Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 26th, 2015, 08:47 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Commander Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
PHOTONIC ENERGY SHIELD
After you roll defense dice for Commander Rogers, if you did not roll excess shields, add one automatic shield to whatever was rolled, or if you did roll excess shields and Commander Rogers is defending against a normal attack from a figure within 5 clear sight spaces, the attacking figure receives one wound.
Ouch, that's kind of a run-on mess. And even if it weren't, the "or" isn't really the right tool for this job; it's a patch to compensate for the fact that "did not roll excess shields" is not an effective substitute for "rolled too few shields."

The conditions for PES are not either-or; the function that is desired here has four distinct cases:
  • if shields < hits, do thing A
  • if shields = hits, do nothing
  • if shields > hits and condition X exists, do thing B
  • if shields > hits and condition X does not exist, do nothing
This not-so-obvious complexity is the core reason why, over a dozen wordings later, we are still debating and coming up with new ways to not quite say it right.

Maybe it's time to revisit the bulleted approach?

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old February 26th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
This not-so-obvious complexity is the core reason why, over a dozen wordings later, we are still debating and coming up with new ways to not quite say it right.

Maybe it's time to revisit the bulleted approach?
I don't know JaB, this is kind of fun

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 28th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This is nice and short:

Quote:
PHOTONIC ENERGY SHIELD
If Commander Rogers is attacked and would receive one or more wounds, you may ignore one of those wounds. If Commander Rogers rolls excess shields when defending against a normal attack from a figure within 5 clear sight spaces, the attacking figure receives one wound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 28th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

That looks like a good one Q. Easy and to the point without a bunch of B.S.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 28th, 2015, 12:43 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's what Viegon suggested after Tornado's proposal.

Speaking of which, I'll propose we update Commander Rogers with the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
We have 4 total testers here that show him as balanced (1, 2, 3, 4). quozl likes 260, and I'm good there too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
NAME = COMMANDER ROGERS
SECRET IDENTITY = STEVE ROGERS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AGENT
PERSONALITY = DEDICATED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 260

MASTER TACTICIAN
At the beginning of your turn, if there is at least one revealed Order Marker on this card, you may rearrange any unrevealed Order Markers on cards in your army. You may move Order Markers from cards of your destroyed figures.

TRAINED TO PERFECTION
Before attacking with Commander Rogers, you may choose to either:
  • attack any or all figures adjacent to Commander Rogers, rolling each attack separately; or
  • add one automatic skull when attacking an adjacent figure.

PHOTONIC ENERGY SHIELD
If Commander Rogers would receive one or more wounds from a normal or special attack, ignore one of those wounds. If Commander Rogers rolls excess shields when defending against a normal attack from a figure within 5 clear sight spaces, the attacking figure receives one wound.
@A3n - Yea
@johnny139 - Yea
@Karat - Yea
@TrollBrute - Yea
@SirGalahad -
@Viegon - Yea

Quote:

Last edited by quozl; March 1st, 2015 at 04:05 AM.
Old February 28th, 2015, 01:01 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
PHOTONIC ENERGY SHIELD
If Commander Rogers is attacked and would receive one or more wounds, you may ignore one of those wounds. ...
I like the brevity. However, without a reference to shields or defense dice, it sounds like it also applies to leaving engagement attacks.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old February 28th, 2015, 01:08 PM

Good point. I'll revise my proposal.

Quote:
Old February 28th, 2015, 01:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
PHOTONIC ENERGY SHIELD
If Commander Rogers is attacked and would receive one or more wounds, you may ignore one of those wounds. ...
I like the brevity. However, without a reference to shields or defense dice, it sounds like it also applies to leaving engagement attacks.
While there is an established ruling that leaving engagement attacks are not attacks, you could say "attacked with a normal or special attack" if you wanted.

On a non-linguistic note, I am in the middle of a game with new Commander Rogers, and I must commend everyone; he feels pretty non-broken now. Good, but not broken.
Old February 28th, 2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
While there is an established ruling that leaving engagement attacks are not attacks, you could say "attacked with a normal or special attack" if you wanted.
That seems like the kind of rule you don't want to depend on in new designs. I understand the need for it, but it's a pretty ugly and counter-intuitive patch; so I like your suggestion of being more explicit.

Quozl's and dok's good work seems pretty seaworthy to me (with the deletion of "you may" per TrollBrute):

Quote:
PHOTONIC ENERGY SHIELD
If Commander Rogers would receive one or more wounds from a normal or special attack, you may ignore one of those wounds. If Commander Rogers rolls excess shields when defending against a normal attack from a figure within 5 clear sight spaces, the attacking figure receives one wound.
I just noticed it also has the added benefit of explicitly contrasting "normal or special" in the first part with just "normal" in the second; so we're getting double-duty out of the added phrase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
On a non-linguistic note, I am in the middle of a game with new Commander Rogers, and I must commend everyone; he feels pretty non-broken now. Good, but not broken.
Cool.

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; March 7th, 2015 at 12:34 AM.
Old February 28th, 2015, 01:21 PM

Oops, sorry: double post.

(I thought as a Site Supporter I could delete, but now I can't find it.)

Old February 28th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Yea
Old February 28th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I was initially hesitant because I worry about powers possibly triggering off of wounds being dealt (that wouldn't otherwise, if an automatic shield was applied), but I can't think of any off the top of my head, and that version does seem to work for almost everybody. However, it shouldn't be the player's choice if it is ignored or not, it should be automatically ignored. Otherwise, it could be used for Jocasta to deal out an extra wound, or allowing Red Skull to move that wound off of him, etc..

Yea if "you may" is dropped.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library