Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 18th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

Any thoughts on Plasmus?
Spoiler Alert!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 18th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

My only question is should they really have 6 range, attack, and defense when there are 4 on the card? The problem with them being an uncommon hero is unless you word it just right, only one Plasmus would ever benefit from figures on it's card.

Like so:

SPLIT
You may not draft more then five Plasmus figures. Start the game with one Plasmus figure on the board and up to four figures on this card. At the start of each round you may remove up to four Plasmus figures from this card and place them on the board adjacent to at least one other Plasmus figure or remove up to 4 adjacent Plasmus figures from the board and place them on this card. For each Plasmus figure on this card, you may Aadd one to Plasmus'the range, attack, and defense values for each Plasmus figure on this card for all Plasmus figures on the battlefield.
Old November 18th, 2013, 06:42 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am not sure if that is right though.
Say one figure is destroyed and two figures are on the field, each with one figure on their card. I think they should both have a plus one, not a plus two but I do not really know the character well enough. Maybe he is that strong.

Looking at the DC database and wiki files I do not see anything about Splitting.

DC database
Quote:
Plasmus' primary power is superhuman strength. As a creature composed of ooze and with no solid skeletal structure, Plasmus is able to both withstand and regenerate from a vast amount of physical damage, and to execute limited shape-changing and limb-stretching. In combat, he attacks distant enemies either by elongating his limbs (or creating additional ones) to whip or grapple them, or he spits slime to bludgeon and entrap them. In his second incarnation, Plasmus also became capable of spitting acid.
Wiki
Quote:
With his radioactive and chemically-converted body, Plasmus' touch can bring a fiery death onto his opponents reverting them to a protoplasmic state. The touch has no cure and no normal human has withstood it. Plasmus can also loosen his cells so that bullets can't hurt him. He is also able to gather his body if it is scattered while in its less cohesive state. In a certain sense, he is almost identical to the sinister Preston Payne, the third Clayface. Both can, as noted above, melt people into protoplasmic jelly, and have a great deal of control of their gelatinous bodies.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 18th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Looks like only the regeneration is actually iconic. Maybe give him/it an SA where he can reduce a figure to a pool of slime so to speak and Humans can't roll defense dice against it, and then give him whirlwind assault.
Old November 18th, 2013, 08:38 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Looks like only the regeneration is actually iconic. Maybe give him/it an SA where he can reduce a figure to a pool of slime so to speak and Humans can't roll defense dice against it, and then give him whirlwind assault.
Marrowick based him on the Plasmus in the Teen Titans show. Plasmus split up into smaller creatures to attack each Titan individually.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old November 18th, 2013, 10:50 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Marrowick based him on the Plasmus in the Teen Titans show. Plasmus split up into smaller creatures to attack each Titan individually.
This is true. He will often split, change form, stretch, or rebuild himself to adapt to the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
A couple things here. Squads only have one Life and have 2-4 figures, not five. You are breaking two standards of design.
Also if you make him a squad you will need to tweak Regeneration to replace destroyed figures instead of healing wounds.

What do you think about a Common Hero version?
No multiple attacks but good OM management and tough(maybe too tough with Regen). You could tweak this for an Uncommon hero also and go with regular Regeneration.

PLASMUS

Mutate
Common Hero
Creature
Mindless

Life: 1
Move: 5
Range: 2?
Attack: 2
Defense: 2

SPLIT
You may not draft more then five Plasmus figures. Start the game with one Plasmus figure on the board and up to four figures on this card. At the start of each round you may remove up to four Plasmus figures from this card and place them on the board adjacent to at least one other Plasmus figure or remove up to 4 adjacent Plasmus figures from the board and place them on this card. Add one to Plasmus' range, attack, and defense values for each Plasmus figure on this card.

REGEN
If this figure would receive one or more wounds, you may instead remove(destroy?) one figure from this card. At the end of each round, you may roll one combat die. If a blank is rolled, you may place a previously destroyed Plasmus figure on this card.

--------------------
Actually the more I think about it I think Uncommon is a better way to work Split mechanically.

PLASMUS

Mutate
Uncommon Hero
Creature
Mindless

Life: 3?
Move: 5
Range: 2?
Attack: 2
Defense: 2

SPLIT
You may not draft more then five Plasmus figures. Start the game with one Plasmus figure on the board and up to four figures on this card. At the start of each round you may remove up to four Plasmus figures from this card and place them on the board adjacent to at least one other Plasmus figure or remove up to 4 adjacent Plasmus figures from the board and place them on this card. Add one to Plasmus' range, attack, and defense values for each Plasmus figure on this card.

REGENERATION
Instead of attacking with Plasmus, roll one combat die for each Wound Marker on this card. For each skull rolled, you may remove a Wound Marker from this card.

I am not sure. He may need more Life to be able to use Regeneration.
I like it! I think the second one is better though the first is plausible as well.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old November 19th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm wondering how well this will work when you have OMs on five different cards at once. Maybe give him an OM control power so that it won't be so confusing and ineffective, it could be easily worked into the Split power.

I think regeneration is a bit useless on this design b/c he has so little life. I'm not familiar with him from the comics, but I think it would be cooler if he could regenerate his previously destroyed forms.
Old November 19th, 2013, 08:52 AM

I doubt if a TV version will be approved.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 19th, 2013, 10:24 AM

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I doubt if a TV version will be approved.
Well actually earth TeenTitans (the version I'm using) had/has (Not sure if it's still running a comic series of which the TV show was based on so he should be perfectly legit.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old November 19th, 2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
I'm wondering how well this will work when you have OMs on five different cards at once. Maybe give him an OM control power so that it won't be so confusing and ineffective, it could be easily worked into the Split power.

I think regeneration is a bit useless on this design b/c he has so little life. I'm not familiar with him from the comics, but I think it would be cooler if he could regenerate his previously destroyed forms.
We could do that though I didn't originally intend for each Plasmus figure to take a turn at once.

How about this.

REGEN-X
Instead of attacking with this Plasmus you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher place a previously destroyed Plasmus figure on this card and remove all wound marker from its card.

Old November 19th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not saying they should all take a turn at once, but there should be a way so that all the figures don't have to have separate OMs. Something similar to the Sentinal's
Old November 19th, 2013, 01:43 PM

That is exactly why my first version is a common figure that also Regen-s figures.

Can you post what comics this version of Plasmus appears in marrowick?

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy