Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 5th, 2008, 04:41 PM

CH4071C has disabled reputation
The many sad, but true, signs of a Heroscape Addict

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10 signs of a Heroscape Addict

10. You have a credit card just for Heroscape purchases.
9. You have at least 2 of every common pack.
8. You know every card word for word by heart.
7. Your day consists of eating, sleeping, and posting on Heroscapers.com
6. You have scrounged for money when you found a pack you have been looking for.
5. You start twitching when you find an older wave in a store.
4. You have taken out a loan to fund your collection.
3. You see in Red, Yellow, and Sparkly Transparent Blue.
2. You can drive 300 miles to play a game of ‘scape, but cannot drive 30 miles for a family reunion.

And Finally,
The #1 sign of a Heroscape Addict:

Your personal stock is larger than all the stores within 50 miles combined.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is just what I came up with for now, please post suggestions, and I will try to update the list.

CH4071C

Are you a Heroscape Addict? Check the Symptoms.

My Maps
Old February 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I resemble many of those remarks, especially the one about being on this site. No joke, I am on this site more than is healthy. Truth, the Main Member, has said "Dude... you're on here more than I am." He went on to mention this thing called Life I should look into getting.

Also, my collection is now indeed much larger than all the local stores combined. Tis true.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old February 5th, 2008, 04:55 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
ej,

Sorry to hijack this thread but I wanted to let you know that for some reason I suddenly can't pm you. I have tried several times and I get:

[quoteForbidden
You don't have permission to access /community/privmsg.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.heroscapers.com Port 80[/quote]

Back on subject, I am starting to exhibit many of these signes

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old February 5th, 2008, 04:58 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I probably need to clean out my messages. Try again in five minutes.

UPDATE - Well... Delete All certainly does what it says.

Old February 5th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!
ah i learned that one the hard way as well
Old February 5th, 2008, 05:23 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
I probably need to clean out my messages. Try again in five minutes.

UPDATE - Well... Delete All certainly does what it says.
Nope. Still cant

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old February 5th, 2008, 05:31 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker
When every other sentence you say has to do with heroscape in some way.
Old February 5th, 2008, 05:47 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 10 signs of a Heroscape Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4071C

6. You have scrounged for money when you found a pack you have been looking for.
4. You have taken out a loan to fund your collection.
2. You can drive 300 miles to play a game of ‘scape, but cannot drive 30 miles for a family reunion.

And Finally,

this is just what I came up with for now, please post suggestions, and I will try to update the list.

CH4071C
I was totally getting ready to post a list like this one of these days. I love yours. Here's a few more for it. These are all true to life, sad to say.

11. You see two people conversing on the front steps of a building and you find yourself recognizing that one has height advantage over the other.

12. Out for a walk, you pass street address 1366 and you find yourself thinking "$13.66 . . . I've got to get to TRU."

13. Listening to a traffic report, you hear the mention of "roads" and you mentally draft the Dumutef Guard.

14. The title of the movie "The Last Samurai" makes you think of the end of a game.

15. You hear the phrase "Afghan Warlord" on the news and think to yourself "Fights for Einar. Bonds with Sacred Band."

16. You get mail from Hasbro delivered to your house and you can't remember ever having signed up for anything.

17. You've typed the word "Heroscape" enough times that its actually faster to type it than to bookmark a webpage.

18. While substitute teaching, you see a group of children slowly crawling across the floor with meter sticks in their hands and you mentally label them the Ashigaru Yari.

19. Everyday words like "Samurai," "Dragon," "Knight," etc. have all taken on a very specific meaning, complete with battle stats.

And finally . . .

20. You can't decide what to have for breakfast in the morning, but you have your next 6 armies down on paper already.

I hope others will add to this list.
Old February 5th, 2008, 06:00 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
Re: 10 signs of a Heroscape Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4071C

5. You start twitching when you find an older wave in a store.4. You have taken out a loan to fund your collection.

And Finally,

CH4071C
These bolded ones are mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice
I was totally getting ready to post a list like this one of these days. I love yours. Here's a few more for it. These are all true to life, sad to say.

11. You see two people conversing on the front steps of a building and you find yourself recognizing that one has height advantage over the other.

12. Out for a walk, you pass street address 1366 and you find yourself thinking "$13.66 . . . I've got to get to TRU."

13. Listening to a traffic report, you hear the mention of "roads" and you mentally draft the Dumutef Guard.

14. The title of the movie "The Last Samurai" makes you think of the end of a game.

15. You hear the phrase "Afghan Warlord" on the news and think to yourself "Fights for Einar. Bonds with Sacred Band."

16. You get mail from Hasbro delivered to your house and you can't remember ever having signed up for anything.

17. You've typed the word "Heroscape" enough times that its actually faster to type it than to bookmark a webpage.

18. While substitute teaching, you see a group of children slowly crawling across the floor with meter sticks in their hands and you mentally label them the Ashigaru Yari.

19. Everyday words like "Samurai," "Dragon," "Knight," etc. have all taken on a very specific meaning, complete with battle stats.

And finally . . .

20. You can't decide what to have for breakfast in the morning, but you have your next 6 armies down on paper already.

I hope others will add to this list.
These are great!

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old February 5th, 2008, 06:07 PM

Maska is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
#9 and #1

"The Crystal Wind is the Storm, the Storm is Data, the Data is Life." - The Players Litany
Old February 5th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
1.Your personal stock is larger than all the stores within 50 miles combined.

CRAP! I'm all of the above.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old February 5th, 2008, 06:32 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

I would drive 30 miles to a family reunion... if anybody in my family played Heroscape. Sadly I have a bunch of old people who can barely handle the excitement Idiot Bridge and another side of the family who things Harry Potter is of the Debbil. They make that "Christian-Soldier" "woman" from the wife swap show look sane by comparison.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion