Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 17th, 2020, 04:32 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
The Book of Bombastic Bag-Man

The Book of Bombastic Bag-Man

C3G MARVEL WAVE 34
WEB OF VENOM

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Web of Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #063 / Bombastic Bag-Man.

Character Bio - After getting rid of the alien symbiote in the Baxter Building, Peter Parker is left without a costume and can’t risk his secret identity by swinging through NYC. At the mercy of Human Torch, Parker is equipped with an old Fantastic 4 costume with no boots, a paper bag to hide his face and a "Kick me!" sign on his back to top it all off. On his way home, Parker senses a robbery with his Spider-Sense and stops it, making the news in his ridiculous getup as the Bombastic Bag-Man!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • Bombastic Bag-Man subtracts 4 from his Spidey-Senses roll when attacked by a Symbiote.
  • As a figure with a secret identity, Bombastic Bag-Man interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a Mutate, Bombastic Bag-Man interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Bombastic Bag-Man interacts differently with these special powers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
21 November 2020 - Swing Line wording update

Last edited by japes; February 1st, 2022 at 09:29 PM.
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Bombastic Bag-Man - Breathing

NAME = BOMBASTIC BAG-MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = PETER PARKER

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = HAPLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 125

KICK ME!
If Bombastic Bag-Man is attacked by an adjacent figure that was not engaged with him at the start of its turn, subtract 2 from Bag-Man's Spidey-Senses roll this turn.

SPIDEY-SENSES 11
If Bombastic Bag-Man is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 4 from the roll if the attacking figure is a Symbiote. If you roll 11 or higher, Bag-Man takes no damage and may immediately use his Swing Line 3 special power.

SWING LINE 3
Instead of his normal move, Bombastic Bag-Man may move up to 3 spaces with Swing Line. When moving with Swing Line, Bag-Man has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 40 levels in a single swing, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by tcglkn; November 21st, 2020 at 05:41 PM.
Tickle Pickle

@Arch-vile @japes @johnny139 @Lord Pyre @Soundwarp SG-1 @Yodaking
Old May 17th, 2020, 04:34 PM
Tickle Pickle

I'll go ahead and go on record as being pretty in favor of going with Bombastic Bag-Man as the name here even though we just changed Hulk. Just wanna get this discussion underway now instead of at the end of the process. I think because it is an April Fools design and he's always called Bombastic Bag-Man it is appropriate here.
Old May 17th, 2020, 04:49 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Looks good.
Old May 17th, 2020, 05:29 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
making the news in his ridiculous getup as the Bombastic Bag-Man!
Not technically correct - in the original story the news called him "The Unknown Superhero". Video games and toys call him Bag-Man because the original reference is too dated for kids to get.

Anyhow, I'd go for Hapless Crime Fighter over Embarrassed Adventurer. I'd also go Swing Line over Web Swing.

Hapless is something we've used on a couple other put-upon comic relief types.

As far as Swing Line vs Web Swing goes... technically in the comics he has no webs as Bag-Man, but I think we're pulling as much from the many, many appearances of Bag-Man as an alt costume in toys/games as we are the original story, so it still makes sense for him to have some web power. Just... maybe not the "GOAT with webs" power?

Crime Fighter feels like a win to me in terms of both the alt costume and the original story. In the original story, he doesn't really adventure at all, but he does stop a crime. In the alt costume stuff, the bit is always that you can still do all the normal Spider-Man stuff... but in a ridiculous costume! I think it makes sense for him to still be in that Crime Fighter space.
Old May 17th, 2020, 07:16 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks good! I dig Kick Me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 17th, 2020, 08:18 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
making the news in his ridiculous getup as the Bombastic Bag-Man!
Not technically correct - in the original story the news called him "The Unknown Superhero". Video games and toys call him Bag-Man because the original reference is too dated for kids to get.
Sure, but the design is called Bombastic Bag-Man so I think it sells the flavor a bit better. Also I got this from ComicVine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicVine
Reed used a sonic emitter to separate Peter from the suit. Spider-Man was now without a costume and Johnny Storm, as part of a practical joke, gave Peter an old Fantastic Four costume with a paper bag for a mask and dubbed him the Bombastic Bag-Man.
So it seems justifiable. Maybe I should just change the bio to him being dubbed that by Human Torch.

Quote:
Anyhow, I'd go for Hapless Crime Fighter over Embarrassed Adventurer. I'd also go Swing Line over Web Swing.

Hapless is something we've used on a couple other put-upon comic relief types.

Crime Fighter feels like a win to me in terms of both the alt costume and the original story. In the original story, he doesn't really adventure at all, but he does stop a crime. In the alt costume stuff, the bit is always that you can still do all the normal Spider-Man stuff... but in a ridiculous costume! I think it makes sense for him to still be in that Crime Fighter space.
Totally down to go with Hapless here, no issue.

As for Crime-Fighter vs Adventurer, I did debate this. He's definitely not out searching out crime to stop in this costume or going on adventurers here so it's a matter of what synergy we wanted him to be a part of. I figured since he had just left the Baxter Building and was wearing a Fan4 costume it would be fun for him to be an Adventurer, since there's no super strong argument for any particular class here.

Quote:
As far as Swing Line vs Web Swing goes... technically in the comics he has no webs as Bag-Man, but I think we're pulling as much from the many, many appearances of Bag-Man as an alt costume in toys/games as we are the original story, so it still makes sense for him to have some web power. Just... maybe not the "GOAT with webs" power?
You are correct, I do like the idea of going with Swing Line over Web Swing here. Good suggestion.

Hope this answers all your points Ronin. You threw a lot out there.
Old May 17th, 2020, 08:22 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

What, you thought you could just start up a Spider-Man design without me coming in and having a bunch of weird opinions?

Don't believe "Bag-Man" is actually used in the comic at all, and it's an adaptation-only name. You can double-check me, though - Amazing Spider-Man vol 1 #258. Should be on Marvel Unlimited.
Old May 17th, 2020, 08:25 PM
Tickle Pickle

Not complaining, just responding to all your stuff. I appreciate the feedback even if I don't agree with it all.

I'll take a look at that issue tonight.
Old May 17th, 2020, 08:30 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I think this is a case where we can use Bag Man even if it’s not in the comics.

Unfortunate would be a good personality. Hapless works too.

I kind of like Adventurer for the FF synergy, but it’s not a huge deal.

Kick Me is awesome
Old May 17th, 2020, 08:32 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I think this is a case where we can use Bag Man even if it’s not in the comics.
Oh yeah, if it wasn't clear, I'm fine putting Bag-Man on the card. No special love for the Unknown Comic reference. I was just getting persnickety about the bio.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library