Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old February 10th, 2019, 10:06 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Superhero RPG play by forum

I'm thinking about starting one up. Please post in this thread if you are interested. I'm expecting people to post 2-3 times a week.

I will be using Mystery Men 2nd edition, which is an OSR superhero RPG. You can get it in PDF for $7 or a paperback for $10 at www.lulu.com

Please sign up by February 27!

Signed-up Superheroes (or Super Villains?):
1. Louisan: The Beacon (Kara)
2. Yodaking: Ghost (Xavier)
3. Dad_Scaper: Lana Shomer
4. IAmBatman: Ever-Loving Rockstar (Johnny)
5. Eritch: Granite (Grant)
6. Spidey: U.S. Express (Sam)
7. Ronin: Tornado: Light Man (David)

FHI: Superhero Temp Agency

Superhero RPG Setting Thread

Superhero RPG In Character Thread

For ability scores, take 21 points and divide them up with each ability having a min of 0 and a max of 6. For experience points, I was thinking of doing Heroic, which gives you 25,000XP to spend. Roll HP + Con bonus each level. Use the highest total. So for 5th level with a Con bonus of +2, you'd roll 1d6+2, 2d6+4, 3d6+6, 4d6+8, and 5d6+10. Whichever roll is the highest is your HP.

Protocol for posting (once we start).

Also, I do want to keep this "comics code friendly". So please be tasteful in your descriptions. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; March 2nd, 2019 at 07:48 PM.
Old February 10th, 2019, 10:10 PM

Louisan is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Superhero RPG play by forum

Sign me up, please!
Old February 10th, 2019, 10:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm kind of interested so I'll look into buying the book. Never done a turn RPG online before though, just games like Werewolf/Mafia. I imagine we use a random number generator to roll the dice then? Any other rules or things I should know about concerning how an online RPG works?
Old February 10th, 2019, 10:16 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, we can use a random number generator online or you can roll physical dice and post what you roll. Have you played a tabletop RPG before?

Quote:
Old February 10th, 2019, 10:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, growing up I played D&D, AD&D, AD&D 2nd edition, played a Star Wars themed RPG, Warhammer RPG, Warhammer 40K RPG, as well and another sword and sorcery RPG I don't recall the name of. The first Games Workshop location in America was at our local mall and back then they sold more than just their own products, so we bought a lot of different games and tried them out in middle school and early high school. Played with a couple of different groups as I moved during that time. We never used minis though like I know some people did, just graph paper and dice. A group of friends started up a D&D 5e(?) game a few years ago but it fizzled out after only a few meetings as it was just too hard to get everyone's schedules to work out.
Old February 10th, 2019, 10:31 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Sign me up! I'll get the thing. One way or the other.

Thanks, Q!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 10th, 2019, 10:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Likewise! I'll give it a go. Sign me up.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 10th, 2019, 10:32 PM

Excellent! You'll just post what your character's doing just like you would say if we were face to face. The system is very much like D&D except it uses experience points to purchase your powers. I haven't played it but it looks very versatile with character creation and has a resolution system I'm familiar with (D&D).

Quote:
Old February 10th, 2019, 10:35 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Excellent. I have the PDF already. I'll look at it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 10th, 2019, 10:40 PM
C3G Landlord

I went ahead and purchased the book, I still like having a hard copy of things and at 124 pages I'll let them use their ink up rather then print it myself. It will take at least 5 days for them to print and ship it to me, but I'm in. Thinking I'd like to be on the villain side of things if both sides have a team of players. If we are all just on one super hero team, that's fine too.
Old February 10th, 2019, 10:43 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think we should all be heroes ... in our own eyes.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 10th, 2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Excellent. I have the PDF already. I'll look at it.
Where did you find it? Having trouble locating it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games