable but activate only once per movement instead of every space.

Also good point about the hero count. Not 100% keen on reducing the number of targets if I'm being honest tho. I'd ultimately reduce it if that's what it took to get him approved, but I'd prefer to have it be a little more distinct than just "Bounty Hunter and Deadly Strike in one power".

Also, the image for the Disguise Marker HAS to be the little drawstring bag that dropped disguises look like in-game. I could probably get a better screencap for the art dept later on down the line, but this is what they look like for those unfamiliar.
Old August 26th, 2022, 03:24 PM
Doing it for the Clix

I too came up with an Agent 47 design from the Hitman games.

Figure could be an easy headswap/repaint of Colatteral Damage #010-012 / Black Mask with the head of Superman #015 / Lex Luthor

Agent 47

Clone
Unique Hero
Assassin
Professional
Medium 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

??? Points

INTERNATIONAL CONTRACT ASSASSIN

At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Agent 47's Target. When Agent 47 attacks his Target, each skull rolled counts as an additional hit.

BLENDING IN
When an opponent's medium figure is destroyed, if Agent 47 was adjacent to that figure, you may place the white Disguise Marker on this card. While the Disguise Marker is on this card, Agent 47 can move through all figures, cannot be attacked by, targeted or chosen for special powers by, or take leaving engagement attacks from enemy figures. After Agent 47 attacks, if any enemy figure has clear sight of him, remove the Disguise Marker from this card. If Agent 47 is ever your only figure on the battlefield, negate this special power for the rest of the game.

"ACCIDENTS" HAPPEN
If the Disguise Marker is on this card, once per turn whenever an enemy figure moves onto a space within 5 clear sight spaces of Agent 47, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 3 to the roll if that figure is adjacent to a destructible object. Add 2 to the roll if that figure is Agent 47's Target. If you roll 16 or higher, inflict a wound on that figure.

I changed International Contract Assassin to be one Target instead of two. I also made it so 47 gets "double skulls" when attacking his Target and bumped up his Attack number. It makes more sense for the character for him to go lethal (doubling his skulls) on his Target as opposed to just using lethal force on everyone and just getting more dice when going after his Target.

I also replaced the Loadout power with the "Accidents" power that Arch-vile/Mr. Nobody suggested, with a couple modifications. 1st, I reduced the difficulty by 1, as 17 felt just a bit too high for how prominent accident kills are in both the games and in canon as 47's trademark assassination style. 2nd, I added a +2 to the roll if the figure he's targeting is his Target. Which means that if everything falls into place with his Target moving next to a DO, you still have to hit an 11.

Last edited by isherlock99; August 26th, 2022 at 03:42 PM.
Old August 26th, 2022, 03:44 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I dig where it's headed! After thinking about the Disguise power since you last posted it, I might do this.
Quote:
BLENDING IN
When an opponent's medium figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Agent 47 is destroyed, you may place the white Disguise Marker on this card. While the Disguise Marker is on this card, Agent 47 can move through all figures, cannot be attacked by, targeted or chosen for special powers by, or take leaving engagement attacks from enemy figures. After Agent 47 attacks, if any enemy figure has clear sight of him, remove the Disguise Marker from this card. If Agent 47 is ever your only figure on the battlefield, negate this special power for the rest of the game.
That just gives him a little more leeway so he doesn't have to be right next to the enemy (where he'll get pulverized) to gain a marker.

I might make the +2 for the Accident on a Target a +3 as well. Having numbers be consistent across a card really helps maintain headspace in your average game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy