Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: how most of your games go? solo? 1 on 1? Multi?
Most of my games are played solo 2 4.88%
I play mostly one on one 21 51.22%
Mostly two Vs two games 5 12.20%
Mostly multi-players games (3, 4, 5, 6+) 9 21.95%
A good mixture of all that 4 9.76%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 14th, 2006, 03:25 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Are you playing HeroScape... one on one, multi players, etc?

I am curious to know how most of your games go. I know some people here play mostly one on one games (by preference and/or by lack of players). I play mostly game with 3 to 6 players, by choice (and chance). Some others seems to play mostly solo games. What is your average say, over the last two-three months?

I ask that out of curiosity but also because I find HeroScape to be quite different when played like chess, Stratego or checkers (one on one) compared to the board games way: many players around a table, with all that comes with it, the social aspect of it, the diplomacy, the noise, the small talk around the table, the possibility of alliances made/broken, a bit of poker in the eye when moving a figurine on the board, beer , food :hungry: , strategy discussion, etc.

And, one more question. Are your game events only that? You get together to play and then bye, bye? Or is it followed or preceded by a shared meal? etc.

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old July 14th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I chose "A Good Mixture" since multiplayer is the one that gets mostly played but I do play a lot of solo HS just for kicks. When the group gets together we usually order food or have someone pickup food on the way over. We'll have one of the sports channels on the tv or some music blaring in the background. We do discuss some strategy but we usually get into discussing how to change up a scenario or add some wacky rules to try out. It's all good but just doesn't happen enough, imo.

Interesting poll, Aranas!

Newb.
Old July 14th, 2006, 03:38 PM

Logan_Xavier has disabled reputation
Most games are minimum three players. Sometimes up to six.

We usually watch some tube, listen to some music, order food (if early enough), drink beer (courtesy of the Keg fridge under the bar ), and have a great time. Sometimes after we quit we'll play some Mario Cart or Pac-Man vs both for game cube.

Bulls: 49-33
Time to crush the Heat and advance to the second round!!
Old July 14th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
My games are me VS my kids - we get the same # of points but they each get a set of order markers...

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old July 14th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Used to play 4+ players always. But since hitting the tourney scene it's been more 1 on 1. I like the quick play aspect.
Old July 14th, 2006, 03:58 PM

MrBishop is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
One on one with one of two different friends. I am looking forward to my son being old enough to play!

Generally we play when the kids are in bed and the wives can go off on their own and chat or watch a movie. Our games are referred to as "Nerd Fests" by the wives. It is disappointing that they will atleast not try the game once. Oh well, their loss.

Games are usually preceeded by a meal together with the wives and kids.
Old July 14th, 2006, 04:02 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishop
...Our games are referred to as "Nerd Fests" by the wives. It is disappointing that they will atleast not try the game once. Oh well, their loss...

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old July 14th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Usually it's one on one but tonight it'll be a 4 player every man for himself game. Mostly though for the last month I haven't even had a chance to play and I've only ever played 1 solo game, but that was during the testing for my Colleseum Map.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old July 14th, 2006, 04:07 PM

Gambit has disabled reputation
i really only have 1 other person to play with

i dont post that much

-Utradoug
a warhammer/HS site,im a mod there> www.miniwargames.net/forums
Old July 14th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Weekly, two couples get together to eat and drink and such, the guys play one on one, the wife and girl-friend don't play but know how the game is played and do make comments, often ridiculing the guys.

We've had a few times when another player was around and we played three way. We've never played two vs. two; but I'd like to try that.
Old July 14th, 2006, 09:15 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
We play one on one and two on two. We've played several 3 player games but find that such games when played every man for himself usually turn out to be vastly unfair for one player.

Now if we have 3 players, we'll do a four player scenerio with one person controlling two armies.
Old July 15th, 2006, 09:56 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I only have one younger brother who is willing to play, so all my games are 1 on 1, which gets very boring. Also my brother's not so good at heroscape so i beat him almost every time. I'm thinking about playing more solo games for a change of pace.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion