Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old May 24th, 2020, 05:41 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: The Workbook of Aragorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
That's correct, the only place Aragorn uses a bow is in the video games. I'd also be set against him using a bow.
Pardon the interruption, but this isn’t quite true. Strider uses a bow in the films as well, at least once, at the Battle of Balin’s Tomb. Minis based on the films may or may not have a bow, so do with that what you will.

Denying ranged attacks altogether for one turn strikes me as... inelegant? And also not quite hitting his ability to keep four Hobbits safe by himself. There’s already a mechanic in the game for what you’re trying to achieve, why not adapt that?

RANGER’S CONCEALMENT 16
When Strider, or an unengaged small or medium figure adjacent to Strider is targeted for a normal or special attack and receives 1 or more wounds, you may roll the 20-sided die. Count the minimum number of spaces between the attacking figure and the defending figure. Add this number to your die roll. If you roll a 16 or higher, ignore any wounds the defending figure just received.

Also, if you’re trying to represent the Ranger and not the King here, I’d say the personality is better as Tricky. He tracked Gollum across half the known world, outwitted spies of Sauron and the Nazgul, etc. Resolute and Confident are good for where he ends up, but not as representative as where he starts the books.
“I think a servant of the enemy would look fairer, and feel fouler.”
“Whereas I look foul and feel fair, is that it?”

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs