Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 07:07 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Worst Commercials

I have 2 commercials that I especially loath.

1 This one pepsi commercial. Let me try reinact the first time I saw this:

Commercial: A study found that about 56% of people prefer Pepsi over coke. That means most people prefer pepsi.
Me: No
Commercial: Alright, a lot of people.
Commercial: O.K. a little more than half.
Me: There you go.
Commercial: A little more than half, that means you should buy Pepsi.
Me: Wait, What? 56%, that's like 11 out of 20 people! A one person difference. I should buy Pepsi so I fit in with the lying crowd of 11 people? That's stupid.

I propably prefer Pepsi over coke any way but the commercial was idiotic.

2. The HeadOn commercial.

HeadOn apply directly to the forehead. HeadOn apply directly to the forehead. HeadOn apply directly to the forehead.

Pistol apply directly to the forehead! I know I'm supposed to apply it directly to my forhead, BUT WHAT IS IT? It is for zits? It is a cream of some sort? Is it glue stick, becuase it looks like gluestick. I'm not going to apply gluestick directly to my forehead!

[/rant]

Do any of you have other commercials that you think are the worst?

6 x 9 = 42

Old July 2nd, 2007, 07:10 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I dunno, I kinda like the Pepsi ones... outside of the 90210 ones.

I doubt most people in America know of this, but in the Boston area, there's this commercial for Mike FM Radio... well, let it speak for itself.

*sigh*

The hatred I have for that commercial is infinite.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 07:17 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I hate commercials.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 07:29 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139

I've always hated those insurance commercials, with the exeption of the Gieco ones.

FINISH HIM!
Old July 2nd, 2007, 07:49 PM

nonexistantnonexister has disabled reputation
Quote:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqT-QGek9Uw]
omfg that was innapropriate

....im a 1o year old.......this site has scarred me for life 3 fricken times......oh well i still like heroscape,....

Old July 2nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I absolutely loathe those ridiculous Olive Garden commercials.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 08:51 PM

theats has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
When you're here, you're family. Once you join the family, there is no leaving. Never cross the family, or i'll get my men to whack you.

Theophilus.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:39 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I don't watch much television, but I do loathe certain radio commercials.
Tom Shane jewelers and Shrieve & Co. jewelers. I hear them on a classical music radio station - Shane's adverts especially annoy.
There's also a speaker from Raley's and Nob Hill Foods whose voice and delivery style drive me batty.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:45 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
WHOA! I just ate at Olive Garden tonight! I must say, their Shrimp on Angel Hair Spaghetti is very good. The salad, however, was so-so.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:36 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
There are two commercials I've seen make me go

1. The Red Bull commercials. You know where after they say, "Red bull gives you wings." And then that guy with the stupid voice says, "Well actually, Red Bull temporarily restores.... yadda, yadda, yadda." I just have to wonder what happened that required them to put in such a rediculous disclaimer.

2. More than once I've seen an infomercial, and when they go to the people giving the testamonials, what I'm hearing does not match how their lips are moving. Needless to say, that definately would turn me off from buying something from them, were I considering it.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 11:09 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonexistantnonexister
Quote:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqT-QGek9Uw]
omfg that was innapropriate

....im a 1o year old.......this site has scarred me for life 3 fricken times......oh well i still like heroscape,....
You could always leave.

6 x 9 = 42

Old July 2nd, 2007, 11:34 PM

theats has disabled reputation
Re: Worst Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman1444
I have 2 commercials that I especially loath.

1 This one pepsi commercial. Let me try reinact the first time I saw this:

Commercial: A study found that about 56% of people prefer Pepsi over coke. That means most people prefer pepsi.
Commercial: Alright, a lot of people.
Commercial: O.K. a little more than half.
Me: There you go.
Commercial: A little more than half, that means you should buy Pepsi.
Me: Wait, What? 56%, that's like 11 out of 20 people! A one person difference. I should buy Pepsi so I fit in with the lying crowd of 11 people? That's stupid.

I propably prefer Pepsi over coke any way but the commercial was idiotic.

2. The HeadOn commercial.

HeadOn apply directly to the forehead. HeadOn apply directly to the forehead. HeadOn apply directly to the forehead.

Pistol apply directly to the forehead! I know I'm supposed to apply it directly to my forhead, BUT WHAT IS IT? It is for zits? It is a cream of some sort? Is it glue stick, becuase it looks like gluestick. I'm not going to apply gluestick directly to my forehead!

[/rant]

Do any of you have other commercials that you think are the worst?
I believe the commercial said that 56% of people who drink diet pepsi believe that it has more cola flavor than diet coke.

Theophilus.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General