Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Closed Thread

Old June 16th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Avengers Mansion: Suggestions for Supers only HOV..

Alright Johnny brought this up so lets get this up and running;

What we need to figure out

Name

Nominations= How it will work

Judges= Community vote or Judges or maybe a merging of the 2

Display= How will winners be displayed

Lets discuss some ideas to make this great

~Fallen Templar

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old June 16th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Well, we'll need to wait for more blanks, better pics, etc. So we can start it up in a few weeks - July by the latest. Nominations can be made... somehow. Community votes are a must. And I'll start the thread to show off the winners once we get everything up and running. Though, should have a Halls of Justice and an Avengers Mansion? If so, where do the Hellboy/City of Heroes/Other Comics heroes go?
Old June 16th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Web Wader

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Well, we'll need to wait for more blanks, better pics, etc. So we can start it up in a few weeks - July by the latest. Nominations can be made... somehow. Community votes are a must. And I'll start the thread to show off the winners once we get everything up and running. Though, should have a Halls of Justice and an Avengers Mansion? If so, where do the Hellboy/City of Heroes/Other Comics heroes go?
I was using the Avengers mansion a placeholder title but it would fit pretty well as a best of thread. At some point every famous Super Hero has been part of the Avengers or allied with and planned inside the mansion. Also many villains have attacked the mansion as well. That being said their have been DC crossover with Marvel so their some probable meeting at the Mansion. Also any other suggestions for a name? Actually we have blanks though or people have made their own {Iambatman, allskulls, Doc Savage [i think], myself} so maybe earlier then July.....

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old June 16th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Halls of Justice and Danger Room are the names we came up with on the last thread where we talked about this. :P With Danger Room equalling the Barracks and Halls of Justice equalling the Halls of Vahalla.
Names are debatable, though. What I'm most interested in is how the rest of things will be ran and what exactly our mission statement is here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 16th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
That's the thing - let's say someone creates a Wolverine, even though there's a Wolverine already in official MarvelScape. It's a really, REALLY good custom. Do we let it in?
Old June 16th, 2007, 08:06 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=9037

This is as far as we got in the last thread I just mentioned. Hopefully we can have a more productive conversation in this one.
The way I see it there's no reason we can't have two stickied galleries here just like in the other customs thread. One like the Halls of Vahalla and one like the Barracks.
As I understand it, the purpose of the Halls of Vahalla is to memorialize the Best of the Best in customs - here it would be the Best of the Best in Superhero customs (or especially profound/historic efforts).
Our version of the Barracks would act like the Barracks in that it would be there to showcase the proven customs that had been through the fire and were determined playable, balanced, and to add something to the game. Ideally, IMO, there would be at least one version of just about any iconic character in the "Super Barracks" (insert name here) eventually. I'd have nothing against multiple versions, as long as they were significantly different and really reflect different aspects of a character's personality. If two custom spideys use his webshooters completely differently and in brilliant ways, I'd love to see both in our version of the Barracks.
Anyway, as far as running things, no reason we can adopt a very similar system to the way they do it over there. I'm on board for anything that's needed.
Questions? Comments? Thoughts?
We should get a poll running about name choices when we get a chance ...

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 16th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I think that sounds good. A panel of judges can be on Halls of Justice/Valhalla, and the Super Barracks (I say S.H.I.E.L.D. Barracks!) can be voted on by the community.
Old June 16th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Web Wader

I think for here we should merge the Barracks like threa and HOV like thread into 1 thread. Mainly because for all intensive purposes the HOV has been replaced by the Barracks in the classicscape Custom Unit section. 1 thread that merges the two ideas would be best in my honest opinion.

Old June 16th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Name
The name should be all inclusive so Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, etc. will all feel at home.

We could call it Power Surge: Super Customs You Could Use Now

Quote:
Nominations= How it will work
Like the Barracks, we could have a separate thread for nominations. We should add a playtesting stipulation. Don't know about you guys but I haven't even used my super customs yet (not the new ones anyway). To say these are ready for play now would not be fair without at least a game or two. There should be battle reports accompanying each nomination. I'm not saying we need to get into extensive Hasbro-like playtesting but some actual playing reviews would help the voters.

Quote:
Judges= Community vote or Judges or maybe a merging of the 2
I think with the playtesting required for nominations, a community vote would work well. Plus, with already created characters from comics, who will be the authorities of them all. Too many characters for any small group of judges to know. I think the mechanics of the character's stats and abilities should be the main thing but with well known characters, accuracy will play a part. Community vote is my vote.

With that, there needs to be voting guidelines in place. A "no" vote will require an explanation from the voter so discussion towards custom perfection can happen.

Quote:
Display= How will winners be displayed
Locked thread like the Barracks. Should we call them winners? Just kind of sounds like a contest. HOV and the Barracks are not contests but just places for customs people find to be a cut above the rest. I say we just continue to customize and we deal with the nominations as they come.
Old June 16th, 2007, 11:49 PM

I agree that I need to do a LOT of playtesting still. Costing/balancing issues are my main problem with my customs, and something that can only truly be resolved through playtesting.
One thing I think would be awesome is if we customs workers could band together to help each other playtest. I know that playtesting my own customs is one thing - but having outside perspectives from people with different playing styles (and people forced to interpret special abilities in gameplay situations without the aforeknowledge I have) could prove invaluable.
Oh ... here's my official suggestion for the name, I know it reflects my DC bias, but I more like it for its similarity to the Halls of Vahalla ... How about ...
The Halls of Heroes?
I think it has a certain class.
If we go anything company specific, though, I think it should be Marvel, since this is technically in the Marvel section. Which is why my second favorite idea is still The Danger Room.
I agree with AllSkulls again about letting the community vote, and about the importance of "no" votes having accompanying comments to be counted/worthwhile.
I guess the next part is a nomination thread, though I think all of us are a bit off still from feeling like we have anything that we'd feel is ready to be nominated. :P

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations